“My favored hotel when on a business trip to the city” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Cincinnati

Save Saved
You added The Westin Cincinnati to your Saves list
The Westin Cincinnati
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 East 5th Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #14 of 48 hotels in Cincinnati
Makati, Philippines
“My favored hotel when on a business trip to the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Pros:
- I love the beds, I always snuggle into their heavenly embrace. I also really like the fragrance of the toiletries they offer in the bathroom.
- If I get a room facing the Fountain Square side, the view is much better than facing the other way.
- Location, location, location: because of this, its easy to either just go for a walk to relax or explore the downtown area, or have a good meal. Currently, there is a Fedex/office supplies store on the first floor, and "Ingredients" if I get hungry and am on the run (though I haven't tried it). Its also within walking distance to the office, and I usually like to walk around instead of taking a cab.
- I also am a member of Starwood, so the points also count if I stay at this hotel
- Internet is fast and good for 3 devices, but its not free..you will have to pay for it unless there is an arrangement with a company that it will be waived

Cons:
- layout may be confusing to a first timer...you have to get up the escalator to go to the reception area to check-in
- elevator is tucked in a corner, so if you are huffing and puffing with your luggages, you probably need somebody else's help
- last time I stayed, unfortunately due to their being full, they said they could not accommodate my staying for 1 day out of the 8 days I stayed...which is weird, because for another officemate, they were able to find a way for her to stay on that day, but not on a Saturday, but they did find a way later...

Room Tip: Ask for Fountain Square side room, and usually you will get a good sleep unless there is some public...

664 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I recently stayed at The Westin because the Hilton which my husband and I normally stay for business was booked, during this trip I took ill and was in so much pain that I laid in the bed all day. The housekeeper Denise I believe her name is unaware I was in the room at her time of cleaning apologize for not knowing I was there, I simply said "I'm not feeling well" she clean the room and hope me well. To my amazing surprise less then 15 mins later I had a knock on my door with tea and cookies beautifully place on a tray complimentary of the hotel.
Its with tears that I write this because it was such a pleasure and a surprise to know that it's not just about business and that the Westin truly practice what they preach about taking care of their guest. Just the mention that I was not feeling well this housekeeper who I know consider a friend made sure I was attended to.. we some times fuss about the little things but isn't nice to know that at the Westin its never little when it comes to their guest being happy... The manager was great and i'm so thankful I was on the floor with Denise... You got it right this time Westin and since my husband and I have to be in Cincinnati every week on business you will always have my business.. thank you again for a memorable stay

Evansville, In
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed at the Westin for one night for a core experience trip for students. Prior to the trip the hotel staff provided excellent service in making hotel arrangements, and suggested activities for the students while in town. The hotel website is a great strength for the hotel in providing pictures and list of things to do close to the hotel. The location of the hotel was great in relation to the areas we planned to visit in the city. Upon arrival, check in was smooth, no errors in requests that were made prior to arrival. Students and Teachers enjoyed their stay. The rooms were clean and everyone had a great sleep. The breakfast provided a variety of options which worked well considering we had roughly 43 students and staff. Breakfast was awesome. The hotel staff provided excellent customer service and answered any question asked and provided assistance as needed. I would recommend this hotel to any group traveling to this area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Again, I preface my reviews with "I LIKE LUXURY" and for 250.00 a night I sort of expect it. This hotel was o.k. We stayed on a Sunday night to which the bar was not open... at all... we were visiting Cincinnati for a concert at the Casino so we were hoping to have a couple drinks and appetizers close by. What we were offered was McCormick and Schmicks which is connect however was also not open around 3 or 4 p.m. The room was spacious and clean.. carpet appeared new and not stained. Upon arrival we asked if the hotel was booked because we were interested in the corner room (my sister had stayed there a couple weeks before) with a larger seating area was available to which the person at the front desk really just looked at us and never answered the question, so we just let it go because we didn't want to appear needy.
Valet very courteous, even though we had to walk out to the street for the cab he hailed for us. Overall would I stay again? Not for 250.00 on a Sunday night with no view.

Room Tip: If you dare and want double beds there is a room on a corner that has a bigger seating area. We had...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Piqua, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had a very nice stay at this Westin Hotel. We arrived a couple hours early and our room was ready. We choose a fountain view room,our room was on the 8th floor. If you are planning on staying out late this room is a good choice. However noise level is a little loud if you prefer to rest early. We were in town to attend Lewis Black concert at the Taft Theatre. The Westin is a short walk from this venue. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Valet parking cost was 28 dollars and the staff was on their game considering it was a Saturday night. Room was large and clean. I would recommend this hotel for your stay in Cincinnati.

Room Tip: Avoid fountain view if you prefer a more quiet stay.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed at the Westin for two nights for a medical conference that I was attending. The location was easy to find. Valet parking was a bit pricey but the garage was full so I didn't have much of a choice. Breakfast was good both mornings. There is a restaurant in the lobby called Ingredients that has a lot of great choices and not too expensive. I did not like the fact that the WiFi is not free for guests. Other than that everything was nice. Elevators take a room key to get to guest floors so you don't have random people wandering around the hotel hallways. Good location right across the street from Fountain Square and some nearby decent restaurants. I would recommend this hotel to anyone on business or just visiting Cincinnati.

Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were pleased with our stay. The price $179 plus taxes ($209) plus parking seemed high but most hotels were sold out. We were able to check in early (Starwood member) and got on the preferred hotel (Saw the Pirates who satyed on our floor). Service was good and the rooms were clean. Nice shower and bath. Valet parking is $28 or if you park under the hotel (public) it is $15 per day. We actually prefer the Residence Inn but it was sold out. Went to a Reds game and Hall of Fame. Right across from Fountain Square. About a $6 cab ride to Casino and other popular areas you can walk.

Room Tip: Starwood member floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Westin Cincinnati? Share your experiences!