“Centrally located, great for seeing the city” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Cincinnati

You added The Westin Cincinnati to your Saves list
The Westin Cincinnati
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 East 5th Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
“Centrally located, great for seeing the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Westin Cincinnati a few weeks ago, on a househunting trip in town (we are moving and had previously never been to the city). I booked due the great rate, but it turned out to be the perfect location.

We were placed on the SPG floor (I have about 2 SPG points total, so you don't have to be an upper echelon member to get this floor) and had a beautiful room overlooking Fountain Square. We could lie in bed and watch the Reds from the massive TV screen outside our room, and checked out Graeter’s, which I think singlehandedly lowered my anxiety about moving to a new city, and loved the feel for the city.

The hotel itself is very clean and quiet, especially considering the surround hustle and bustle that is found in the lobby (which is sort of an atrium that it shares with other businesses nearby, such as US Bank, FedEx Kinko's, and Dunkin Donuts). The locaiton is second to none. We walked everywhere! So many hotels and shops were just a block away, which made every meal a new adventure.

Also, I almost never work out in hotels because I can’t stand their fitness centers, but my husband and I were compelled to check out the Westin's and found it wonderful! The chilled towels and top of the line treadmills really made all the difference. There's also a great indoor pool. It was a Ritz-Carlton workout experience at a Westin rate.

This hotel would be my #1 pick for business travelers, sports fans just looking to stay somewhere close, and even families who want to stay downtown. If you're looking for a boutique, quaint hotel, this isn't it (it's a large skyscraper), but for a basic trip to the city, it serves its purpose very well.

Room Tip: Join SPG upon check-in for free, if you aren't already a member. You'll be placed on the SPG...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I spent a Saturday night in Cincinnati, and thanks to a nice AAA rate I was able to stay at the Westin. The hotel is right downtown, with easy access to most everything. The valet parking was easy and the valet noticed that we had left a cell phone in the car and had it at the podium when I came back later to get it.

Like the last urban Westin that I experienced, this one has the lobby on the second floor. Check-in was easy. There's a nice cafe on the first floor, which is not the lobby, but it closes on Saturday at 4, as do many downtown cafe type places. That, my friends, will tell you all you need to know about downtown Cincinnati, and it left us having to walk two blocks (the horror!) to get a snack. There's a Panera Bread and a Starbucks that remain open even after 4.

We had connecting rooms on a high floor, overlooking Fountain Square. The room was large and bright during the day, with a reasonable amount of lighting for night. The room contained the usual flatscreen TV. The desk has a little popup power strip, which had only 2 outlets. This would not have been any sort of issue except that there weren't any other outlets readily available, and if you wanted to use the coffeemaker you needed to use the power strip for that as well.

The coffeemaker by the way, made good, strong Starbucks coffee and the real half-and-half was a nice touch. As a low level Starwood Preferred Guest member, we did get free bottles of water, though not free wifi. The wifi was $9.95 and we did not purchase it. It's free in the lobby and even on the first floor, which is not the lobby.

The room featured an actual refrigerator, which I liked and used. There was no bottle opener in the room, but they brought one up quickly with a phone call The bathroom is small and functional. The water pressure in the shower was adequate for me, but I don't have much hair. It would have taken my daughter a half hour to wash her hair. I think there was a safe in the closet, but we didn't use it.

There's a fitness center and lap pool on the top floor. The fitness center has a few treadmills, ellipticals and bikes, plus free weights and physio balls. You can rent workout wear, including sneakers, for $5.

The bed is comfortable and the rooms were quiet. I did not hear a door slam at any point. All in all, an easy, pleasant stay.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have always been lucky with Westin hotels, and this stay was no exception. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially the valet staff. The hotel is situated on Fountain Square which has several restaurants and department stores for you to visit. The hotel is only four blocks from Paul Ryan Stadium and The Great American Ballpark. The pool, hot tub, and workout facilities are top notch. I also enjoyed eating in the Ingredients cafe in the lobby. The only suggestion I have for this hotel is to update the carpets and the sink base. They were showing some wear which is perfectly understandable since this hotel is an older property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

There is not enough I can say about the high level of service I have received at the Westin Cincinnati. From the doormen to the front desk to the housekeeping and engineering staff, I am always welcomed with consistent smiles and a can-do attitude which is unparalleled in Cincinnati.
I've been coming to Cincinnati for years, and the Westin is always a wonderful experience.

The hotel is nice, standard quality for what you'd expect at a Westin. Solid business hotel, clean and up-to-date contemporary decor and furnishings.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Business travelers know the value of good service, yet we struggle to often find it. Look no further than Ms. Vos. With a courteous smile, she turned my printing dilemma (Kinkos closed and the hotel only offering b/w printing) into "done".

Redwood City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The staff was very helpful at the Westin, making some adjustments to our schedule which took some time to work out, but helped us out greatly in the end. The place is surrounded by 5 star restaurants within two blocks in every direction. Other attractions in Cincinnati can be easily accessed by car or taxi. The only drawback for us were some noisy convention people who yelled and screamed going to their rooms every night. Not really something the hotel can prevent.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the fountain. Not much street noise gets into the hotel.
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

i was there for my sister's wedding and it was very nice and the staff took care of most things. this was at least 15 years ago, so i do not know if the staff has changed. we rented half of the ballroom. it was expensive then, but it was a nice location and it was nice that the out of town guests didn't have to go far for the ceremony or reception.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Westin Cincinnati? Share your experiences!