“Nice place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
dallas
“Nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Traveling with my family and this was a perfect place to stay. The pool is indoors and the breakfast was good too. I would come back here again and again. Thank you to the staff you guys made our stay very enjoyable!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Woodland Hills, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Gee - where do I begin "gushing" about how wonderful this place is???? No joke. Because of a client case, I had to practically "live" at this hotel for gee, I've lost count -- maybe a month or two total over 3-4 trips back and forth to the area.

1. HUGE rooms - try the larger one bedroom with the full sized kitchen -- even for a one-bedroom apartment it would be big.

2. Awesome and helpful front desk staff: These people are the best. They hired a tireless crew of international people who speak English flawlessly. They are courteous, helpful, caring, supportive, the best. I would hire any of them on a moment's notice -- OH, wait - I did! They also helped with extra office supplies on a limited basis when I ran out on some paper.

3. I had an overflow of paperwork and needed help photocopying and organizing documents. I hired three of their front desk crew after hours to help. We pull all nighters, working in the huge lobby breakfast seating area ( which is gorgeous with a glass water fall). Their work was top-notch - after already working a long shift!

4. The rooms - clean, bright, homey. Beds are new and really REALLY comfortable. The kind of beds that if they were "men" (or women) - - well, you'd marry them.

5. Breakfast - wonderful if you are staying a couple nights. After I was there so long, occasionally I ate out,.

6. Coffee, tea and sometimes fruit is out all the time,

7. Pool and jacuzzi warm enough to really use - both are indoors.

8. Location perfect - easy parking right by the carts to wheel in luggage. No struggling with doors - they auto-slide open.

9. On site 24 hour laundry - clean, bright, and safe off the hall but within site of the front desk.

10. Just across from Mc Donald's and Steak and Shake. Walmart walking distance, as well as Red Lobster, Golden Corral and a Chinese Restaurant, and IHOP. A 2 minute drive if you want Skyline Chili - with a drive through.

I'm normally a Hampton fan - but this Comfort Inn - - it is by far the "best of the Choice Hotels" and even beats the top of the Hamptons -- and I travel A LOT!

Room Tip: One bedroom with kitchen -- way cool if you want paperwork spread out space and even a separate dini...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Remembered this hotel from a prior stay. Sign out from says "Now Open" but I believe it had opened some time ago. Major road construction going on the main road in front of hotel. Lobby and room seemed clean but if I had seen the "Bedbugs" concern noted earlier, would have gone to the nearby Hampton. Conveniently located to mall and lots of restaurants (nearby Red Lobster is excellent, btw!!). Would probably have been an ok stay if HVAC system worked with fan providing white noise to block out the real noise!! But, alas, it did not. Kept cycling on and off loudly. Finally called front desk at midnight to complain. No other rooms available and was told to unplug system which I did. There still was a clicking sound that was as irritating as water faucet drip, drip, dripping. Have no idea what it was. Intermittent hum of fridge has me unplugging it, too, as well as covering bright light from microwave. Could her outside noises, too. Not sure if from construction or Home Depot which is directly behind hotel. Noises woke 10 y/o grandson traveling with me :(. Both of us exhausted next morning. Breakfast typical hotel fare. I always wonder how a hotel can have lots of great reviews and then a very poor one. Now I see how. Maybe just our bad luck to get a bad unit. Makes me rethink staying at this chain though.

Room Tip: Make sure heat/air unit in working order!! Otherwise, construction/HomeDepot/room noises could ruin...
themeparkjunkie5
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Newer hotel. Was concerned because of several reports on Bed Bug Registry. Spent 6 nights with no signs of bedbugs nor any bites. Good breakfast, even noticed some bags marked "Grab & Go" at front desk set out before breakfast hours. Wall Street Journal available. Computer off lobby for business use (email, boarding pass), 15-minute limit. A different person working front desk almost daily. Indoor pool & jacuzzi (strong smell of chlorine, actually burnt my eyes just sitting in room). Fitness center with treadmill, bike, elliptical, weights. Beds clean, comfortable, but I don't think the carpets were vacuumed daily. Microwave & mini-fridge. Quiet enough except a couple mornings awaked before 5am by sounds I assume were from Home Depot. Several other hotels, restaurants in area, right off 275. Mall across the street is virtually empty with only 5 stores remaining (Bass Pro Shop, Kohl's, Burlington, and a couple others). View of the Home Depot garden center & parking lot. I felt really bad when my daughter set off the hotel's fire alarm when she burned a bag of microwave popcorn. 4 fire engines and an ambulance showed up even after I called the front desk to report this immediately. 4 days later the fire alarm went off again and as we were evacuating the hotel, an employee said it was a false alarm & someone had burnt some popcorn (not my family). This time 2 fire engines and 3 police cars showed up.The microwaves are placed directly under the smoke detector and are apparently very sensitive. Embarassing and inconvenient.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I booked a room for my boss here for an overnight trip he was taking to attend a meeting. He said that the suite was very comfortable and it was a great deal for the money on such a spacious room and comfortable accomodations. He liked the separate seating area for watching television, so that he could relax some after his drive and do a little prep work for the meeting. Of course, booking a room unseen for my boss was a little scary, but I was so glad that he was pleased with the selection. I appreciate all the reviews here for helping me choose this perfectly located hotel. According to my boss, it was easy to find and conveniently directly off the interstate and happened to be less than 5 minutes from where the meeting was held the next morning. Highly reccomended for an overnight stay and the value can't be beat for what you get.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for our wedding night since it was close to our reception venue. The room was roomy, relaxing, and updated in a aesthetically pleasing, modern style. The bed was super comfortable and allowed us a great night's sleep. There are also a few restaurants within walking distance, which is nice. The staff was very friendly, courteous and helpful. The breakfast the next day, included with the room cost, had a pretty good and tasty selection, including waffles and breakfast meats as well as the standard continental breakfast options. We would definitely stay here again, and would recommend this to others either visiting Cincinnati or just want an in-town R&R excursion.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
North Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Hotel lobby and room were very modern, clean, and roomy. I stayed in a room with 3 other women and we had plenty of room for all of our belongings. There was a very spacious closet and the bathroom was particularly large. It was a nice touch having the separate living area with couch and desk which allowed us a place, besides the beds, to sit and talk. Great location right off 275 close to the mall and many restaurants. Would definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Suites Forest Park? Share your experiences!