Conference facilities are very nice, especially if you get one of the amphitheatre rooms with raised tiers, desks with electrical outlets, etc. The hotel package for the company meeting I attended included buffet meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and, although I was unable to take advantage of them, other attendees raved about the food. Morning and afternoon snacks were also provided, as well as an airport shuttle pick-up for incoming trainees. I have no idea what the cost of the package was, but it was excellent.
I had a room on the eighth floor overlooking the fountain (as recommended by TripAdvisors). Pleasant view, quiet floor. My room was nice, albeit pretty typical Marriott. Furnishing and decor overall seem pretty new... not bad at all. Staff is excellent... friendly, helpful, couldn't ask for more. Room service for dinner was above average, although as pricey as it is at any hotel like this. The downside is there are almost no other places to eat within a block or two. I enjoyed walking around and through the University of Cincinnati campus in the early evenings, and there is a Five Guys, a Currito Burrito, a Panero's, a Toppers Pizza, and a DiBella's Subs on Calhoun Street (maybe 3/4 mile uphill). Lots of hills in this area! The zoo is an easy walk downhill about two blocks south, but it closes at 6:00 PM in the summer. There is also a 24 hour CVS pharmacy at Calhoun and Vine, as well as the roughest Kroger's (or any grocery store) I've ever been to in the same general area.
This Marriott has no concierge lounge or floor, but they comp you breakfast at the restaurant if you are entitled to those perks. They also don't have a pool, although the front desk does have an arrangement with the University athletic center for guests to use their pool and facilities. However, that required more effort than I was willing to go to.
I would gladly stay here again. It was a very pleasant 7 nights. Kudos to the front desk staff in particular for being extra pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover unparalleled service and convenience at the Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center, a University of Cincinnati hotel. Centrally located on campus, our hotel showcases modern decor and stylish meeting space to create a unique setting for business or leisure. Delight in our inviting lobby fireplace as you make your way to renovated rooms adorned with 37 in flat-screen TVs and free wireless in all guest rooms. An ideal business location, with 26 meeting rooms and over 20,000 sq. ft. of gathering space highlighted by two cutting-edge amphitheatres. Conference guests can unwind with award-winning dining at Caminetto’s or enjoy drinks on the Bearcat Lounge Patio overlooking the UC campus. Be sure to take advantage of complimentary shuttle access to attractions and area hospitals. With acclaimed service, innovative lodging, and modern meeting space, the Kingsgate Marriott is your conference destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Marriott, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Kingsgate Conference Hotel
- Marriott Conference Center Cincinnati
- Marriott Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Marriott
- Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center At The University Of Cincinnati Ohio