“Great staff and lovely hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati

You added Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati to your Saves list
Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   151 Goodman Dr, Cincinnati, OH 45219   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
Columbus, Ohio
“Great staff and lovely hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My fiancé and I stayed at this hotel for a reds game, and I can't say enough about the property and staff. Everything was clean and tidy, amenities were great! We had a minor issue with our room, as the air conditioner from the room above caused condensation and dripping to our room.

We took this issue to the front desk, and they were so helpful and nice. They wanted to ensure we had a good stay and really made us want to come back, even after our room problem! They took such good care of us.

Bert was so great, really a wonderful member of the Marriott staff!!

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Wheelersburg, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This hotel is nice and new but has a glaring need for an in-house swimming pool and exercise facility. Of course, they nickel and dime you for items at a premium price like $3 bottled water. But, the absolute worst thing is that a hotel right smack dab in the middle of Cincinnati does not have FSN Ohio on its cable package. Inexcusable and pitiful.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
susan g, General Manager at Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing comments regarding your guest experience at the Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center. I appreciate your time and candid feedback as it provides us a valuable teaching moment to improve our level of service. On behalf of the Kingsgate Marriott, I would like to apologize for the less than perfect stay you have experienced at our hotel. When a guest checks into a Marriott hotel, they expect quality accommodations and service.

Please accept my sincerest apologies regarding the your overall guest experience. I can certainly understand how frustrating it must have been to check into our hotel only to discover that we do not have an on-site pool. The Kingsgate Marriott has a valued partnership with the University of Cincinnati Recreation Center, that is rated number one in all of the university and colleges nationwide. In addition, we offer complimentary service to the recreation center to make it as accessible as possible for our guests to enjoy the state of the art facilities. I also apologize that we do not offer the Ohio FSN channel. Our team routinely solicits feedback from our guests and makes updates to personalize our television viewing selections and will keep this in mind for future updates.

We do value your loyalty with Marriott and hope that you will return to the Kingsgate Marriott on a future trip to Cincinnati. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kindest Regards,

Sue Graves
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Once again I'm writing a great review about a Marriott. After this stay I will only stay at a Marriott from now on. I was part of a large group that came in at the last minute because the hotel we had orginaly booked was awful. The hotel staff at the Marriott was professional, friendly and very helpful. They made us all feel at ease after a stressful experience at the other hotel. They went out of their way to make us feel at home. My 2 night stay was great. The rooms are very clean and plenty of space. The conference center was very nice also.

• Stayed June 2014
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Awesome staff All around! Everyone was friendly, helpful and made me feel welcome! Rooms are beautiful, clean and comfy. Restaurant food and service was excellent, Darren out server was very professional , friendly and courteous! Front desk stall on all shifts were eager to assist me, helpful and friendly! Great hotel, great service!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Weirton, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Wow, I'm blown away by the awesome service here. Great staff. Denise loves her ice cream. Darren in the restruant was awesome. Beautiful friendly and attentive. What more could you ask for. Would stay again

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Rowe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

My adult daughter and I were in Cincinnati for medical treatment for her baby. Cincinnati Children's Hospital has a booking service for patients' families with excellent rates at many local hotels. We flew into CVG and didn't want to rent a car. The Kingsgate Marriott was the closest hotel to the hospital where we had back-to-back appointments for two full days. It is within walking distance of all the hospitals in the University campus area.

I was very favorably impressed with this hotel. We had connecting rooms, which worked out extremely well - especially with two bathrooms. Connecting rooms are one King and the other Double Double. There was a small fridge in each of the rooms. The beds were very comfortable, bathroom amenities were very nice, and I appreciated the lamps with charging outlets and nightlight feature. Each room had a desk chair and an easy chair, my daughter's room had a matching ottoman and my room didn't.

We utilized room service for most of our breakfasts and dinners. Surprisingly, the menu prices were the same in the restaurant or room service. A 20% service charge was added to the bill, so we didn't tip. The desk arrangement and chairs in the rooms made in-room dining very pleasant. I really appreciated that all the meals were delivered by female servers, this is important to me as a woman traveler.

I had forgotten to order a crib for the baby. When I called the front desk a brand new pack 'n play mini crib was delivered to the room promptly - with linens. Throughout our stay we found the staff and service to be exemplary. We used the free hotel mini-van shuttle to get back and forth to/from the hospital, the drivers were very accommodating and polite.

My very minor quibbles would include poor bathroom lighting for makeup application, expensive prices in the lobby mini-mart (but not unexpected), and there is a little noise from ambulances racing to the hospitals on Goodman Drive.

Overall, we had an excellent stay and the very professional staff helped alleviate our stress with my medically fragile granddaughter. We will stay at this hotel on several future trips to Cincinnati for baby's medical treatments.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are a little more quiet. There is an interesting fountain at the back of the...
Green Features: Good environmental practices. I especially liked the room waste basket with one side labeled for trash and the other for recycling.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Roanoke
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Have stayed here a few times, overall a very nice hotel. Nice rooms, good restaurant with an interesting pairing of microbrews or wines and food on "thirsty Thursdays". Conference facilities and food are above average. A concierge lounge would really improve this hotel!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business