Found this to be a fantastic hotel. The staff is incredible and helped me out tremendously when the hotel was technically sold out. When my flight was cancelled and I had to return from the airport, they nevertheless were able jump some hoops and find me a lovely room to stay in. Kudos to Julie, Mieke, and DeJuan, they are the best!! Lovely pool with incredible view over Cincinnati, good weight room, fantastic proximity to Graeter's (the best ice cream in Cincinnati if not the world!!), and many other great eating places around Fountain Square. Really nice cleaning and maintenance staff. Found the facilities to be scrupulously clean. Also, nice in- house bar with run by Thad, a friendly and skillful barkeep.
The in-house restaurant (Ingredients) with healthy and delicious meal choices, so difficult to find these days, with a friendly, knowledgeable and most helpful staff headed up by Justin. Just wish it was open later!!
I would disagree with previous writer who stated that there were homeless people throughout the lobby. The building was obviously built with an "atrium" area that is a public space. Therefore, no one can be denied entrance to this public area, but in any case, I did not find that people passing through this area presented any threat to my safety. The actual hotel lobby is reached by an elevator or escalator and is on the second floor. It is a private area that is not open to the public. The hotel appeared very safe to me and I truly doubt that a stay there involves any risk whatever to one's security, regardless of one's gender or age.
Forgot to mention the beds. Mattresses feel like clouds, every bed has a heavenly down quilt.
Really, all in all, 5 star hotel. What's not to like???
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Cincinnati Hotel
- The Westin Cincinnati Hotel Cincinnati
- Westin Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Westin
- The Westin Cincinnati Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking historic Fountain Square and located in the heart of downtown Cincinnati, Ohio, The Westin Cincinnati is the perfect destination for both leisure and business travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your The Westin Cincinnati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.