“Would not stay again¡!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Cincinnati East to your Saves list
Days Inn Cincinnati East
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   4056 Mt. Carmel - Tobasco Road, Cincinnati, OH 45255   |
Ranked #45 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
“Would not stay again¡!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Upon arrival seen that it had a bar attached. When we opened the door the room had a really bad odor, the carpet was stained and nasty, the light didnt come on when i flipped the switch had to go to the dresser an turn it on. The face on the phone was missing. the music & noise from the bar keep me awake most of the night. No hairdryer as stated on web site. Had connection to internet. But needed username and password and didnt have it. The bathtub had hair in it and had to be cleaned. Before i could shower then the water pressure was so bad i was forever trying to get the shampoo out. Needs to be updated badly and a owner and manager and housekeepers that will clean that will take care of it. I used to work as a housekeeper for a hotel in my hometown. And these rooms would not have been acceptable.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Charleston, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Needs to be condemned. How this place passes a health inspection, I do not know. The dead bolt lock was broken and the shower was covered in mildew, rust and stains. The tub was absolutely filthy and couldn't have been cleaned a single time in years. I was afraid to let my children take a shower - a bath was out of the question. The electrical outlet for the hair dryer was not attached to anything. I tried to plug in my cell phone charger and the outlet disappeared into the wall. An unidentifiable brown stain was running down one wall, it looked like someone had spat tobacco juice. Our "non-smoking" room reeked of smoke mixed with air freshener and there were cigarette burns on the mattresses. The noise, cursing and music coming from the bar (until 2:30 am) kept us awake. We couldn't find a vacancy at another hotel and if the adults had been travelling without children, we would have been better off sleeping in the car.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Stuart, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

This place should be bull dozed - it is very long in the tooth, dirty and not a very nice place to stay at all.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

I work in an outdated hotel that is under renovation so I am not too picky when it comes to where I stay because I understand that you can't expect the hilton for the price you pay...But this hotel is in dire need of updates and electrical work. My family and I stayed here one night after a long day at King's Island. We reserved 3 rooms on the same reservation and were scattered all over the hotel which is not a big deal. But the condition of the rooms was very poor. There was no coffee maker in one the other two had a horrible smell to them. When I went to plug in my phone charger to one of the outlets it started sparking and scared me really bad so I unplugged the lamp that was also plugged in there in fear it might catch fire. The bed lamps didn't even work and the blow dryer that was suppose to be hung on the wall was laying on the counter. There were places in the wall were holes had been patched but not very well and the plaster was falling off. We had double bed rooms and on one bed in every room it was missing the blanket that is suppose to go in between the sheet and the comforter. And the bar that is attached to the hotel is soo ridiculously loud that my nieces and nephews were crying scared to death that something bad was going to happen to them. My advice is that if you don't wanna be kept up til 4 in the morning by the bar and have little children do not stay here!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stayed here for convenience to places we were going and honestly, it had everything they stated. The desk clerks, all 3 that I dealt with, were wonderful, well mannered and quick to please. I would stay again!

Louisville, Kentucky, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

When we first went into the room it smelled of smoke and mildew. The bathroom was disgusting, it had mold and mildew all over the shower, with a bug light for lighting. The floor was horrible after someone took a shower, it was so slippery and the tile was cracked so when I slipped my toes went into the crack. They gave us one towel for three people for two days. The phone was broken and the window was caving into the room. The lights throughout the room didn't work and the floor was gross. It turned my feet black within mintues. We requested to be moved into a different room and the front desk told us we wouldn't like the other two rooms they had available. We went up and noticed a crack all the way across the window and barely touched it and it feel into the room. Both rooms were horrible and unclean. The bed had one sheet and a horrible thin comforator. The manager told us it wasn't required to have handles in the shower or more then one sheet on the beds. The pools closed at 9 and the staff waited and watched us get out of the pool and just stared at us. The staff was unfriendly and unhelpful even after two of the three people got hurt and they didn't even care. The breakfast was nasty...the cereal (two choices) was stale, the milk was warm, the fruit was old, and there was one table. There was no hot food or edible food. This place should be CLOSED!! It is a health problem waiting to happen. Its unsafe and not worth the money you save, we changed hotels after we noticed all this and moved to the Holiday Inn right down the street which was wonderful!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!! There aren't any rooms that are good!
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

This place needs to be shut down BADLY!!!! Do not waste your money here. The rooms all have outdoor entry with a window next to the door. The window for our room could be pushed in, so we went to the front desk and they gave us a key to another room...that one, as soon as I touched the bottom part of that window the whole thing FELL in. NOT SAFE!!!!!!!!!! On top of that, the bathroom floors become VERY slick after someone takes a shower and it is almost impossible NOT to trip and fall- as well as having no bath mat or floor grips of any sort in the tub so if you actually make any movement within the shower (as I'm pretty sure any human does... you cannot shower without moving a muscle!!) you WILL slip and fall. I did and I jammed my thumb and have a massive bruise on my backside now too. When I told the front desk this so that I could get a pack of ice they couldn't have cared less. The pool was also disgusting and had tons of dead bugs floating around in it. Oh...and the free breakfast?? What a joke!!! The cereal was stale, the milk was warm, and the selection was almost non-existent. Worst hotel I have ever stayed at!!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Cincinnati East? Share your experiences!