“JUST PLAIN AWFUL!!!! AVOID AT ALL COST!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #43 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
Cincinnati, Ohio
“JUST PLAIN AWFUL!!!! AVOID AT ALL COST!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

My husband and I read the reviews before we reserved our room, so we were fully well aware what type of situation we were walking into. We stayed here because my husband and i relocated from Florida to here because his army contract got transferred to fort Thomas, KY. We saw super 8 as affordable, affordable was right but stay was terrible. First and second night there, really wasn't too bad except for that they obviously seemed to not know what a vacuum is or was, the bathroom was completely filthy and needed and extreme power-washing. Third night there the ac in the unit above us started to leak, it made a huge yellow stain in the ceiling as well as a medium sized lump in the ceiling. After complaining we were able to get a nights rate back in cash after checking out. the last night we were there, two more lumps appeared and one of them was HUGE!!!! The fridge leaked some type of water on our pizza, had to through it away EXTREMELY PISSED. We never went to breakfast, the waffle maker looked disgusting. Pluses about the room was that there was no bedbugs that we saw or felt, the sheets were fairly clean. the room smelled great after the laundry came back. Other than that, hells no! I was disappointed to the point were we moved to Extended Stays behind Super 8, and we love it. Fully equipped kitchen comes with dishes, utensils, pots, microwave, full fridge ( no food though), and toaster. Super 8 motel, we will never stay there again...lesson learned. But my biggest disappointment was the fact that the motel is poorly kept and cleaned. Indians are mostly clean and efficient people, I should know my mother is 3/4 east Indian. But these people put my family's culture to a shame, terrible terrible thing..... :( A.C WAS ALSO OLDER THAN MY CAR!!!! NEEDS TO BE REPLACED!!! LOOKS LIKE IT CAME FROM THE 90'S.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Gordon, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I agree with all of the previous bad reviews. The one good thing was the man at the front desk was very helpful to give us a map of the area and explain where some things were located. We will NOT stay here again!!!

Russiaville, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I rarely review anything! This one deserves all the bad stuff you hear about it! First it wasn't that cheap, but I chose the room. I could've stayed at a flea bag hotel and got the same room for MUCH less. Pool needed cleaned! Carpet was vacuumed but was severly in need of being cleaned or replaced. Air unit worked but smelled horrible. Pillow cases were clean but not the pillows, and they were so thin! We asked for more, and were told there werent any. So we used folded towels instead. Matresses were soft but would've been doable with a support system. There was some kind of wooden box thing on floor; not even close to same size of mattress set. Kept sliding off edge. Sheets were clean, but not fitted just flat. Kept sliding off! Breakfast was ok.
Most times ya get what ya pay for, NOT this time!!

Room Tip: I told kids we would spend more on hotel room next time. I wanted to spend more on this vacation tri...
Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I wanted to surprise my husband with a weekend at King's Island and wanted to stay somewhere affordable. Based on previous reviews, I new it was going to be hit or miss. But I decided to give the Super 8 the benefit of the doubt. Probably the nicest thing I can say about the motel was the proximity to the interstate and the ease of check in/out. Upon arrival, we inspected our room. There was a gaping hole in the bathroom door and the glass plate was missing from the turner in the microwave. The room could have been dusted and vacuumed better. There was also a small crack in the bathtub floor. But the bedding and bathroom appeared to be clean, so we decided to overlook a few maintenance issues. The mattress was soft and lumpy, so restful sleep was unattainable. Breakfast consisted of waffles (that you made yourself), two types of sugary cereals, packaged pastries, orange juice and TERRIBLE coffee. Some protein and/or fruit would have been nice to balance out all the carbs. We went to King's Island for the day and when we returned, exhausted, our key did not work. When my husband went to get a replacement (because they only gave us one key upon check-in), they told him when we went to King's Island, we must have broken the key. Our second (and final) morning, we had to hit the road pretty early, and wanted to grab breakfast at the motel before we left so we wouldn't have to stop for a while. The sign in the lobby said the breakfast was from 6-9, but when they still weren't done setting up by 6:20, we grabbed a couple pastries and went to load our truck. When we were doing a final check before leaving, we looked under the bed to see if any of our things had rolled under it. We found an adult toy left by a former guest (I'm assuming). When we checked out, we told the clerk about all the issues our room had, he just nodded and acted like it was no big deal. I will definitely not stay at this motel again. I understand that these motels are all independently owned/operated, but this place needs to be checked out... Possibly by the Better Business Bureau and a health inspector.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

First impression is decent from the lobby. They have done some updates there. However, walk down the first floor hall that is completely stained with little patches of other types of carpet all over and you will have an idea of how they run their establishment. Our group has three rooms. One of our rooms had a bed with very dirty sheets so they slept in the other bed which seemed fine. Their shower also did not work. The manager told them they just didn't know how to use it. (why wouldn't we know how to use a shower??) The second room seemed clean; however, the sink drained very slow when brushing my teeth. That should have been a clue... We soon found out that there was something wrong with the plumbing, since theshower water woyldnt drain and the oilet water just rose each time it was flushed. We called to have someone fix it and ended up just asking for a plunger. Unfortunately, the gal didn't understand and finally told us she couldn't find one and we'd have to wait till morning. So, she said we could use the public facilities by the front desk. Sorry, but I'm not going to the complete opposite side of the building on another floor in the middle of the night half asleep in an unfamiliar place to go to the bathroom! I asked the manager in the morning who eventually apologized for the person not being able to produce a plunger. Very poor customer service to say the least! We finally got the plunger before we checked out: a man came up to the room, said here you go and left us with a broken plunger. The third room was satisfactorily clean. Breakfast was good with waffle maker, biscuit and gravy, yogurt, etc. Was not worth the 74.99... Or 64.99 that we ended up paying. Ridiculous! We didn't even have a working bathroom!

• Stayed July 2012
Franklin, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

My wife and I got a room for 4 nights. Once in the room it smelled like cat urine, outside our door was cigarett butts and the air unit did not work properly. Our check-in date the temp was 101. The Pool was cloudy and could not see the bottom of pool. Hair and other things floating. Service had no problem charging for 4 nights. I made them give me a better room and checked out the next morning. Its been 8 days now and still no refund. Super 8 corprate told me 5 to 7 days for refund. This Super 8 manager said two weeks. Their Service the whole time was terrible. They had a "So what Attitude" and did not even say sorry for bad room. I wonder if I ever will get my refund back. So Travelers beware of this place and skip staying here if you know whats good for you. I will never use Super 8 Hotels ever again and never use this one in Glensprings Dr. Cincinnati Ohio. The pictures of hotel are very old and place does not look like pictures at all.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hope,Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

this is the worst place we have ever stayed....floor was dirty...toilet seat was broken...trash in nitestand drawers...bathroom had not been cleaned...did not appear to be safe neighborhood....trash was stored under stairs...STUNK....one wash cloth in room.....we stayed the one nite we had already paid for and will never go back!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Cincinnati? Share your experiences!