“burger and chili” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Whitehouse, Ohio
“burger and chili”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

best burger place I have ever eaten , this restaurant is in the middle of nowhere , there are so many signs to look at inside and outside , guy fieri was there july 2010 , you can watch him on utube

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
kentucky
“Far from Perfect: Avoid at lunch hour and other peak times.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The giant period signs outside are what attracted us to try this tiny and incredibly cramped and noisy restaurant - and we made the mistake of trying to eat around 12.30pm. After waiting for just ten minutes, we were seated but because there was just two of us, we ended up having to share a high table with barstools intended for 6 people. If this arrangement were in a friendly city, (Chicago, Louisville or even Detroit come to mind) that'd be one thing - but it IS Cincinnati - and even worse - the constipated East side. The three male 30-something diners who were already seated at our table didn't as much as look up from their food or conversation to say "Hello." This cold-shouldered, rude "welcome" made me want to get up and leave right there. Unfortunately, that's all too common on the East side of Cincinnati. Anyway, inside you'll find a dizzying array of really cool neon signs and a small but solid lunch menu. They're known for their burgers which are nearly 3 inches thick and cooked to perfection on an old fashioned grill which is visible from most tables. They come served on paper plates and there are buckets of peanuts on the tables and way too many shells all over the floor. I ordered a pricey Italian style soda with syrup... when I asked for a "to-go" cup to take half of it with me, I was told they don't have any paper or plastic cups, which I found odd, given they serve their food on paper plates and take carry-out orders. i would never go back unless it were during a time when few other diners were there and I didn't have to shout over the din of all the diners - not to mention being forced to share a table with some snooty, ignorant diners.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Crawfordsville, Indiana, United States
“Burgers and Chili make up for cramped limited seating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Just know if you have a party of more than 2, you are probably gonna wait outside for quite some time. It is a very popular place that has very limited seating. We sat a table for two that was pushed against another table for two that had 3 people sitting at it. So recap, table for 4 had 2 seperate parties of 3 and 2 respectively. The food is top notch for Burgers and Chili. Prices are appropriate. Love going there.

Visited June 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Terry's will give your wallet a clubbing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My brother and I tried this place a few months ago and man were we disappointed, especially after hearing how great the place was. Yeah, the ambiance is cool and different but not worth the price of the meal or the wait. The burgers are way too greasy and just overall pretty average. The downer after eating a sub par meal was the price tag, OUCH! For two burgers, two cans of coke and small plate of fries to share the bill was close to $35!!! Also, the place is way too small, having to eat a dripping burger next to a complete stranger is not the way I enjoy to eat. I'd rather be at 5 Guys or Gordo's and for a half of the price!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Ya Gotta Go!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is our 2nd time to Terry's Turf Club. The first was right in the midst of the lunch rush 2 years ago, and we shared a table with two judges and a lawyer. This time was later in the afternoon, at around 2:30 on a Thursday, an ideal time to go. It doesn't seem to matter much, though. Not only were our burgers just as good whether the place was bursting at the seams or not, but the service was just as great whether busy or not. My burger was awesome - I had it with gouda and mango curry sauce, and shared a chili with Hubby. He had a filet with a crab cake. Our little one (11) is more a purist, and had just a burger with American cheese. The meat itself was cooked well and flavorful, and I love that mango curry sauce. We were just driving through and making a quick stop in Cincinnati (my former hometown) on the way home to Chicago, and while there is plenty of good food in Cincy, this is the only place we knew we HAD to stop to eat. By the time we were done, we'd been laughing with Kim about the VW-sized fern Terry was wrestling with out front, were discussing the local issues of the fire department with Terry himself, and felt like old friends. And we don't even live in the state. Imagine how warm a welcome it must be for the regulars. The place is kitchy and cute, decorated with every neon sign I think I've ever seen in my life, plus a bunch that I haven't. The burgers are first rate, and so is the conversation. Really can't ask for better than that. We've eaten at plenty of restaurants in Cincinnati over the years, and there are a few we would make a point to return to, but this was the one and only place that we had to visit with only an afternoon in town.

• Visited May 2013