I stayed here for Business Travel for 3 nights. Upon check in, a front desk clerk with a heavy foreign accent said that I had been upgraded from a Luxury Room to an Executive Level Suite but at 4 p.m. the room was still not ready. So when I asked her, when it would be ready, she said she did not know but she would try and accommodate me, and she put me back in my regular room...so I don't know what happened to my upgrade?? Also since I had requested some special amenities in my first room (e.g. extra pillows, some sodas, and ice) when I made the reservation, they were not in the room at all. Lord knows where they went. So I called room service and they brought those items to me and no charge which I thought was nice.
The room was nice though -- it was large. Had a small sitting area in the room itself and the Westin Luxury bed which was very comfortable, a large desk, a small bar, and around the corner, the bathroom and entry/exit door.
The view of the ice skating rink in the city plaza below was nice and there were two big windows.
The first night I asked for turn down service and it came at the time I was out of the room. The second night I asked for turn down service and the young man at the desk looked at me like I was from Mars. He said what do you want to be turned down for? I tried to explain to him what turn-down service was and it was standard at Westin Hotels, especially for Starwood Level Guests and he looked dumbfounded. So I asked for a manager who came out and explained it to him. He said "well I've only been in the hotel business about 6 weeks and no one has ever asked for that." So, after dinner, about 3 hours later, there was no turn down service. So I called housekeeping and a nice lady came and did the turn down service.
The housekeepers were all very nice and did an excellent job.
The lobby bar, albeit small, was very nice, open only in the evening, and the bartender was very cordial, friendly and went out of his way to make conversation with you and be hospitable. The bellmen were also very friendly and would do anything to help you.
For a Westin, this hotel was very nice. The inside connectors to other hotels and restaurants were convenient.
There isn't a whole lot to do in downtown Cincinnati. But it was very nice for a 2 day trip. If you have time, try the "out of this world" restaurant (Palms) in the Hilton lobby. Pricey, but well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking historic Fountain Square and located in the heart of downtown Cincinnati, Ohio, The Westin Cincinnati is the perfect destination for both leisure and business travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Starwood, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Cincinnati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Cincinnati Hotel Cincinnati
- Westin Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Westin
- The Westin Cincinnati Ohio