“disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Cincinnati East to your Saves list
Days Inn Cincinnati East
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   4056 Mt. Carmel - Tobasco Road, Cincinnati, OH 45255   |
Ranked #45 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I typically stay at places like Red Roof Inn, Motel 6, and the like so going into this hotel, I certainly wasn't expecting anything fancy or extravagant but I must say that this hotel is the absolute worst I have ever experienced. From the outside it doesn't look too bad but as soon as you step into the lobby, it goes downhill. There are handwritten signs taped to the wall, a strong smell of smoke, and a general lack of upkeep. The employees were always in scraggly tshirts and not pleasant.

The elevator and exterior hallways look like they haven't been cleaned or maintained since the early 80s. Plus, there are no lights in any of the exterior hallways so when I got back at night, it was so dark and quite disconcerting.

The room was terrible! If I didn't already pre-pay (and know that I would loose all my money), I would've checked out immediately. The list is extensive of what was wrong in the room: holes in the curtains so people could see in, beds that were hard as a rock, chips behind the nightstands, black stains on the underside of the comforter, and a TV that only got 9 channels. The bathroom and vanity area were even worse - built up residue along the floors, a toilet that wouldn't stop running, a bathroom faucet that was wobbly and attached with just one screw, and towels that were more painful than using sandpaper.

Like I said, I typically stay at economical places but this was the pits. I would not at all stay here again and would rather pay double the price to feel clean and safe.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My colleagues and I check into this hotel on a Monday night for work the next morning. Upon checking in we had booked adjoining rooms and weren't given them. (Fine) Going to our rooms, the smell of filth and the dim lot halls and the dirty was a dead give away that this hotel was not cleanly. Going into out rooms I examine for bedbugs(as I always do anywhere we've stayed) did not find!! But I notice the room is just filth... Filth like the place has never seen a cleaning product. It smelled and you can clearly see the dirt and crumbs of previous tenants. My roommate used the rest room and came out saying the toilet was filthy and it was still running. So called front desk, said would be fixed. So we all went out for dinner and had some errands. So coming back to out hotel around 1030p we see a note on our door saying see front desk for room change do to bathroom out of order. Going to front desk and finding out toilet had over flowed and spilled into the sleep area they moved us. During our moving experience we learned that our door hadn't even locked!!! Ugh! So moved into new room... Again.. I inspected for bug. But this room was clearly the same kind of filth.. Lamp shade falling off, rusted, splatters of what looked like rust color on the the walls, dust and crumbs and sticky surfaces and body hair in bath and surfaces. I pulled my duvet down to look at sheet and found specks of black things in my bed with what looked like semen tracks all over the sheets! I felt totally disgusted and seen these hotels in movies, but found one myself! Clearly went straight to front desk and got refund!!! Leaving the place we passed people partying in halls, and outside entrances people were hanging around drinking and smoking. We drove few miles and found a wonderful, immaculate place at the Wingate of Wyndham!! You truly get what you pay for!!! This place is clearly not for anyone who values cleanliness! DEF. A CHEAP HOTEL!!!!

Stayed July 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My bf and u were traveling for his job with my 2 dogs. We struggled to find a pet friendly hotel. We called and had a room saved for here, upon arriving we realized a bar was connecting to the hotel with load music and drinks everywhere. We went to check I and the nite person said there was no room saved for us at all but she had 1 room left but the ac didn't work. We took it anyways cause it was late but it was a mistake. Gross smelling room, wet floods, small towels. No tv remote and of course u could here the bar music. Staff was very unfriendly and seemed to not care about anything. Don't stay here! Ur makes the name days inn look terrible!!!

Stayed July 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Pool closed & it's summer! 70$. 1st room, before being moved, had old potatoes on the floor, crumbs everywhere, stained sheets, little black dots & crumbs on sheets, missing wall pieces in bathroom & reaked of smoke! (Room 214) the 2nd room was better compared. (Room 218) But not the least bit sanitary. Until we realized the toilet was leaking water all over the floor! I stepped in it. Guy at front desk gave me 2 towels & told me to clean it up. Said he'd come up in 10 minutes. Never came!!! Went down & demanded for him to come & give new room. He said if they have 1, of course didn't, & managers were "out of town". I told him I slipped & he said "ok". Non refundable! Refused a refund after saying I'm not gonna stay there. Loud druggies everywhere, kids running around screaming till I left, Loud band playing. Terrible!!!! I have a rash on both my feet, like itchy bumps that burn!! Towels were cheap, dingy & small. I left at like 1230am & stayed at a hotel an hour away. (Holiday inn express for 120$, absolutely amazing hotel!!!)

• Stayed July 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Because I travel frequently, I have a pretty good idea what to expect from different chain hotels. I know not to expect Marriott quality at a Days Inn, but I also know that Days Inn tends to be a decent, budget-friendly place to stay, in most locations. Not so, here!

We stayed 6/28 to 7/1, when my fiance and I drove up for a job interview (for him.) Because it would mean I was just a few hours from my mother (who I hadn't seen in a year) I invited her down as well. I chose to stay here, as opposed to Red Roof Inn just across the street, because I could get Wyndham points. I never even thought to check the reviews. Shame on me! I booked online a few days before check-in, to take advantage of the Wyndham "Stay 3 and save" deal.

When we showed up, my fiance hit up the restroom (which is in the connecting bar/restaurant) while I checked in. Everything went smoothly, and I verified my mother's reservation for the next day. Then, we walked to our room, which was on the backside of the building, with a lovely view of the storage units next door to the motel. Our first surprise was that we had been put in a double room. When we drug everything back up to the front to explain the mix-up, the clerk argued with me about my reservation being for a double, not a King, despite my showing him my reservation confirmation on my phone. After a few minutes of arguing about it, the clerk finally said that they were booked up for the night, but that I could come back in the morning to have my room changed. Thus started our wonderful adventure.

In the double room, the smoke detector was missing, with only bare wires exposed. The towels were stained with what looked like old coffee spills, and the sheets/bedding of course had cigarette burns. The A/C barely coughed out a slightly cool breeze. There was also half of an old McD's quarter pounder box behind the dresser. It would also soon come to our attention that the piping for the sink leaked, as the floor was quite damp by the end of the night (which is probably the cause of the musty funk that permeated the room.) Oh, and woe to you if you stay at this motel on a Friday or Saturday night, for you WILL hear the band, and you WILL hear the bar guests. Every song, every word, every screech from drunk women enjoying themselves a little too much. Hope you don't require much sleep!

The next morning, we popped into the front desk, and they told us that as soon as a king room was cleaned, it would be ours. Since we had running around to do, we asked that our stuff be left in the original room, and we would move it once we got into a new room. This part of the day went smoothly, and at about 2:00 we came back, were given a room, and we moved our stuff. The new room was a complete night-and-day difference to the old room. The old room looked like it had been used to house hobos... the new room looked (and smelled!) as if it had previously been used as guest quarters for the owners. There were still some holes in the sheets, but it was nice overall.

My mother checked in that afternoon, and was placed in the room directly on the opposite side of the wall from our old room. Her floor, as well, was wet - which leads me to believe there is an in-wall leak in the plumbing. Her smoke detector was also missing, though the wires were neatly packed away and not left bare. Her room was somewhat cleaner than our old room, but the damp floor in front of the sink also lead to dampness on the bathroom tile - something that caused both my mother and my fiance to nearly slip and fall.

The rest of our stay was uneventful, though I'll leave you with one last word of advice. If you stay here, do NOT use the stairwell, unless it's a dire emergency. You would be safer jumping from the 3rd floor balcony than using the stairwell. It's very dimly lit, and the laminate on the risers is coming loose, and you will very easily catch your shoes on it as you try to come down. The steps are also uneven from years of wear, so descending is treacherous. We went down the stairs once - I told my fiance they remind me of a stairwell where drug addicts and murderers congregate - and that was more than enough for me.

Altogether, if I have to stay in Cincy again, I'll find another hotel to take my money.

Room Tip: Your best bet for a good room would be to request room 300 (the only room I can say for certain was...