“Nice Room; Front Desk Clerks Need Some More Training” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Cincinnati

You added The Westin Cincinnati to your Saves list
The Westin Cincinnati
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 East 5th Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Columbia, SC
“Nice Room; Front Desk Clerks Need Some More Training”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

I stayed here for Business Travel for 3 nights. Upon check in, a front desk clerk with a heavy foreign accent said that I had been upgraded from a Luxury Room to an Executive Level Suite but at 4 p.m. the room was still not ready. So when I asked her, when it would be ready, she said she did not know but she would try and accommodate me, and she put me back in my regular room...so I don't know what happened to my upgrade?? Also since I had requested some special amenities in my first room (e.g. extra pillows, some sodas, and ice) when I made the reservation, they were not in the room at all. Lord knows where they went. So I called room service and they brought those items to me and no charge which I thought was nice.

The room was nice though -- it was large. Had a small sitting area in the room itself and the Westin Luxury bed which was very comfortable, a large desk, a small bar, and around the corner, the bathroom and entry/exit door.

The view of the ice skating rink in the city plaza below was nice and there were two big windows.

The first night I asked for turn down service and it came at the time I was out of the room. The second night I asked for turn down service and the young man at the desk looked at me like I was from Mars. He said what do you want to be turned down for? I tried to explain to him what turn-down service was and it was standard at Westin Hotels, especially for Starwood Level Guests and he looked dumbfounded. So I asked for a manager who came out and explained it to him. He said "well I've only been in the hotel business about 6 weeks and no one has ever asked for that." So, after dinner, about 3 hours later, there was no turn down service. So I called housekeeping and a nice lady came and did the turn down service.

The housekeepers were all very nice and did an excellent job.

The lobby bar, albeit small, was very nice, open only in the evening, and the bartender was very cordial, friendly and went out of his way to make conversation with you and be hospitable. The bellmen were also very friendly and would do anything to help you.

For a Westin, this hotel was very nice. The inside connectors to other hotels and restaurants were convenient.

There isn't a whole lot to do in downtown Cincinnati. But it was very nice for a 2 day trip. If you have time, try the "out of this world" restaurant (Palms) in the Hilton lobby. Pricey, but well worth it.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

I booked this one using United Airlines miles and was the first time i have stayed in a Westin Hotel. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice place and the staff are fine - it's just one of these big city hotels that seems to cater to large conventions, and I found it rather institutional. The room was certainly fine, but a bit austere in its decor.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

Great room, great staff, perfect location, great view of the fountain, good food, comfortable beds, all of the amenities needed!! Definitely will stay there again while in Cincinnati!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Sadieville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

While visiting the Westin Cincinnati for our anniversary, we were treated as if we were royalty. The check in was smooth and quick but very personable. The staff was very knowledgeable and was able to answer all our questions. Since we were celebrating our anniversary they treated us with cake, ice cream, and truffles delivered to our room. The view from our window was spectacular. The ice skating rink was open and all the lights were beautiful. The room itself was large and plush. It was very well decorated.
We loved the area because there was so much to do and see within walking distance . They have several shops and restaurants inside the hotel and the seafood restaurant had wonderful food and service.
We have already made our reservations for our next stay.

Amityville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

I stay here for business trips at least twice a year. My coworkers and I prefer the Westin to most any other hotel in Cincinnati. The rooms are modern and the beds...are awesome! The fitness center is better than most hotels. The front desk attendants are friendly and helpful. The bartender in the main lobby area is friendly without being pushy. Room service attendants are professional and friendly as well. I've splurged a few times and have ordered room service. The food is higher priced but it's so worth it! If you get a chance, grab some of their delicious cookies in the lobby...delicious! The hotel overall, is a class act.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

My boyfriend and I stay in the Westin every December. It's a great hotel right in the middle of the city. We are 21 and 22 years old and usually people treat us differently because we are younger, but that wasn't the case here. We were treated with respect by everyone in the hotel. The beds were awesome! Extremely comfortable! The showers are HUGE and so relaxing! When we left the hotel we both said how much we would love to live there. The location, the design, and especially the hospitality made our stay awesome! I would recommend the Westin Cincinnati to anyone!

Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

Once again I had the chance to stay at the Westin in Donwtown Cincinnati, and once again the staff and hotel did not disappoint me in my stay. The rooms are great, most overlook Fountain Square, and as always the staff went above and beyond what I expected to make my stay truly enjoyable. I would highly recommend this hotal to anyone....

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Westin Cincinnati? Share your experiences!