“Good location, clean rooms!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Cleveland, Ohio
“Good location, clean rooms!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The hotel is centrally located and easy to find. It is conveniently located close to various tourist destinations like the aquarium, Taft house and museum complex. The rooms and common areas were very clean. It was difficult to regulate the heat in the room as the wall thermostat was non functional. Staff offered to move us though. The pool was cloudy and you were not able to see the bottom. I wish someone had resolved that situation while we were visiting. Breakfast was good, nothing special. Overall a decent stay for a fair price.

• Stayed April 2013
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We love to hear what we are doing right and constructive comments only help us to improve. I am glad to hear you found the hotel a good value and it would be our pleasure to offer you an even better experience the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
fairborn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed 3days and 2nights over this past weekend with our 9yr old and our 17mon old!! The motel was nearly booked full (soccer player's). We had a king suite with pull out couch which had a dorm size fridge a microwave.Plenty of room for the toddler to play w his toys. Check in was fast and friendly. The entire hotel was clean and updated and everything was in good working order. The location was surprisenly good. Cincy Mall and Bass Pro plus Meijer and and some really good resturants just about in walking distance. We stayed there because our 9yr old had a soccer tournament. The pool was clean and the whirlpool nice and hot!! Room Price was very acceptable for the wallet to. All around 2 thumbs up! I read some complaints after the fact on the web site but didn't experience anything we didn't like. Oh the motel has 4 floors we were on the 3rd next to the elevator still pretty quite.

Room Tip: Have a family of 4 get the KING SUITE W PULL OUT SOFA, also has fridge and micro.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your review for others to read about the Comfort Suites, Cincinnati. It's great to hear you enjoyed the hotel as well as the area. It means so much to have our guests take time out of their day to let us know what we are doing right, it makes all our effiorts worth it. We hope to see you on your next visit to the area.
Ortonville, Michigan, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night with our two young children. Check-in was extremely fast and the desk person was friendly. The room was large, bright and clean. As non-smokers we appreciated their smoke free facility, so the room smelled fresh. The fixtures and furniture appeared pretty new. Everything worked fine, even the freezer compartment in the refrigerator. WiFi connected instantly and the signal was strong everywhere. The pool was smaller than we expected and dimly lit, but our children still enjoyed themselves. The pool closed at 10pm. The beds and pillows were comfortable. One of the two queen beds was pushed right up against the window and air conditioner, which was odd. So if two people are sleeping in that bed, the person on the window side has to slide down to the foot of the bed to get out, or climb over the other person. The shower had good water pressure and no fluctuations in water temperature, like we've experienced in some hotels. The bath towels were large and plush. The breakfast was good, with eggs, sausage and several other choices. The dining area was very clean, with plenty of seating. They deliver a copy of your receipt under the room door during the night, so there's no need for check-out. We would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2013
Really appreciate your kind words! I'm glad you and your family enjoyed the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Means a lot to my staff to know what they do every day is recognized by our guests! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.
Clinton, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Nice, clean hotel, great location. I stayed one night while visiting a family member in a nearby hospital. Room was neat and tidy and beds comfortable. AC did not work properly and we woke up in the middle of the night several times trying to fix it. Room temp was above 75 most of the night. Stuffy and uncomfortable. I was able to connect to the hotel's modem, easily.. but the signal said "No Internet access". I called the desk and a man said he would check on it. Not sure what he did.. but we had internet in two minutes. Next morning.. same problem.. this time the girl at the desk was more interested in explaining to me that it was "my computer" and not her problem. funny.. they fixed it the night before. It really wasn't a big deal.. but her lack of "caring" about the AC and internet problems has convinced me to STAY AWAY FROM COMFORT SUITES.

Room Tip: make sure AC works before you unpack your suitcase.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
I would like to thank you for your comments as we do appreciate both constructive and positive comments to help us become a better hotel. My apologies that your experience with us was unsatisfactory, we are certainly better than what you encountered. I will take your issues up with those involved, and ensure we are practicing better guest service moving forward. Again, thank you for taking the time to make us better.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Upon check in to the hotel, you will notice a sign advising that no parties are allowed. That should be the tip off that they have a problem with parties in the rooms. So, if you are staying in the hotel to have a party, well have at it. But if you are planning on staying in the hotel to actually SLEEP, umm, go some where else. I was sitting in the lobby, visiting with a local friend, and non stop through the lobby trotted kids with sleeping bags, balloons and presents. From the ages and mix of boys and girls, you could tell they weren't from the same parties. Yes, there appeared to be at least four different parties on Friday, and even more on Saturday. Kids are running through halls, doors are being slammed, the pool is ridiculous, to call it a circus would be a compliment. I said something to the front desk staff, and he laughed and said, although it's a policy, they don't enforce it. Ah, you don't say. That's pretty clear. My room was never cleaned during the day, I even mentioned it to the front desk during the day. It's clear that the rooms staying over one night to have a party are SO TRASHED that they don't have the time to clean up the room of people staying over. When you mention it to the front desk, they clearly don't care. That is equally as irritating as the situation in itself. I travel frequently for work and recreation, and I have never EVER not have my room made up. Even at the busiest hotel at the height of the season, especially after bringing it to the management's attention.
And a small point, but should be mentioned, the breakfast selection is very poor for a Comfort Suites hotel.
Because of the situation of noise and crowd control, I would rate this a terrible value.
I would not be surprised to see management respond with a 'oh, so sorry, if you come back some day we will strive to do better', but honestly, really if you cared you would have cared while I was actually IN the hotel, not after while I am typing on Trip Advisor. Just saying.....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Please allow me to apologize for the negative experience you had during your stay with us. We value each of our guests and it’s never pleasant to be informed that a guest had a negative experience. We sincerely strive to make every stay wonderful and we are deeply sorry that we were unable to fulfill this.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel after having my daughter birthday party at coco key (because they were booked). Hotel staff was very friendly. However when we went to the pool. It was complete kayos! Two other couples were leaving as we came in looking very irritated. Not a very big pool, there were at least 30 kids ranging from 2-16 running around with one parent. In the hot tub and the pool packed in like sardines . We couldn't even hear our selfs talk we had to scream at each other like we were at a concert! So much for a relaxing evening! They were letting people in the back door that were not even guests! And the just kept coming!!! They broke the pool stairs so I had to pull my 7 year old out of the water. They were using the pool safety equipment as toys. We stayed for about 20 mins and we were feed up. My husband went to the front desk and the only solution the man could give us was that the pool closed at 10pm and that we could have it after it closed!! We have 3 small children, they are asleep by 10pm. So needless to say we did not get to use the pool. The room was very comfortable and clean. It did show some wear. Over flow had no cover on it I had to put a washcloth in the hole to given daughter a bath. Hole in the wall, lamp shade was ripped and the curtain was falling off. Also the kids from the pool party running up and Down the halls until after 11pm. The breakfast that they served was nice. Over all I would rate it a 3.5/5 sure do wish they had better pool rules! Someone to check in on the pool!

• Stayed March 2013
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback via Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Comfort Suites in Cincinnati, OH. I was disappointed to read that you had a poor experience when you used the hotel & facilities available here and this is not the usual high standard of guest experience that we offer.
We appreciate the feedback that we receive from our guests & this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer. Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are currently working to make sure this does not happen again.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed here every week from Feb thru Dec 2012. always accommodated me with the same room, breakfast was always ready by 6am, very clean and beds comfortable. The management and there team was very friendly and if I needed anything or had a problem they were right on top of it. I would recommend, and I have, this hotel if your in the area. Hats off to Medina and Ashley. You couldn't ask for two better people.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you very much for reviewing the Comfort Suites. We appreciate your great feedback and were pleased to hear that you enjoyed the rooms and our comfortable beds. I am very happy to hear the staff was friendly, Medina and Ashley will be pleased to hear your appreciation for them.

I want to thank you for the recommendations and we are glad to have you as a returning guest. Consider us your home away from home.

Been to Comfort Suites Forest Park? Share your experiences!