“Come early if you don't want to wait all day” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Come early if you don't want to wait all day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This place can be crazy busy since it is not that big inside but the burgers are as good as anywhere. nice beer selection, great fries just a nice place.

Visited February 2012

82% Recommend
Elkton, Kentucky
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Food and service was awesome. Would defintely recommend this place. Very small recommend getting there early or pretty significant wait.

Visited December 2012
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Yes, it's that good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Every review stating the wonders of this funky, off the beaten path Cincinnati eatery are correct. My husband and I don't go often but every time we do we vow we'll try something other than a burger next time. We never do.

The burgers are cooked medium if you don't specify. Mine was perfect for me...just shy of medium on the medium-rare side. My husbands was closer to medium to medium-well, which was a bit too done for him. So my only complaint would be a little inconsistent on the "medium" burger. But the flavor is wonderful...nothing fancy, just great, big burger taste. We both had one slice of Swiss and one American cheese. I think I'll skip the American and just get Swiss next time. It didn't add anything special to the burger. My husband got bacon (3 slices for $2.25). He gave it a thumbs up...well cooked (not really crispy) and will order it again. I opted for grilled onions, he got raw but tasted mine. We both agreed grilled is the way to go. The fries were plentiful and very crispy. I hate under-cooked fries...these are not. We also had a side of mayo for the fries...fancy sauce :)

I also order a screw driver (Sunday afternoon) which I have ordered before. It was a fresh and delicious as I remembered. They use fresh squeezed OJ which made it, quite possibly, my favorite cocktail in all of Cincinnati.

Our server was a well informed young man with just the right amount of friendly. The "maitre d" is a delight.

Next time I really want to try the devilled eggs and a crab cake sandwich. That seems like a good Sunday order with the wonderful screw driver. We shall see.

“Huge Burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Visited on a Saturday Night. Arrived around 630 and was told the wait time was half an hour it probably was more like 45 minutes but we were encouraged to stop at the bar grab a beer and a bowl peanuts and wait outside. The time went by quickly and when we were seated there was a table for two adjacent and a couple was seated next to us. Like my friend and myself these folks were first time visitors. The menu features huge burgers some seafood selections and several interesting appetizers. I would recommend the filet mignon chili and the wasabi shrimp. The burgers are huge and depending on what you get on them they can be pretty messy but they have stacks of napkins on the tables. I don't think there's an incandescent bulb in the house, but a great collection of eclectic neon signs provides the lighting. I'd say it seats about fifty. Something that's not on the menu are the U2 (as in two to the pound) black tiger shrimp..
I'm told the shrimp cocktail of 4 runs about 85 dollars. Check in with Jim at the door and he will set you up with a good table.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Amazing burger!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Definitely try this local favorite for delicious burgers and fries. Always crowded, so plan to wait for at least an hour during peak times. Vibrant atmosphere, and interesting people!

Parents - not very kid-friendly due to the wait time

• Visited August 2012