My parents and I had been on the road for 12 hours heading home from Virginia. Quite frankly we just could not endure another 5 hours on the road to get home. Therefore I did a quick search on the Internet, while riding in the vehicle, and this Comfort Suites had mostly favorable reviews. Without any reservations we simply drove up and I went inside to inquire about a room for the night.
Before I go into extensive details about the hotel, I'll point out the location. Located just 16 miles northwest of the heart of Cincinnati this hotel was very easy to find. This Comfort Suites is right off of I-275. As soon as you come off the west bound ramp you are seconds from the hotel. Just 2 quick turns, off the ramp, and you are in the hotel parking lot. The hotel is also located close to food and easy shopping in walking and short drive distance. This was perfect because my family and I were too tired to travel far to dine for dinner. On the south side of I-275 you have Walmart and on the north side you have Meijers for easy shopping. Several dine in and fast food restaurants are within 30 seconds to 3 minutes away from the hotel. Just 3 miles west of the hotel is the mega mall known as Cincinnati Mills.
When I walked into the lobby I found it to be very clean and spacious. I especially liked the waterfall wall because it offered serenity. The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating for my request. Within minutes of walking in I was given a room. My parents and I were given room 318, which is a double queen suite with a separate sitting area and sleeper sofa. The décor was updated, but my mother's complaint was that the comforter seemed dingy. I personally was too tired to notice. I can tell you that I slept like a baby in the bed. Regardless of whether the comforter was dingy or not, I was very comfortable in the bed.
Regarding the continental breakfast, I chose to pass on it. When both of my parents came to the room complaining about the breakfast, I made the choice to skip it. I like fresh made breakfast food as opposed to powder like eggs, mix it yourself quick oatmeal etc, The food choices for this hotel's continental breakfast was not appealing to my family. But overall I am extremely glad this hotel was available to accommodate my parents and I on short/no notice.] and at a great price.
I give this hotel a one thumbs up for Location, Price, Friendliness and Basic Cleanliness!!
Signed your Happy Traveling Travel Agent....Beverly
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Suites is located close to the Bass Pro Shop Outdoor World store at Cincinnati Mills and several other shopping areas and local attractions. This all suite hotel offers guest suites with microwave, refrigerator, hair dryer, complimentary WIFI, iron and full size ironing board, plasma TV and pull out sofa sleeper in every room. We have an indoor pool, exercise room, business center and guest laundry. We offer a full, hot breakfast each morning and plenty of free onsite parking. All Comfort Suites are 100 percent smoke-free properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Suites Forest Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Forest Park Hotel Cincinnati
- Comfort Suites Forest Park Cincinnati, Ohio