“Excellent stay at the kingsgate” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati

You added Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati to your Saves list
Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   151 Goodman Dr, Cincinnati, OH 45219   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Holiday Gift for You
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
adaiello92
“Excellent stay at the kingsgate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the Kingsgate from December 1-5. We had stayed here four years ago and it was wonderful so when we had to come back to children's hospital it was a no brainer to come back to this hotel. I had to have a procedure at children's so therefore I was not so excited for the trip but the Kingsgate staff made every effort to make it as enjoyable as possible. They were beyond helpful and kind and I would absolutely stay here again. Everything was perfect including the shuttle service, the bearcat lounge, room service, and the every single member of the staff. If we ever have to come back to cinicinatti there is no doubt we will stay at the Kingsgate again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The staff at this facility make you feel like a celebrity. The Bear Cat Lounge staff make all feel at home and like family. The service, and food are awesome. The sense of humor of the Bar staff is spot on, and very inviting. If you are in the area this a great place to stay or visit.

• Stayed December 2014
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Spent two nights here and the room was great. Nice spacious king room, comfy beds, nice bathroom, etc.
People very friendly.
You do have to pay for parking and must park under the hotel.
The breakfast was awesome with hot and cold items.
The area isn't the best but felt safe enough walking around to the hospital but you can tell the hotel lives off university business.
would I stay there again?? if i had to.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
susan g, Manager at Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your feedback regarding the hotel. We greatly appreciate it and allows us to create additional opportunities for our customers visiting the area. Our location is north of downtown by about 2 1/2 miles. known as the uptown area, we are on the campus of the University of Cincinnati, voted as one of the top 25 most beautiful campuses by Forbes magazine. This is primarily due to its beautiful green space and architecture seen throughout the campus. In addition, we are 1 1/2 blocks from the amazing Cincinnati Zoo. One of the finest and "greenest" zoos in the nation. By staying at Kingsgate you are able to utilize the campus recreation center, voted number one in the nation among all universities. Equipped with a rock climbing wall, lazy river, olympic size pool and plenty of other areas you will enjoy this part of your stay. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you back here soon.
Landover, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed one night at the Kingsgate Marriott as I was in town for an interview with Cincinnati Children's. The hotel staff were very accommodating throughout my entire stay, starting with my honoring my early check-in request for my stay. Check-in is not typically until 4pm, however my room was ready when I called at 9:45am. When I arrived to the hotel I found it to be very clean and comfortable and nicely appointed. It was snowing when I came in town, and it was pleasant to be welcomed in by a nice warm fireplace in the lobby. The interior design is not GRAND by any means, but it is clean, modern, and inviting.

My room was equally as pleasing…exceptionally clean and comfortable. The room was equipped with a fluffily kingsized bed, a lounge chair and ottoman, a desk, and a flat screen TV. There is also free wi-fi throughout the hotel which was much appreciated. The bathroom was also very clean, and I really liked the Thann brand soap, lotion, and hair products provided. They don't dry your skin out like most hotel soaps. I ordered room service for dinner that night and breakfast the next morning, both of which came very promptly and within the requested time. The food was good, not amazing but good!

When it was time for me to check out the next day at 12pm I was able for request the complimentary shuttle service which took me right to the doors of the main hospital. The front desk was kind enough to hold onto my luggage for me so that I didn't have to walk into my interview carrying a huge duffle bag. They also agreed to come and pick me up from the hospital and bring me back to the hotel afterward, although I had already checked out and they had no obligation to do that whatsoever! (REALLY appreciated that!) I was able to relax in the hotel lobby, and in the Bearcat Lounge while waiting for my shuttle to take me to the airport that evening. There were also computers in the lobby for me to print my boarding passes ahead of time. Very convenient.

Overall I enjoyed my stay very much! Marriott Kingsgate is comfortable, clean, nicely appointed, accommodating, and convenient!

centerville oh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

A typical Marriott, which in my opinion is quality. This hotel would be convenient for anyone who has to deal with the Cincinnati VA, or UC Health or the University of Cincinnati. Some roads leading to and areas around the hotel are a bit shady but it seem pretty safe around the hotel property.

Did not eat there but had a cheese appetizer and a few drinks at the bar. Sports fans take note Cincinnati Bengals stay here for all home games.

Room Tip: always get a room as high as possible...
Green Features: they want you as most reuse towels... and don't change sheets everyday
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

Had a King room, it was very spacious. The bathroom was a nice size and very clean. The hotel staff was very nice and the lobby was clean and updated. No food other than the hotel within walking distance. We didn't try the hotel food, but friends said it was very good. I would stay here again. We needed a hotel near the Cintas Center and this worked very well.

Room Tip: There are only 8 floors to this hotel. Room 812 is a King bed room, it was very nice.
greenville sc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

I chose the Kingsgate because it was the closest Marriott property to the Childrens Hospital. They do offer a Childrens Hospital discount. But for some reason, they do not appear on the list of Hotels you get from the Hospital. This facility really shines as a conference center with conference rooms downstairs and a large ballroom upstairs. The front desk staff were courteous and helpful when needed.

The restaurant and bar have a wide selection of food available. We were there for a week, and besides eating at the hospital, we did not see a reason to venture out for meals in the morning or supper at all. Which turned out to be a good thing, because there is not much available nearby except for a Subway and Zoup. The restaurant has a hot and cold breakfast buffet, as well as, a made to order omlet bar.

The bar has ample inside seating with several TV's. There is also a large outside seating area at the bar which overlooks a grassy area and water fouuntain between some buildings. The restaurrant menu is available through the bar.

In this facility the room sizes seemed to be a little larger than usual. A word to the wise, when we were there, they said the place was full, so we were not able to get a room upgrade. So, if you think you want a larger room, go ahead and reserve it first.

Room Tip: One side overlooks the street and garage parking deck. The other overlooks a large grassy area betwe...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
susan g, General Manager at Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati, responded to this review, November 6, 2014
I just wanted to say thank you for the nice comments and the articulation of services we offer during your stay with us at Kingsgate. In addition to what you mentioned, all of our guests can take advantage of the beautiful $365M recreation center on campus just a few blocks west of the conference center. Facility is ranked #1 in the country among university rec centers and has a lazy river, lap pool, rock climibing wall, free weights, suspended track, squash, racketball and much more. Enjoy more when you stay at Kingsgate in the future.

Been to Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati

Address: 151 Goodman Dr, Cincinnati, OH 45219
Location: United States > Ohio > Cincinnati
#6 Business Hotel in Cincinnati
#10 Family Hotel in Cincinnati
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati 3.5*
Discover unparalleled service and convenience at the Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center, a University of Cincinnati hotel. Centrally located on campus, our hotel showcases modern decor and stylish meeting space to create a unique setting for business or leisure. Delight in our inviting lobby fireplace as you make your way to renovated rooms adorned with 37 in flat-screen TVs and free wireless in all guest rooms. An ideal business location, with 26 meeting rooms and over 20,000 sq. ft. of gathering space highlighted by two cutting-edge amphitheatres. Conference guests can unwind with award-winning dining at Caminetto’s or enjoy drinks on the Bearcat Lounge Patio overlooking the UC campus. Be sure to take advantage of complimentary shuttle access to attractions and area hospitals. With acclaimed service, innovative lodging, and modern meeting space, the Kingsgate Marriott is your conference destination. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Marriott Kingsgate Conference Hotel
Marriott Conference Center Cincinnati
Marriott Cincinnati
Cincinnati Marriott
Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center At The University Of Cincinnati Ohio

If you own or manage Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.