“Good For A Weary Traveler” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Sauk Village, Illinois
“Good For A Weary Traveler”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My parents and I had been on the road for 12 hours heading home from Virginia. Quite frankly we just could not endure another 5 hours on the road to get home. Therefore I did a quick search on the Internet, while riding in the vehicle, and this Comfort Suites had mostly favorable reviews. Without any reservations we simply drove up and I went inside to inquire about a room for the night.

Before I go into extensive details about the hotel, I'll point out the location. Located just 16 miles northwest of the heart of Cincinnati this hotel was very easy to find. This Comfort Suites is right off of I-275. As soon as you come off the west bound ramp you are seconds from the hotel. Just 2 quick turns, off the ramp, and you are in the hotel parking lot. The hotel is also located close to food and easy shopping in walking and short drive distance. This was perfect because my family and I were too tired to travel far to dine for dinner. On the south side of I-275 you have Walmart and on the north side you have Meijers for easy shopping. Several dine in and fast food restaurants are within 30 seconds to 3 minutes away from the hotel. Just 3 miles west of the hotel is the mega mall known as Cincinnati Mills.

When I walked into the lobby I found it to be very clean and spacious. I especially liked the waterfall wall because it offered serenity. The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating for my request. Within minutes of walking in I was given a room. My parents and I were given room 318, which is a double queen suite with a separate sitting area and sleeper sofa. The décor was updated, but my mother's complaint was that the comforter seemed dingy. I personally was too tired to notice. I can tell you that I slept like a baby in the bed. Regardless of whether the comforter was dingy or not, I was very comfortable in the bed.

Regarding the continental breakfast, I chose to pass on it. When both of my parents came to the room complaining about the breakfast, I made the choice to skip it. I like fresh made breakfast food as opposed to powder like eggs, mix it yourself quick oatmeal etc, The food choices for this hotel's continental breakfast was not appealing to my family. But overall I am extremely glad this hotel was available to accommodate my parents and I on short/no notice.] and at a great price.

I give this hotel a one thumbs up for Location, Price, Friendliness and Basic Cleanliness!!

Signed your Happy Traveling Travel Agent....Beverly

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
I would like to thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel. It is a pleasure you were able to experience an overall pleasant stay here at the Comfort Suites. It's great that you found time to provide those extra detailes for all other travelers. We hope to have another opportunity to provide you with a great stay in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Check-in was quick and efficient. Room was very nice -- non-smoking king suite -- good size. Everything clean and in good repair. Hotel appeared to be fairly new. Bed was comfortable with lots of pillows. Generous supply of towels. Room included a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. Good flat-screen TV. Lots of power outlets for electronics. Good Wifi signal -- reasonably fast and easy to use.

There was significant noise from people (children?) stomping on floor above me until 2:30 AM Sunday morning. Minimal noise from neighboring rooms on each side. Good external sound-proofing -- no noise from freeway or street. Maid honored the "do no disturb" sign -- thanks! Good air-conditioning unit, but it cycled on and off even on the non-automatic "low fan setting" -- I would have preferred that it stayed on -- better for sleep and masking noise.

Excellent breakfast bar. Lots of selections for hot and cold foods. Mini-omelettes, sausage patties, make your own waffles, mini-danishes, yogurt, fruit cups, fresh fruit, hot and cold cerials, selection of coffees and teas. Good presentation and lots of tables and seating.

Good location convenient to I-275. Lots of places nearby for quick meals -- IHOP and Steak-n-Shake across street, McDonalds up the street. Many, many more choices within 5 minute drive.

I witnessed a shooting up the street from the hotel during my stay -- several people sent to hospital. Later reported as 3 local residents involved in road-rage conflict. It had no direct connection to hotel, but left me with the impression that the area is not entirely safe.

Michigan City, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Very fast and easy check-in. We got to our room it was pretty stuffy so we turned the air on 64 and went to eat. After we got back we went down to swim. Very loud with unattended children all over the place. Kids running back and forth from the pool to the jacuzzi not paying attention to other guests or smaller kids. Left the pool area very angry. Got back to the room it was still stuffy. Went down to talk to the front desk and they then informed us the ac was froze up because we turned it down to low when we first turned it on. I have never had this problem at any other hotels I have stayed at. I believe this is something they should tell you during check-in. All rooms booked so no other options either 10% discount or full refund and leave. Not an option to leave after 9pm at night with kids. Had to turn ac off and wait a couple of hours until we turned it back on. Window barely opens so the room was stuffy all night in our 3rd story room. The room finally cooled off after 2:30am. Next morning the breakfast was good and plenty of options. Check -out was fast and easy.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel almost weekly for the past year when I am working out of my Cincinnati office. The hotel is clean, comfortable, and spacious. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. Any minor issues that I have had are addressed and corrected quickly. I would definately recommend this hotel for your personal or business needs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Davis, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My mother (a senior) and I stayed here 3 years ago while visiting family and liked it, so I was confident it would be a good choice again, since we like having an actual sitting area in addition to the 2 beds. But it has aged rapidly.

When we walked in the first room, the air was not on at all. We started it, and the room didn't really cool off. We called the front desk. The young man was friendly enough but seemed a bit clueless. He told us to just give it some time. We put up with it, but after a humid night we asked to change rooms in the morning. We suggested a room on the same floor would be easier. He put us right in the middle of a huge group of middle school kids who were not considerate. If he had told us who they were expecting that evening, we would have moved to another floor.

The AC/heat units are the older models with the controls right on them, and you can't leave the fan on, to drown outside noises and hallway noises. The hotel is right up against a Home Depot, which gets night deliveries. So if you are a light sleeper, I wouldn't stay here. The beds were very hard, also.

The floor maid was a very polite guy who did a great job.

Probably because of the sitting area, the rooms are a little tight with 2 queen beds. I kept into a bed support that was sticking out.

Our biggest complaint is they decided to resurface the main parking lot ON A WEEKEND. There were very few places to park while that was going on. Plus, since some (inconsiderate) people thought it was okay for them to leave their car right in front of the door while they checked in, there was no other way to get into the few spots that were open. The staff did not seem to recognize the problem and ask people to move.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Overall it was good.

Pros: clean, "apartment like", ample parking.

Cons: couldn't understand the front desk clerk, very creaky floors and could hear someone walking above me, air conditioner wouldn't stay on.

• Stayed April 2013
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is a pleasure you were able to experience an overall pleasant stay here at the Comfort Suites in Cincinnati. We certainly take pride in providing every guest with comfortable and clean accommodations. I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered with the front desk clerk and the air conditioning unit. I assure you the maintenance team will take the proper steps in fixing the unit immediately. We hope to have another opportunity to provide you with a great stay in the near future.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The hotel is centrally located and easy to find. It is conveniently located close to various tourist destinations like the aquarium, Taft house and museum complex. The rooms and common areas were very clean. It was difficult to regulate the heat in the room as the wall thermostat was non functional. Staff offered to move us though. The pool was cloudy and you were not able to see the bottom. I wish someone had resolved that situation while we were visiting. Breakfast was good, nothing special. Overall a decent stay for a fair price.

• Stayed April 2013
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We love to hear what we are doing right and constructive comments only help us to improve. I am glad to hear you found the hotel a good value and it would be our pleasure to offer you an even better experience the next time you are in the area.

Been to Comfort Suites Forest Park? Share your experiences!