“Very convenient location, be conscious of your room location on weekends” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Cincinnati

Save Saved
You added The Westin Cincinnati to your Saves list
The Westin Cincinnati
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 East 5th Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #12 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
Virginia
“Very convenient location, be conscious of your room location on weekends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

First: If you want to sleep before midnight on the weekends, DON'T get a room that faces Fountain Square!! In the summer, the have concerts and entertainment that's very loud.

Overall, our stay here was great. We only stayed one night for a wedding, but everything was clean and we got the adjoining rooms we requested. Self parking is easy, and much cheaper than valet.

Room Tip: For a quiet room, don't stay on the side that overlooks Fountain Square
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

655 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We got a nice starwood platinum suite upgrade at this hotel for our one night stay, but the murphy bed in the parlor suite was rather uncomfortable. Huge gap between door and floor, and we were awaken at 530 am due to door slamming from the hallway. Room was kind of old-looking, especially the bathroom needed an update. Spent 30 minutes on the phone with a hotel technician trying to get the internet in the room to work. Self-parking was full when we arrived at 2 pm, so we were forced to use the expensive valet. No hotel restaurant to eat breakfast, the only choice seemed to be the hectic and spartan cafeteria on the ground floor. Friendly check-in and good location, but I will check for other options the next time I am in the area.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Staid here for four nights and had a great time. The hotel is very modern, clean and seems to be run well. I did not have a lot of interaction with the staff but what I did have was pleasant. The location of the hotel can not be beat! Everything is within walking distance of the hotel. They have the best fitness center I have seen in a hotel and the pool area is very nice (indoor). I would highly recommend this hotel regardless of if you are on travel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed August 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Lets start with , I love Cincinnati. There is such a special feeling of downtown, fountain square. We typically stay at the Westin. Its clean , and excellent location. Parking isn't difficult either. I'm not a big fan of valet parking and here it's an option to valet or use garage. We usually park in the garage directly under the hotel. It's costly ,but that's parking in Cincinnati. Rooms are a good size. Beds comfy! we actually bought1 of their dream mattresses.

We have stayed on both sides of the hotel. We've had fountain square & the stadium view. If it is a romantic night I suggest fountain square view.
Now ...if your a Bengals fan then by all means the other side of the hotel would be your choice. It is a view of The river & Paul brown stadium . This view was cool for our kiddos. ESP my boy that loves the Bengals. They enjoyed watching the barges sailing down river as well. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
District Heights, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the location, just across the street from Fountain Square. You will be in the heart of all the action, Nice room but the housekeeping needs improvement. Parking is very expensive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I absolutely love this hotel. I used to live in Cincinnati so I still have many friends there. Some are even nice enough to invite me to stay for free when I return to town, but I'd still rather spend the money and stay at the Westin. For most, traveling is about getting out and seeing/doing things, but I include the hotel experience as part of the overall travel experience. And that's why I love my trips to Cincinnati because the rooms at the Westin are outstanding. I feel like a celebrity because of the luxurious amenities, and I always get a view of Fountain Square, the heart of downtown Cincinnati just across the street from the Westin. I always recommend this hotel to friends visiting the Queen City!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Fountain Square.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My family traveled to Cincinnati to see a baseball game, and the Westin was a great hotel choice. It's an easy walk to the stadium, and is near lots of dining and shopping. Best of all, the visiting baseball team stayed at the same hotel which was a huge bonus. There were tons of fans roaming around the hotel, looking for the players, but it was all families looking to have fun. Even the security personnel were friendly. The room was clean, and a good size for our group of 4. A really nice touch were the free cookies in the lobby. Unfortunately, it took the hotel staff longer than usual for our room to become available (I'm a member of the hotel loyalty program so this was very unusual), and no explanation for the delay was offered. In addition, the pool seemed to have way too many chemicals in it or something (we were in it a mere 5 minutes, and our eyes became irritated and red). Despite these minor hiccups, I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Westin Cincinnati? Share your experiences!