“Very Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Ortonville, Michigan, USA
“Very Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night with our two young children. Check-in was extremely fast and the desk person was friendly. The room was large, bright and clean. As non-smokers we appreciated their smoke free facility, so the room smelled fresh. The fixtures and furniture appeared pretty new. Everything worked fine, even the freezer compartment in the refrigerator. WiFi connected instantly and the signal was strong everywhere. The pool was smaller than we expected and dimly lit, but our children still enjoyed themselves. The pool closed at 10pm. The beds and pillows were comfortable. One of the two queen beds was pushed right up against the window and air conditioner, which was odd. So if two people are sleeping in that bed, the person on the window side has to slide down to the foot of the bed to get out, or climb over the other person. The shower had good water pressure and no fluctuations in water temperature, like we've experienced in some hotels. The bath towels were large and plush. The breakfast was good, with eggs, sausage and several other choices. The dining area was very clean, with plenty of seating. They deliver a copy of your receipt under the room door during the night, so there's no need for check-out. We would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2013
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Really appreciate your kind words! I'm glad you and your family enjoyed the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Means a lot to my staff to know what they do every day is recognized by our guests! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Clinton, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Nice, clean hotel, great location. I stayed one night while visiting a family member in a nearby hospital. Room was neat and tidy and beds comfortable. AC did not work properly and we woke up in the middle of the night several times trying to fix it. Room temp was above 75 most of the night. Stuffy and uncomfortable. I was able to connect to the hotel's modem, easily.. but the signal said "No Internet access". I called the desk and a man said he would check on it. Not sure what he did.. but we had internet in two minutes. Next morning.. same problem.. this time the girl at the desk was more interested in explaining to me that it was "my computer" and not her problem. funny.. they fixed it the night before. It really wasn't a big deal.. but her lack of "caring" about the AC and internet problems has convinced me to STAY AWAY FROM COMFORT SUITES.

Room Tip: make sure AC works before you unpack your suitcase.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
I would like to thank you for your comments as we do appreciate both constructive and positive comments to help us become a better hotel. My apologies that your experience with us was unsatisfactory, we are certainly better than what you encountered. I will take your issues up with those involved, and ensure we are practicing better guest service moving forward. Again, thank you for taking the time to make us better.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Upon check in to the hotel, you will notice a sign advising that no parties are allowed. That should be the tip off that they have a problem with parties in the rooms. So, if you are staying in the hotel to have a party, well have at it. But if you are planning on staying in the hotel to actually SLEEP, umm, go some where else. I was sitting in the lobby, visiting with a local friend, and non stop through the lobby trotted kids with sleeping bags, balloons and presents. From the ages and mix of boys and girls, you could tell they weren't from the same parties. Yes, there appeared to be at least four different parties on Friday, and even more on Saturday. Kids are running through halls, doors are being slammed, the pool is ridiculous, to call it a circus would be a compliment. I said something to the front desk staff, and he laughed and said, although it's a policy, they don't enforce it. Ah, you don't say. That's pretty clear. My room was never cleaned during the day, I even mentioned it to the front desk during the day. It's clear that the rooms staying over one night to have a party are SO TRASHED that they don't have the time to clean up the room of people staying over. When you mention it to the front desk, they clearly don't care. That is equally as irritating as the situation in itself. I travel frequently for work and recreation, and I have never EVER not have my room made up. Even at the busiest hotel at the height of the season, especially after bringing it to the management's attention.
And a small point, but should be mentioned, the breakfast selection is very poor for a Comfort Suites hotel.
Because of the situation of noise and crowd control, I would rate this a terrible value.
I would not be surprised to see management respond with a 'oh, so sorry, if you come back some day we will strive to do better', but honestly, really if you cared you would have cared while I was actually IN the hotel, not after while I am typing on Trip Advisor. Just saying.....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Please allow me to apologize for the negative experience you had during your stay with us. We value each of our guests and it’s never pleasant to be informed that a guest had a negative experience. We sincerely strive to make every stay wonderful and we are deeply sorry that we were unable to fulfill this.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel after having my daughter birthday party at coco key (because they were booked). Hotel staff was very friendly. However when we went to the pool. It was complete kayos! Two other couples were leaving as we came in looking very irritated. Not a very big pool, there were at least 30 kids ranging from 2-16 running around with one parent. In the hot tub and the pool packed in like sardines . We couldn't even hear our selfs talk we had to scream at each other like we were at a concert! So much for a relaxing evening! They were letting people in the back door that were not even guests! And the just kept coming!!! They broke the pool stairs so I had to pull my 7 year old out of the water. They were using the pool safety equipment as toys. We stayed for about 20 mins and we were feed up. My husband went to the front desk and the only solution the man could give us was that the pool closed at 10pm and that we could have it after it closed!! We have 3 small children, they are asleep by 10pm. So needless to say we did not get to use the pool. The room was very comfortable and clean. It did show some wear. Over flow had no cover on it I had to put a washcloth in the hole to given daughter a bath. Hole in the wall, lamp shade was ripped and the curtain was falling off. Also the kids from the pool party running up and Down the halls until after 11pm. The breakfast that they served was nice. Over all I would rate it a 3.5/5 sure do wish they had better pool rules! Someone to check in on the pool!

• Stayed March 2013
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback via Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Comfort Suites in Cincinnati, OH. I was disappointed to read that you had a poor experience when you used the hotel & facilities available here and this is not the usual high standard of guest experience that we offer.
We appreciate the feedback that we receive from our guests & this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer. Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are currently working to make sure this does not happen again.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed here every week from Feb thru Dec 2012. always accommodated me with the same room, breakfast was always ready by 6am, very clean and beds comfortable. The management and there team was very friendly and if I needed anything or had a problem they were right on top of it. I would recommend, and I have, this hotel if your in the area. Hats off to Medina and Ashley. You couldn't ask for two better people.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you very much for reviewing the Comfort Suites. We appreciate your great feedback and were pleased to hear that you enjoyed the rooms and our comfortable beds. I am very happy to hear the staff was friendly, Medina and Ashley will be pleased to hear your appreciation for them.

I want to thank you for the recommendations and we are glad to have you as a returning guest. Consider us your home away from home.
Fishers, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stay at this hotel once per week. Cincinnati is part of my terrority and by far this is the best hotel to stay. It has very clean rooms, and the staff is very friendly. Each Tuesday night they have hot wings from Buffalo Wild Wings in the hotel lobby. There are many resturants to chose from and places to shop near by. I go out of my way just to stay here, I can not say enough good about this hotel!

Room Tip: The upper floor is a bit quieter, but over all all the floors are good.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for a wonderful review. We are glad you like our clean rooms and staff service and appreciate taking time to tell others about us. We look forward to serving you again!
Katy, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 5 weeks in a row for business because it had an agreement with the company that I was there to work for. While the facilities were nice, I had numerous issues that make me suggest people never stay there again. I suggest the Hampton Inn, only several blocks away. I would have switched earlier, but the Hampton is usually booked, while the Comfort in is mostly empty. Now I know why.

My issues

1. Being told by the manager that I was a liar, saying I did not leave a bag over a weekend. I had, and they finally found it after I had to go buy more contact lens supply etc. and go without it for the night. I had to leave my client at lunch to actually go to the hotel before they would look enough to find it. They refused to reimburse me for my purchases.

2. I continued to get large bytes (bedbugs, spider?) most of the weeks that I was there. At one point I had a large, red bump on my forehead that was over an inch wide. I had to explain it to everyone.

3. I had to stay in town one weekend due to bad weather, where I was at the airport until midnight and never got out. I tried to take a nap the next day (Saturday). I had to ask and go down to the front desk to get a "do not disturb sign. What that meant to the Comfort Inn staff was bang on my door with something hard (metal), and when that did not work, try to come in anyway. Luckily, I had the hard lock that would not let them come in, but they did open the room.

4. The people that stay there are not business or professional. While that is very appropriate, It is not what I am looking for. Young children and teenagers is more the norm. I had one week where my neighbor had a dog that barked a lot.

5. The gym, while it has 2 treadmills, 1 stationary bike and 2 "eclipse" machines, was poor. They were all off-brand equipment and had maintenance issues.

6. The breakfast was poor, unless you like cheese-wiz omelets.

However, by far the worst was the management. I dislike being a liar (especially when I am not), and absolutely no remorse when they were wrong. The management and employees at the Hampton Inn are great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
General_Manager_CS, Manager at Comfort Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
We sincerely regret that your stay was less than satisfactory for you and are sorry that you felt as if we implied that you were being untruthful. That was not what we said nor was it ever our intention to make you feel that way.
There was a miscommunication on our part as to where your bag was placed, however we worked vehemently to resolve the issue and contacted you by phone as soon as it was found.
Once you arrived to the hotel on your lunch break to retrieve it we apologized for your inconvenience & offered to reimburse you for any toiletries that you may have purchased. We also tried to offer you extra rewards points to try and convey our deepest apology for the situation. We parted by saying, “If there was anything we could do to make it up to you, please let us know.”
When you called down to the desk on that Saturday for a do not disturb sign, the desk clerk offered to run one up to your room but you declined. You never mentioned anything to us about housekeeping disturbing you or we would have responded immediately.
With that said, we take any notifications of insect bites or any visible pests very seriously. We have a well trained staff to watch for those things and a very professional pest control company that does preventative treatments every month and comes out immediately if any problem would arise. We wish you would have brought this to our attention while you were still here so we could have gotten it resolved.
As far as the fitness center goes, we have just tested out every machine and they are all working properly and efficiently. So again we apologize if our equipment (barely four years old now) did not meet your standards.
“Cheese-wiz” is not a part of our breakfast menu. We offer a complimentary deluxe breakfast with rotating hot items on a daily basis such as ham, scrambled eggs, sausage links or patties and real cheese omelets. We generally get compliments on our breakfast all the time and again are very sorry that you did not enjoy it.
We regret that we have lost you as a valued guest and again sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding that caused you to feel the way you do towards our staff & management.

Been to Comfort Suites Forest Park? Share your experiences!