I spent a Saturday night in Cincinnati, and thanks to a nice AAA rate I was able to stay at the Westin. The hotel is right downtown, with easy access to most everything. The valet parking was easy and the valet noticed that we had left a cell phone in the car and had it at the podium when I came back later to get it.
Like the last urban Westin that I experienced, this one has the lobby on the second floor. Check-in was easy. There's a nice cafe on the first floor, which is not the lobby, but it closes on Saturday at 4, as do many downtown cafe type places. That, my friends, will tell you all you need to know about downtown Cincinnati, and it left us having to walk two blocks (the horror!) to get a snack. There's a Panera Bread and a Starbucks that remain open even after 4.
We had connecting rooms on a high floor, overlooking Fountain Square. The room was large and bright during the day, with a reasonable amount of lighting for night. The room contained the usual flatscreen TV. The desk has a little popup power strip, which had only 2 outlets. This would not have been any sort of issue except that there weren't any other outlets readily available, and if you wanted to use the coffeemaker you needed to use the power strip for that as well.
The coffeemaker by the way, made good, strong Starbucks coffee and the real half-and-half was a nice touch. As a low level Starwood Preferred Guest member, we did get free bottles of water, though not free wifi. The wifi was $9.95 and we did not purchase it. It's free in the lobby and even on the first floor, which is not the lobby.
The room featured an actual refrigerator, which I liked and used. There was no bottle opener in the room, but they brought one up quickly with a phone call The bathroom is small and functional. The water pressure in the shower was adequate for me, but I don't have much hair. It would have taken my daughter a half hour to wash her hair. I think there was a safe in the closet, but we didn't use it.
There's a fitness center and lap pool on the top floor. The fitness center has a few treadmills, ellipticals and bikes, plus free weights and physio balls. You can rent workout wear, including sneakers, for $5.
The bed is comfortable and the rooms were quiet. I did not hear a door slam at any point. All in all, an easy, pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking historic Fountain Square and located in the heart of downtown Cincinnati, Ohio, The Westin Cincinnati is the perfect destination for both leisure and business travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Orbitz, Reservation Counter, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your The Westin Cincinnati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Cincinnati Hotel Cincinnati
- Westin Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Westin
- The Westin Cincinnati Ohio