“Best burger for me up to now” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 1,747 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
“Best burger for me up to now”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

After a short Time to wait I placed my order and wondered what you could all select to be on the burger. You can see what is gonig on in the kitchen!!!!

“Burger to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

By far, Terry's Turf Club has the best hamburger in Cincinnati, bar none. It's huge, cooked exactly to your specification, juicy, loaded, and delicious. The place is small and very nostalgic, and it can get quite a crowd especially after ball games. You can crack shelled peanuts and leave the shells on the floor like the old La Normandie. Good beer selection. The walls are covered in old neon signs. Parking is lousy. The location is very convenient if you're returning from a flight into Lunken. So if you're willing to get there early or wait in line for a seat, Terry's is well worth it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Milford, Ohio
“Don't Take a Large Group”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Let me start by saying the Food is OUTSTANDING! So, you wonder why I only give it 3 Stars? They really have a hard time accommodating large groups. There were 9 of us last night. I arrived at 6:45 and let them know that the remaining members in my party would arrive around 7:30. At no time in that 45 minute period did they ask me if we would mind being at separate tables. The rest of my party arrived about 7:35ish. As you can conclude, they wanted to seat us at 2 separate tables. That was not acceptable because 1) they never asked if we would separate and 2) we don't see each other often. The goal of this gathering was to be TOGETHER!

We saw two smaller high-top tables near the door where a party of 6 had just vacated. We asked if we could sit there instead and it was like pulling teeth. The older lady finally agreed but said we could only have 8 chairs. So, one member of our party had to stand the entire time. (This persona actually volunteered to stand so that we could be together. Not a big deal, but mentionable nonetheless.)

The service was really good. Frank waited on us and he got everything correct. The burgers are the best in town - there are so many toppings offered that you have a hard time making a decision. The hand-cut fries are also delicious.

It's bit pricy. My burger with Blue Cheese, grilled onions, and mushrooms, fries and 3 Bud Lite bottles cost $28.00. I don’t mind paying that where the service and food are both outstanding. Too bad the seating issue kind of put a black eye on the evening.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ohio
“The more things change, the more they stay the same.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Which , in this case, is s good thing. Terrific burgers, tasty toppings, peanuts galore, and a great selection of beer to wash it all down - all served up by a friendly staff. The host rocks. Great guy. That's what's stayed the same. What was missing is the chalkboard full of topping combinations/suggestions. That was always a great crutch, because how many people really know what goes great with a thick burger and haloumi cheese? The waitress, as nice and efficient as she was, kind of gave me the "anything would go great" answer. So I guessed and the burger was just OK rather than a great blend of flavors.

Visited October 2013
Fairfield, Ohio
“Best burgers in Cincinnati”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Small place but worth the wait inside or outside. Burgers big enough to share. Full bar, nice people. I love all of the old neon signage.

• Visited July 2013