“More than I hoped for!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Cincinnati

Save Saved
You added The Westin Cincinnati to your Saves list
The Westin Cincinnati
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 East 5th Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Cincinnati, Ohio
“More than I hoped for!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

My stay at the Westin was extremely comfortable and refresing. My trip was very stressful from a work stand point, but the Hotel and staff did an excellent job of providing an environment of relaxation giving me the chance to recharge for the next day. The staff: valet, desk, and room service were all pleasant and efficient. I found all services requested to be as "advertised". The downtown location is convenient to many nice resturants and an easy walk to the ballparks. This IS the place to stay in Cincinnati.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
bakert80
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with a group of about 20 guys. Hotel was very clean, service at the front desk was very pleasant. Arrived at the hotel about 5:30 PM on Saturday, there was no line. I actually had to go back to me car to get my work ID as proof for a room discount and walked right back up to the counter with no problem. It took about 10 minutes to get to the garage to my car, which brings me to my first negative. The garage is underground so you have to walk through a city center, then down an elevator to get to your car. But, I wouldn't not stay at this hotel again because of that. The room was very clean, very spacious, and I absolutely love Westin's double shower heads. Pool was nice, on the 17th floor has a tremendous view. Overall it was a nice stay, a little pricey but worth it due to the location and upscale service. The only other two negatives in my opinion were with the temperature control in my room. I was on a high floor so that might have been the problem but it was very hard to cool the room off. Also, at check in we were told it would be a couple hours until our room was clean. Luckily we had two other rooms we could hang out in and change clothes in. It was not bothersome to us, but I can see how a family with children would be disappointed in having to wait for a room. I would recommend this hotel for business or pleasure travel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

Long lines everywhere -- Friday at 6 pm and the check in line is a block long and only 2 people working the desk. My kids were put in a room 11 floors from me when I requested the room at least be on same floor if they couldn't do next door. We overlooked Fountain Square and the music lasted until late at night. If noise bothers you request a room on the quiet side and get there early to check in. The restaurant is like a cafeteria with pre-made food that is heated up. You wait in line there too. Price of rooms wasn't bad and location is great. Park in the public parking garage for $3.00 a day. I was told by a lady with some kids the hotel was not child friendly. I thought the beds were comfortable. So, with some reservations, I am recommending this hotel to couples in town for fun and nightlife.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

My wife and I have stayed at many Westins - Maui multiple times (resort and villas), Boston, San Francisco, etc. and Cincinnati now for a second time.

Being a holiday weekend (Memorial Day) and special event in the city (Taste of Cincinnati) - we were unsure if quality would be subpar or should expect parking issues. It was quickly clear that neither were going to be an issue - our special room requests were accommodated above expectations, parking was great (and at a weekend rate of only $3 per day despite the event and therefore the cheapest in the area).

Rooms are spacious, clean, and modern. While we never saw room service in person, it was clear they came and went each day given it our room was spotless upon arrival as well as straightened up to great condition, complimentary bottles of water, and fresh tools upon our return each evening. The in room mini fridge kept our snacks perfectly cold. While we didn't end up having time to make use of the pool, I strolled up one day to the top floor to see if the pool matched the pictures on the Starwood website and it was pretty close (nothing a re-application of teak oil couldn't address).

I ordered roses from Oberer's Flowers in advance and were already in our room upon check-in so the surprise worked out as intended.

And of course, the standard White Tea bathroom products and lobby aroma were present.

It was a holiday weekend, so cannot comment if there are any differences during a standard business week - tough I would have to suspect not too much. While Westins clearly vary from another depending on market (resort/spa locations versus downtown hotels), a Westin itself tends to be consistent.

I wouldn't hesitate to go back next time in the area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

My family and I stayed at the Westin downtown Cincinnati for 1 night in May 2010 for a wedding. Since the room was reserved for the wedding we got a great price, $89/night. The hotel is located downtown near all the attractions. There are plenty of restaurants, stores, etc. within walking distance. The various sports facilities are just a few blocks away.

We arrived mid afternoon to find a back log of cars waiting to pull in, let guests and luggage off, and get valet parking. We sat in traffic for a few minutes as it appeared the valet staff was short on personnel. We finally got our turn and pulled in and were greeted quickly. Our bags were carried off and we were given a claim ticket.

We made our way upstairs to the second floor via the escalator, only to find another line to wait in at the check-in desk. The front desk check-in appeared to be under staffed also and had a line waiting to check in. They did have free cookies and punch which our kids gladly accepted. When we did make it to the front desk they did give us an over-sized work-out room which gave more room for the kids.

We made our way to the room to find a very large room which was great for the kids. The room came complete with a tread mill and yoga kit. We did not have any time to use these items but would have if staying more days.

We waited around 20 minutes and no luggage. I called once and they said it was on the way. I waited about another 10 minutes only to call again to be told it was on the cart being dropped off. Needless to say it took about a half hour or more to get our luggage. The bell hop said no one had written our room number on the luggage so he did not know where to take it.

We quickly got dressed and headed to the wedding/reception. It was only later we found the room had a pull out sofa, but no extra plankets and sheets. We had to call the front desk for them. I would have thought these would have already been in the room.

The elevators seemed really slow. I don't know if this was typical or because they were busy as it seemed like there were a lot of weddings in town.

The room was also missing an empty fridge. It did have the honor bar/fridge, but we would have liked another to put items in. Seemed like this was lacking.

The next morning we had to leave early so we called for our car and carried our luggage down. We did not want to wait for someone to come up and help with the luggage. We checked out and got to the garage about 20 minutes later. There was no car to be seen. We waited another 10 minutes and finally some worker came up and asked if someone was getting our car. I stated we called for it over a half hour ago. He apologized and went and retrieved the car. I don't know what happened to my call for the car.

Over all we were disappointed in the Westin. The staff seemed overwhelmed and very busy. The wait for various areas seemed excessive. As Hilton members we only stayed at the Westin for the wedding. We would probably not go back as there is a Hilton just a few blocks away. The room was nice, but there were too many other negatives.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

Great hotel and service. If I can’t get into the Westin when traveling to Cincinnati, I will change my dates to a time when they have a room - will not stay anywhere else anymore. I have stayed at this hotel over 100 nights in the last 2 years and have not once had a bad experience. Even if there is a little glitch here and there (things happen) they attend to it promptly. The people working at the Westin seem to love their job and make you feel like you are special....

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Fishers, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

I recently had a one night stay at the Westin Cincinnati for the Pigs Fly Marathon. I chose Westin for their Heavenly Bed, a bed I like so much I purchased one for my home in 2006. The hotel is immaculate, trendy, peaceful and respectful. The service was on par with the best. And here is the key...I had just 5 hours to sleep before the marathon and felt like I had slept my normal 8! Want a bonus? Try the restaurant in the atrium called Ingredients. I was just going to pick up a snack for the way home to Indy but changed my mind when I witnessed the making of a very appetizing cuban sandwich....I ordered a turkey pininni...DELICIOUS!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Been to The Westin Cincinnati? Share your experiences!