We were in town for a niece's graduation from University of Cincinnati. Our entire family stayed at this location because of its convenience to the university (a block away) and the location of commencement at Fifth Third Arena (about 1/3 of a mile away).
The look of the hotel was "Ikea modern" with light-colored wood throughout. It's definitely a conference center, so very business-like in approach. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. There was a bit of noise between rooms but nothing that really affected us or our sleep. Rooms were comfortable, room temperature was comfortable, beds were comfortable. Double rooms had two full-size beds instead of two queens, which is a minus.
Breakfast was pretty good, although not included. The buffet including omelet / waffle station was around $15 including drink, which is a pretty good deal.
My price (I think we got a group deal) was $169 / night. That seems a bit pricey even so, but could have been because it was commencement weekend. The group of rooms was arranged by someone else. If staying again in the area, I'd also look at the nearby Hampton Inn to compare rates (and get free breakfast).
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Kingsgate Conference Hotel
- Marriott Conference Center Cincinnati
- Marriott Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Marriott
- Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center At The University Of Cincinnati Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover unparalleled service and convenience at the Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center, a University of Cincinnati hotel. Centrally located on campus, our hotel showcases modern decor and stylish meeting space to create a unique setting for business or leisure. Delight in our inviting lobby fireplace as you make your way to renovated rooms adorned with 37 in flat-screen TVs and free wireless in all guest rooms. An ideal business location, with 26 meeting rooms and over 20,000 sq. ft. of gathering space highlighted by two cutting-edge amphitheatres. Conference guests can unwind with award-winning dining at Caminetto’s or enjoy drinks on the Bearcat Lounge Patio overlooking the UC campus. Be sure to take advantage of complimentary shuttle access to attractions and area hospitals. With acclaimed service, innovative lodging, and modern meeting space, the Kingsgate Marriott is your conference destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Marriott, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.