“Clean rooms, close to shopping” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Cincinnati
Chicago, Illinois
“Clean rooms, close to shopping”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel room was very clean. The complimentary breakfast was good. I would stay here again. The front desk personnel was as friendly as I would expect, but the room more than made up for it.
The location is just off the highway which made it very convenient to get around. Right next door to Meijer's, Kohl's, Steak and Shake and McDonald's.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear, ClareA5

Thank you kindly for taking time to post the review. We appreciate your feedback and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you staying with us again.

Kind regards,

Madina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

No complaints here! We had a wonderful stay! We were here for a family reunion and booked a group of rooms so there were several kids and family members visiting throughout the weekend.The hotel was updated, clean and quiet. Our room had a refrigerator and microwave and also 2 Queen beds and a pull out sofa. Perfect!They provided a hot breakfast every morning encluding eggs, sausage, ham and waffles. The hotel is close to everything including restaurants (you can walk to McDonalds's, IHOP and Steak n Shake and it is right across the street from Red Lobster and other local establishments) they are also very close to various convienent stores. Staff was extremely friendly and let us enjoy our stay. Pool area is indoors and a little small but we managed :) Do not hesitate to stay here. We will be back!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel.Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. I am glad to hear you found the hotel a great value. We look forward to seeing you at the next family reunion.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I've been staying at this property at least monthly (sometimes more) for the last year while working on a project in a nearby township. While there are other hotels available somewhat closer to the job, none compare to the service, convenience and nightly rate for this property. All staff are friendly and very helpful. The hotel appears to be relatively new, with rooms that are always clean and comfortable. There is an exercise room with equipment in excellent condition. Best of all the area is quiet even while being a block away from the expressway. There is also plenty of restaurants in the vicinity along with grocery and shopping.

Room Tip: Front side rooms are not as succeptable to outdoor night lighting.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It's great to hear you enjoy our hotel. Means a lot to my staff to know what they do every day is recognized by our guests. We hope to see you next time you are in the area!
Sauk Village, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My parents and I had been on the road for 12 hours heading home from Virginia. Quite frankly we just could not endure another 5 hours on the road to get home. Therefore I did a quick search on the Internet, while riding in the vehicle, and this Comfort Suites had mostly favorable reviews. Without any reservations we simply drove up and I went inside to inquire about a room for the night.

Before I go into extensive details about the hotel, I'll point out the location. Located just 16 miles northwest of the heart of Cincinnati this hotel was very easy to find. This Comfort Suites is right off of I-275. As soon as you come off the west bound ramp you are seconds from the hotel. Just 2 quick turns, off the ramp, and you are in the hotel parking lot. The hotel is also located close to food and easy shopping in walking and short drive distance. This was perfect because my family and I were too tired to travel far to dine for dinner. On the south side of I-275 you have Walmart and on the north side you have Meijers for easy shopping. Several dine in and fast food restaurants are within 30 seconds to 3 minutes away from the hotel. Just 3 miles west of the hotel is the mega mall known as Cincinnati Mills.

When I walked into the lobby I found it to be very clean and spacious. I especially liked the waterfall wall because it offered serenity. The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating for my request. Within minutes of walking in I was given a room. My parents and I were given room 318, which is a double queen suite with a separate sitting area and sleeper sofa. The décor was updated, but my mother's complaint was that the comforter seemed dingy. I personally was too tired to notice. I can tell you that I slept like a baby in the bed. Regardless of whether the comforter was dingy or not, I was very comfortable in the bed.

Regarding the continental breakfast, I chose to pass on it. When both of my parents came to the room complaining about the breakfast, I made the choice to skip it. I like fresh made breakfast food as opposed to powder like eggs, mix it yourself quick oatmeal etc, The food choices for this hotel's continental breakfast was not appealing to my family. But overall I am extremely glad this hotel was available to accommodate my parents and I on short/no notice.] and at a great price.

I give this hotel a one thumbs up for Location, Price, Friendliness and Basic Cleanliness!!

Signed your Happy Traveling Travel Agent....Beverly

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel. It is a pleasure you were able to experience an overall pleasant stay here at the Comfort Suites. It's great that you found time to provide those extra detailes for all other travelers. We hope to have another opportunity to provide you with a great stay in the near future.
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Check-in was quick and efficient. Room was very nice -- non-smoking king suite -- good size. Everything clean and in good repair. Hotel appeared to be fairly new. Bed was comfortable with lots of pillows. Generous supply of towels. Room included a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. Good flat-screen TV. Lots of power outlets for electronics. Good Wifi signal -- reasonably fast and easy to use.

There was significant noise from people (children?) stomping on floor above me until 2:30 AM Sunday morning. Minimal noise from neighboring rooms on each side. Good external sound-proofing -- no noise from freeway or street. Maid honored the "do no disturb" sign -- thanks! Good air-conditioning unit, but it cycled on and off even on the non-automatic "low fan setting" -- I would have preferred that it stayed on -- better for sleep and masking noise.

Excellent breakfast bar. Lots of selections for hot and cold foods. Mini-omelettes, sausage patties, make your own waffles, mini-danishes, yogurt, fruit cups, fresh fruit, hot and cold cerials, selection of coffees and teas. Good presentation and lots of tables and seating.

Good location convenient to I-275. Lots of places nearby for quick meals -- IHOP and Steak-n-Shake across street, McDonalds up the street. Many, many more choices within 5 minute drive.

I witnessed a shooting up the street from the hotel during my stay -- several people sent to hospital. Later reported as 3 local residents involved in road-rage conflict. It had no direct connection to hotel, but left me with the impression that the area is not entirely safe.

Michigan City, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Very fast and easy check-in. We got to our room it was pretty stuffy so we turned the air on 64 and went to eat. After we got back we went down to swim. Very loud with unattended children all over the place. Kids running back and forth from the pool to the jacuzzi not paying attention to other guests or smaller kids. Left the pool area very angry. Got back to the room it was still stuffy. Went down to talk to the front desk and they then informed us the ac was froze up because we turned it down to low when we first turned it on. I have never had this problem at any other hotels I have stayed at. I believe this is something they should tell you during check-in. All rooms booked so no other options either 10% discount or full refund and leave. Not an option to leave after 9pm at night with kids. Had to turn ac off and wait a couple of hours until we turned it back on. Window barely opens so the room was stuffy all night in our 3rd story room. The room finally cooled off after 2:30am. Next morning the breakfast was good and plenty of options. Check -out was fast and easy.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel almost weekly for the past year when I am working out of my Cincinnati office. The hotel is clean, comfortable, and spacious. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. Any minor issues that I have had are addressed and corrected quickly. I would definately recommend this hotel for your personal or business needs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites Forest Park? Share your experiences!