“Very average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Taft Museum of Art

Taft Museum of Art
316 Pike St, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)
513-241-0343
Website
Update attraction details
Ranked #17 of 80 attractions in Cincinnati
Type: Art Museums
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Housed in a 175-year-old Federal building, this private art collection - one of the world's best - includes art from around the world, from 13th-century European sculpture to ancient Chinese porcelains to 17th-century European painting.
Southern California
17 attraction reviews
“Very average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

A small museum, I expect I was there for less than half an hour. All the exhibits where located on the second floor of an old house. There are two parts one with black and white photographs of celebrities but the first half of the twentieth century like Fanny Brice etc. I found that the most interesting. The rest of the pieces were placed in rooms of the house and included painting and decorations. I don’t finally of these memorable. It’s probably worth seeing if your spending an extended time in Cincinnati but it would not be on the top of my list of places to see. Adequate parking. I was there on a Sunday and it was free.

Visited December 2012

Planet Earth
“Amazing art from Cincy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Very well organised Art museum with great art, visitor friendly, very educative and relax. Reccomanded for all ages, schools, families !

Middletown, Ohio
21 attraction reviews
“Always a visual delight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I has been a long standing tradition of my family to visit the museum during the holidays. We look forward to the various exhibits.

134 attraction reviews
“Corot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The Taft museum was awesome. The collection of Corot's are better than what I have seen in Paris. I try to stop here every visit to Cincy.

Indiana
5 attraction reviews
“Taft lived up to its billing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very nice and well organizes. I particularly like how the art was integrated into the home. I would recommend it and will return on a subsequent visit to Cincinnatti.

Visited November 2012

Been to Taft Museum of Art? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Taft Museum of Art, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.