“Good clean stay, comfortable.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
NJ
“Good clean stay, comfortable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Easy to find location in an area where shopping is plentiful. Seems pretty safe and nicely decorated.
Our room was pretty comfortable, the beds were terrific. Room was clean.
I'm not giving this property five stars however because the sofa and chair in the room were heavily stained. If this were my hotel, I would have replaced the cushions or the stained furniture as it leaves an "icky" feeling when you consider the prospect of using the furniture. Some stains on the carpet, but nothing too horrific.
Breakfast was standard fare offered by this chain and was fresh and hot. Good coffee.
Internet access was somewhat compromised during peak hours but sped up later in the evening.
Front desk was courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms on first floor were somewhat noisy up until pool closed at 10PM. If you go to bed early, I wou...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear, Patricia P

Thank you for taking time to write a review on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed our rooms and found the beds very comfortable. I am very sorry that the sofa and couch had staines on them. I want to let you know that we already had half of them professionally cleaned this week and another half will be cleaned next week.

We really do appreciate your comments, both good and bad, and I hope you will stay with us again.

Madina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
North Ridgeville, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The location was perfect for the main purpose of the trip which was to visit Jungle Jim's. Hotel parking was close and free which was a plus. We were able to check in early which was also nice. I thought the waterfall in the lobby gave the hotel a classy touch and was soothing to watch during breakfast. I was somewhat disappointed in a few things, though. The cushion on the upholstered chair in the room was stained on both sides. There was an odd stain on the fitted sheet of my bed, as well. We also encountered several stains (which appeared to be bleach) on the carpet in the second floor hallway. These stains gave me the overall impression that cleanliness was not the first thing on the mind of the hotel staff. My family and I rented a suite that had a pull-out sofa. When we opened the sofa, it was positioned at an awkward angle because of the angle of the wall. That made it difficult to navigate the room at night without bumping into it. The bathroom was surprisingly immaculate in comparison to the newer, more upscale hotel I stayed at in June which already had brown rust or water stains somehow.

The pool was a little bit small but it appeared clean even though it was pretty cloudy (probably due to chlorine which is okay with me). Both the pool and the hot tub were good temperatures for relaxing and having fun. The pool area could have used more lighting. It was very dim at times. The free breakfast in the morning was packed with people but supplies were readily refreshed. The selection of breakfast goodies was decent overall. The addition of a second waffle maker might be nice, though, considering it was the most popular feature and there was a pretty long line at times. With Steak 'n Shake and McDonald's within walking distance and the mall across the street, it would have been easy to find alternatives for breakfast if the lobby was too full, and also to find lunch and dinner quickly. The check out process was insanely quick--they already processed my credit card the day before and since I had no extra charges, all I had to do was give the clerk the key and walk out the door.

This Comfort Suites is an okay place to stay if you're in the area. I wasn't overly impressed for the price I paid but it was mostly comfortable and offered a mini fridge in the room to store my precious Jungle Jim's purchases. ;-) When I come back to visit, I'll probably consider this place again but will also research other venues.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear, El_Cuervo_20

Thank you kindly for choosing Comfort Suites for your hotel accommodations and for taking time to write your review. We appreciate your comments both positive and negative.They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Cincinnati.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

From the moment I walked in to check out process this hotel is great. The staff is friendly, the decor is new, modern. The breakfast was delicious with variety of options. The room was very comfortable and great size, and most importantly the room was very clean! I recommend this hotel to any visitors to the Cincinnati area, I know I will return again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear, BretB727

I would like to thank you for taking your time to post this review. I am glad to hear you you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel a great value.

We hope to see you again,

Canton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I talked directly to the hotel staff in order to get a room my husband could use and paid extra for an accessible room. Imagine my surprise to find out that it was not only a tub/shower, but that there were no grab bars in the shower or near the plumbing

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear, Dcarmen49

Thank you for taking time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I am very sorry that the room you stayed in was not what you expected to get. Our hotel has accessible rooms with both regular tubs and a roll in shower. And we would gladly accommodate you in the right room if you decide to give us another oppotunity and stay here again.

Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Nice hotel, but we expected it to be nicer. The free breakfasts were OK, but we expected more. Many tables in eating area were against the wall preventing TV viewing. The room was nice but on the dark side due to the conversion to CFLs, especially in the bathroom. However, staff gave us a loaner lamp so my wife could apply her makeup.

Our biggest gripe was with the pool and spa tub. The pool was much smaller than expected, so it crowds up easily. I suffered a nasty scrape entering the spa tub despite using the safety railing into the tub. This was because the stairs are very narrow, with the bar going down the middle creating little foot room.

On the plus side most of the staff was accommodating, especially a blonde woman from Romania who made pleasant conversation with my wife and myself.

Room Tip: A 4th floor room prevents hearing kids running around above you.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear, Jeff C

Thank you so much for taking time to write your review. I am very sorry you didn't enjoy our pool area. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope you will stay with us again so we can have another chance to provide you with with a superior experience.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel room was very clean. The complimentary breakfast was good. I would stay here again. The front desk personnel was as friendly as I would expect, but the room more than made up for it.
The location is just off the highway which made it very convenient to get around. Right next door to Meijer's, Kohl's, Steak and Shake and McDonald's.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear, ClareA5

Thank you kindly for taking time to post the review. We appreciate your feedback and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you staying with us again.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

No complaints here! We had a wonderful stay! We were here for a family reunion and booked a group of rooms so there were several kids and family members visiting throughout the weekend.The hotel was updated, clean and quiet. Our room had a refrigerator and microwave and also 2 Queen beds and a pull out sofa. Perfect!They provided a hot breakfast every morning encluding eggs, sausage, ham and waffles. The hotel is close to everything including restaurants (you can walk to McDonalds's, IHOP and Steak n Shake and it is right across the street from Red Lobster and other local establishments) they are also very close to various convienent stores. Staff was extremely friendly and let us enjoy our stay. Pool area is indoors and a little small but we managed :) Do not hesitate to stay here. We will be back!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel.Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. I am glad to hear you found the hotel a great value. We look forward to seeing you at the next family reunion.

Been to Comfort Suites Forest Park? Share your experiences!