Though this has the Marriott Hotel name, it is not at that level. Location is great for university/ health-related travel, but nothing else, as others have said.
Despite my Platinum reservation of a king room in an apparently uncrowded hotel, I was given 2 queens in a "handicap room":
--The toilet flushed so slooooowly and weakly that it could barely manage a single sheet of TP--I actually had to use the conference room toilets downstairs
--The "view" was of an expansive tar roof
--There was dramatic moaning from machinery on the other side of the bathroom wall
--Handicap bathrooms are often subpar for those who don't need accommodation: in this case, the sink counter was tiny, the outlets were across the room from it, and the shower, since detachable, was very weak
Internet and food were fine. The staff were friendly, but not really on the ball. The Starbucks shown as at the hotel is actually a 10-minute winding walk away, behind the cafeteria on the second floor of the hospital. My boarding passes were printed out across the lobby from the computer, at the front desk, where I discovered that the top portions had been cut off; I had to reprint them on another computer, in another direction--no big deal, but not up to Marriott Hotel-level.
Would NOT stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover unparalleled service and convenience at the Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center, a University of Cincinnati hotel. Centrally located on campus, our hotel showcases modern decor and stylish meeting space to create a unique setting for business or leisure. Delight in our inviting lobby fireplace as you make your way to renovated rooms adorned with 37 in flat-screen TVs and free wireless in all guest rooms. An ideal business location, with 26 meeting rooms and over 20,000 sq. ft. of gathering space highlighted by two cutting-edge amphitheatres. Conference guests can unwind with award-winning dining at Caminetto’s or enjoy drinks on the Bearcat Lounge Patio overlooking the UC campus. Be sure to take advantage of complimentary shuttle access to attractions and area hospitals. With acclaimed service, innovative lodging, and modern meeting space, the Kingsgate Marriott is your conference destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Kingsgate Conference Hotel
- Marriott Conference Center Cincinnati
- Marriott Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Marriott
- Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center At The University Of Cincinnati Ohio