“Convenient downtown location with Westin comfort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Cincinnati

You added The Westin Cincinnati to your Saves list
The Westin Cincinnati
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 East 5th Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Convenient downtown location with Westin comfort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This hotel is located in the heart of downtown Cincinnati, convenient for walking to all downtown attractions as well as the restaurants and bars in the historic Over-the-Rhine part of town. The staff are all great - very friendly and accomodating. Rooms are large and the beds are comfortable. Our room had a small refrigerator without a freezer that looked like former amini-bar. Very convenient for snacks or drinks. The casual restaurant on the premises - Ingredients - has great food and is reasonably priced. Great option for breakfast or lunch, but closed at dinnertime. We opted for the extra cost of a Fountain Square view room. It was New Year's Eve and we wanted to enjoy the activities on the Square - skating on the square, the crowd, the laser lighting on the surrounding buildings, and the fireworks at midnight - without the cold weather. That worked out great, but beware. We could hear the bands playing, and light sleepers would be annoyed if they wanted to go to bed before the music ends during the many special events on the Square. The only downside for us was the slow elevators. True, it was very crowded on New Year's Eve, but even the next morning with few people around, there were occasional long waits for the elevators.

Room Tip: Fountain Square view rooms are not quiet if there is a band playing during one of the many special e...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel with my friend. We were impressed by tboth the room and quality staffs. Julie, who checked us in, welcomed us with a smile. She also provided us very helpful local knowledge on where to go and what to do. Great attitude. I will always remember her smile.

We got a room with two double beds. The room was very ample and comfortable. I quickly learned that there is a reason why the beds are called "heavenly beds."

It was very easy to get to this hotel from the highway exit. Obviously, we did not have to drive to check out the city, as the hotel is right in the middle of downtown.

Guest keys are required for both elevators and bathrooms in the lobby area; I felt sense of safety and tidines.

The last, but not the least, staffs like Julie are distinguishing this hotel from a good hotel to a great hotel. I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone, and I will come back to this hotel on my next vist to Cincinnati.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Florence, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Recently took our 13 yr. old daughter and several friends for an overnight stay for her birthday party. Every staff member we encountered couldn't have been any nicer! Rooms overlooked Fountain Square and were very clean!

Made this a birthday my daughter, and her friends, will never forget!!! Thank you!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Third time in Cincinnati for work in the past year and, by far, the best hotel at which I've stayed. Super easy to get to off the freeway and very well-positioned downtown with nearby shopping (Macy's, Saks, other retail) and a plethora of dining options steps away ranging from McCormick & Schmick's to Chipotle. There's a Graeter's across the street as well, for those looking for ice cream from the Cincy institution. As for the hotel, the staff is friendly ... check-in quick & painless ... rooms are clean & typical Westin, possibly a little larger than some. My nitpicks: View stinks (back of some crusty buildings) and underground parking is owned by the city - which means you have to pay every time you go in and out. Price is about what you'd expect but kinda annoying that there's no daily in/out rate. Of course, there is a valet option. All of that said, the price here is super competitive (especially for a Westin, even if it is Ohio) and I'd definitely choose this property over the previous places I'd stayed in Cincinnati.

East Patchogue, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed here for business the week of 12/10/12. Hotel is across street from Macy's & Tiffany's. Surrounded by many restaurants (both high end and quick take-out). Only a few minutes away from Federal building. Great view of the Fountain. Spacious room. Friendly & attentive staff. I will definitely return to this hotel

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Returning for the 4th year for a birthday getaway, we were met by the valet who recommended saving the extra money and simply going down the ramp to park ourselves. A welcome surprise reminiscent of Miracle on 34th Street. Upon check-in we were given our room assignment and with a simple request for a Fountain Square view room, Shondale offered up the $30 upgrade for nothing - it's your special occasion, enjoy. We were treated to a 12th floor room at the center of the ice rink and the Saturday night fireworks show. Thanks Shondale, it was a great stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Houston, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This Westin just does not seem as good as other Westins. I've tried it twice, and I think my Westin love affair in Cincinnati is now over.

The first time I stayed here, the bathroom in my first room was not up to my standard (which admittedly is not everyone's standard). There were spots on the toilet. So I asked for another room. I just didn't know what the spots were (they were light yellowish in color). I grabbed a tissue and rubbed at the spots a bit and then said,"You know what? I'm just going to get another room."

So I called down and asked for another room and they sent a woman up (she seemed like a manager or supervisor of some sort) and while she was professional, she did rub me the wrong way. She came to room #1 and was going to walk with me to room #2 - which was on a different floor. She asked me, almost as an after thought, if I wanted help with my bag. The issue I had was that she was *really* asking the question (if I needed help with my bag), and the woman I had spoken to on the phone had said she was sending someone to help with my bag. So, I was surprised she even asked me this. Who wouldn't want help with their bag when moving to a second hotel room because the first room was not a great one. Did she think I wanted to lug all of my stuff all over the hotel?

At any rate, she grabbed my bag after I told her that, yes, I wanted help with my bag. We then went to the next room and she said to me, almost firmly, that she would stay while I inspected the room. This happened about a month ago, and I can't remember her exact words, but I will say I was a little irritated, because I felt that that put pressure on me to do a thorough inspection that moment. Whatever. If anyone knows me, they know I will change a hotel room if I discover something not to my liking. So I let her know that it looked fine, but that I would certainly call if that assessment changed. I later realized that one of the lamps was broken, but I let it go.

Fast forward to my second time here - my room is okay. But, 1) there is hair in the tub and 2) there is a section in the bathroom that smells mildewy. It just stinks. Maybe like they used a "sour" rag to clean the bathroom. 3) the bathroom faucet is leaking. And 4) housekeeping did not do a great job with my room on day #2.

Things I do like about this hotel.

1. The location is great.
2. I like the workout room - it's small but functional and clean.
3. I like the gift shop.

So there are some likeable things about this hotel. But I'm going to keep looking for a better hotel during my visits to Cincinnati.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Westin Cincinnati? Share your experiences!