“Only as a last resort” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 50 Hotels in Cincinnati
Mebane, North Carolina
“Only as a last resort”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

After reading the other reviews, I was leery about staying here. Our experience wasn't as bad as some of the others, but it wasn't great either. I only gave it the second star because of the receptionist and the price. If I had small kids, I would avoid the place like the plague.

Pros:
-- Receptionist was friendly and helpful. I was booked into a room with one bed. She upgraded it to a king for no extra charge.
-- The bed and pillow were clean and fresh.
-- It was cheap.

Cons:
-- The whole place is shabby and worn. It's hard to believe it is a Days Inn.
-- One staircase had no lights! How can they stay in operation like that?
-- The desk felt sticky and unclean.
-- As reported by others, there was only hot water. This is just bizarre. Taking a hot shower in August is not fun.
-- We returned from the Reds game about 11:00 to find the parking lot full with bar goers. We had to park in the way back behind the motel. This did not feel safe. To make it worse, the truck we parked next to had a smashed windshield.
-- The bar was very loud and rocking. It was quiet in our room, though. The only exception was when there was one person screaming profanities outside.
-- The AC blew directly on the bed. There was no way to change it without just turning it off. The filter on the front was completely clogged with dust and dirt.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chillicothe, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I am not a difficult person. I saw the location of the hotel and the price and thought "that'll do." I check in and my nonsmoking room reeks of cigarettes. I get over it. I really just wanted a clean bathroom and a bed to sleep in. After spending a very long day at a conference I was excited to finally lay down and get some rest. About an hour into my trying to sleep I start itching, and itching and itching. I figured it was me. By the time I have to get up, I've had little sleep and feel like absolute garbage. I'm already running late so I pack up and head to another long day at the conference. I called the hotel as soon as I got the chance to let them know that I had been bitten by some bugs and that I would appreciate a refund for the second night since I had decided I was NOT staying there again. They say they'll talk to me when I get back. I'm thinking things are going to be ok. The manager wouldn't even talk to me on the phone!!!! Refused! I didn't receive a refund, or an offer to change rooms or an inkling that they gave a crap!!! I would give this place NEGATIVE ratings. I hope they get shut down for the crap service, crap rooms and their crap bugs.

Room Tip: A tip for a good room? Go somewhere else. You're better off sleeping in your car.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Cincinnati East? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Cincinnati East

Address: 4056 Mt. Carmel - Tobasco Road, Cincinnati, OH 45255
Location: United States > Ohio > Cincinnati
Ranked #42 of 50 Hotels in Cincinnati
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Days Inn Cincinnati East 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Wyndham, Orbitz, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Days Inn Cincinnati East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Cincinnati East Hotel Cincinnati
Days Inn Cincinnati East Ohio

If you own or manage Days Inn Cincinnati East, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.