“Very nice stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Cincinnati

You added The Westin Cincinnati to your Saves list
The Westin Cincinnati
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 East 5th Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
Morrow, Ohio
“Very nice stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband, 15 year old daughter and I stayed one night between Christmas and New Year's. We are locals but rarely get downtown. As it was not a busy time we were upgraded to a huge room. The place was spotless, beds comfy, staff very pleasant. We enjoyed the ice skating in Fountain Square although the rink was very pitted and crowded. We went on an underground walking tour of downtown/Over the Rhine area which we enjoyed immensly. Excellent food at Via Vitas right on the square as well as at The Christian Moerlein Lager House, a short walk away. We felt very safe downtown. The Hotel elevators required a room key to operate which added to the safety. The pool was very nice and clean as was the hot tub.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My family - 3 older children and 2 dogs stayed at this hotel on our drive back from Florida. I travel a great deal for work and pleasure and consider this hotel one of the best I have stayed at. Every employee we dealt with was pleasant and professional, the hotel was well maintained and had a great vibe.
There was no charge to stay with our two small dogs and no charge for our extra cot.
It is obvious that the Cincinnati Westin is extraordinarily well managed and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I wholeheartedly agree with the recent positive reviews of this Westin. I was blown here in a late winter storm that kept me in Cincinnati for 24 extra hours. I got a great rest in the comfy bed, had a good chat with the über professional and not pushy bar tender and managed to finish my Christmas shopping at the near by Macy's, connected to the hotel by a skywalk, without the need to bundle into my winter coat. Recommend you pop into Tazza Mia across the street for a quick brekkie and a lovely cup of fresh roasted coffee.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is my second time booking my company's Christmas party at the Westin in Cincinnati. I have had the pleasure of working with Marla Davis Orvig each year. She is the most remarkable event planner and you can put your mind at ease knowing she is handling all of the details for your special event. Nothing goes unnoticed with Marla. She is professional, smart, quick to offer suggestions and understands when things need to be perfect. The Westin is gorgeous and I will continue to go there as long as Marla's there!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

With professional staff greeting us before we even approached the front desk, I believed every positive review I'd read about this property. Spot-on service, immaculate rooms, thoughtful touches, good amenities. Dreamy bed. Room service was perfect. Loved the sleek modern appearance of the hotel, but also appreciated the holiday decorations. Elevators were a little slow, but understandable on a sold-out NYE night. A short walk from many attractions. If I ever find myself in Cincinnati again, the Westin will be my first choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Fountain Square.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We travel a lot. This king room touted a "heavenly Bath" but held a miniature bathtub (very small and shallow).
Very disappointed. The tub and toilet were inches apart and the dirty toilet was visible from the tiny tub. I did ask if I was given the wrong room. But the manager insisted this tiny bathroom with a small tub was indeed the king heavenly bath. No accommodations or resolutions were offered or made. Not impressed. Definitely been to nicer in the area.

• Stayed January 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Manager wasn't overly helpful. Average stay. Great location. The common areas need renovations. The heavenly bath was a tiny shower. Not impressed with the bathroom. Tiny. I've stayed in worse in the area, but also much better.

• Stayed January 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cincinnati
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
Cincinnatian Hotel
#17 of 49 in Cincinnati
4.0 of 5 stars 636 reviews
Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown

Been to The Westin Cincinnati? Share your experiences!