“Perfect location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Cincinnati

You added The Westin Cincinnati to your Saves list
The Westin Cincinnati
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 East 5th Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
East Patchogue, New York
“Perfect location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed here for business the week of 12/10/12. Hotel is across street from Macy's & Tiffany's. Surrounded by many restaurants (both high end and quick take-out). Only a few minutes away from Federal building. Great view of the Fountain. Spacious room. Friendly & attentive staff. I will definitely return to this hotel

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Returning for the 4th year for a birthday getaway, we were met by the valet who recommended saving the extra money and simply going down the ramp to park ourselves. A welcome surprise reminiscent of Miracle on 34th Street. Upon check-in we were given our room assignment and with a simple request for a Fountain Square view room, Shondale offered up the $30 upgrade for nothing - it's your special occasion, enjoy. We were treated to a 12th floor room at the center of the ice rink and the Saturday night fireworks show. Thanks Shondale, it was a great stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Houston, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This Westin just does not seem as good as other Westins. I've tried it twice, and I think my Westin love affair in Cincinnati is now over.

The first time I stayed here, the bathroom in my first room was not up to my standard (which admittedly is not everyone's standard). There were spots on the toilet. So I asked for another room. I just didn't know what the spots were (they were light yellowish in color). I grabbed a tissue and rubbed at the spots a bit and then said,"You know what? I'm just going to get another room."

So I called down and asked for another room and they sent a woman up (she seemed like a manager or supervisor of some sort) and while she was professional, she did rub me the wrong way. She came to room #1 and was going to walk with me to room #2 - which was on a different floor. She asked me, almost as an after thought, if I wanted help with my bag. The issue I had was that she was *really* asking the question (if I needed help with my bag), and the woman I had spoken to on the phone had said she was sending someone to help with my bag. So, I was surprised she even asked me this. Who wouldn't want help with their bag when moving to a second hotel room because the first room was not a great one. Did she think I wanted to lug all of my stuff all over the hotel?

At any rate, she grabbed my bag after I told her that, yes, I wanted help with my bag. We then went to the next room and she said to me, almost firmly, that she would stay while I inspected the room. This happened about a month ago, and I can't remember her exact words, but I will say I was a little irritated, because I felt that that put pressure on me to do a thorough inspection that moment. Whatever. If anyone knows me, they know I will change a hotel room if I discover something not to my liking. So I let her know that it looked fine, but that I would certainly call if that assessment changed. I later realized that one of the lamps was broken, but I let it go.

Fast forward to my second time here - my room is okay. But, 1) there is hair in the tub and 2) there is a section in the bathroom that smells mildewy. It just stinks. Maybe like they used a "sour" rag to clean the bathroom. 3) the bathroom faucet is leaking. And 4) housekeeping did not do a great job with my room on day #2.

Things I do like about this hotel.

1. The location is great.
2. I like the workout room - it's small but functional and clean.
3. I like the gift shop.

So there are some likeable things about this hotel. But I'm going to keep looking for a better hotel during my visits to Cincinnati.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This hotel went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. When we checked in both my boys were given adorable Westin Kids backpacks with goodies inside. The staff was exceptionally friendly, and one of the women working int he restaurant gave them complimentary cookies one day. The pool was PERFECT for burning off some energy, and it had amazing views of the Cincinnati skyline. The location was great. It's literally directly across from the US Bank ice rink in fountain square, great restaurants and shopping (from Macy's to Saks Fifth Avenue)! The rooms are appropriately spaced and quiet. I love that they have refrigerators to store things and come with two bottles of complimentary water. There's a single cup Starbucks coffee maker in the room, but if you're a perfectionist, Starbucks is literally right out the front door.

Room Tip: If you have kids, the two double bed room is quite spacious.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Being in the Westin multiple times over the last 2-3 years. Always for business. Always an ok hotel.

Rooms are clean although they're getting old and tired. The workout area is ok (the Hilton next door has a better one) but the pool is great. No breakfast offered but the Ingredients downstairs is great.

Room Tip: The higher the better (away from the noise).
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I went there without a reservation. Get a unclean room in the 4th floor for 119USD where I can see just walls. The room has its cables lying just on the floor (just one plug in the wall and those hubs to plug in others ) , no light switches (you have to stand up), no shower-gel, no ventilation, the hair-fan is not able to make warm, the AC is very loud, the swimming pool is closed due to maintenance, the elevator is the slowest in the world (5min+ waiting time in AVERAGE) and the parking garage is very expensive (i payed more than 40USD for 2 days). Breakfast is also expensive (2 egg-toast with ham and 2 coffee for 26USD).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Concord, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

The Westin in Cincinnati is an excellent hotel, conveniently located just a 10 minute walk from the football stadium, baseball stadium and hockey arena. If you're heading to that city for a sporting event, the Westin is an excellent option. The rooms are modern, comfortable, spacious and clean. The price for my weekend represented an outstanding value.

The hotel has a decent bar as well as a cafe with very good options for breakfast, lunch or just a quick snack. Overall the hotel is well located within the city and a number of restaurant and bar options exist within a a couple block radius.

Room Tip: Double/queen rooms are fine, but roll-away beds are not an option in case you need a 3rd bed. King...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Westin Cincinnati? Share your experiences!