“Another incredible stay at Westin Cincinnati” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Cincinnati

Save Saved
You added The Westin Cincinnati to your Saves list
The Westin Cincinnati
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 East 5th Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #12 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Another incredible stay at Westin Cincinnati”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

I'm guilty of reading tons of review's and not writing. I need to make an exception and take the time to thank the Westin Cincinnati again. I planned a surprise weekend for our anniversary. From check in to room service and every employee we came in contact with it was amazing. I want to thank the front desk staff Mohamad and Mica for remembering my wife and myself and welcoming us back. I also want to thank Wayne Bodingtion for the amazing room and view. The Heavenly bed was extremely comfortable and the room was in immaculate shape. It was fun swimming in the pool on top of the hotel and using the fitness club. We ordered room service off the lunch menu and the food was wonderful. You can't beat the location of the Westin. From dinning to nightclubs everything is within a few blocks and most is connected with the skywalk. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Request room overlooking Fountain Square.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

650 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

The Westin Cincinnati downtown was a terrific experience for my family to ring in 2012!
We had a beautiful suite overlooking Fountain Square and room for our two kids to play and enjoy the view.
The hotel had gone above and beyond having cookies and milk for the kids and champagne for my husband and I along with a personal note welcoming us.
The pool was clean, the staff were very polite and the hotel is located perfectly to get wherever we needed to go during a very busy holiday time. I would definitely go back again, and make this a tradition with my family. Thanks for a wonderful stay, Westin!

Gahanna, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

The Good
The front desk personnel were prompt and friendly. The adjoining rooms had an great view of winter ice skating, and were clean and updated with flat-screen tvs.
The morning of the checkout, the staff downstairs had warm good mornings, and we always enjoy the pool area.

The Bad
When we approached Valet, they first went to the car behind us. We had to wait 10 minutes with 2 small children. It was not understandable. They were apologetic, but I'd like to know what was more important about the car behind us. I can guarantee it had something to do with a sports team staying there.

The pool area was sloppy. An hourly cleaning of towels is all that is necessary to keep the area not trashy looking.

We had room service for dinner. It was poor quality, poor temperatures and they got the order wrong. Full cheeseburger instead of mini-hamburgers without cheese for child with milk allergy. After the length of time it took for the meal to come in the first place, we didn't call the complaint in. The other meals...were just cold and not appealing. Cold, pan seared potstickers are just gross.

Housekeeping. I can't even state how ticked off we were about housekeeping in the morning of checkout. while trying to get 2 small children ready to checkout, there's a knock on the door. We tell them we're busy. they go and knock on the next door, our adjoining room. Again, with kids screaming we have to tell them come back.

Not 15 minutes later, housekeeping uses their keys to try and get in our room. No knock. Nothing. Luckily, the deadboot was on the door since one of us was trying to get dressed.

I have a very difficult time understanding how housekeeping does not have a computerized room system to show guests, adjoining rooms and check outs. And, to forcefully try and come into a room without knocking is unacceptable.

The Ugly
Grey walls with no artwork made the hallways look like a prision.

Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

I've stayed at many Westin hotels (admittedly in Asia) and this hotel does not live up to the name. The rooms badly need renovation and the walls are so thin you could hear guests in adjoining rooms draw their curtains!! On the plus side my room was clean and the bed was lovely but the bathroom in particular needed replacing - it was so tired. The location was terrific and the staff were helpful but it was more Holiday Inn than Westin.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

location is excellent, at the heart of downtown Cincinnati and a few minutes walk away from some of the best dining Cincinnati has to offer. The hotel itself has a drab, depressing look and feel (it is very clean though). Room Service choices are limited, especially after 11 pm, and the minibar is not stocked, which I find unacceptable for a Westin property. There is a $3 surcharge for every room service order.There were no laundry bags in my room so both times I gave in laundry I had to wait for someone to come with a bag. The heating is difficult to control and the room becomes uncomfortably dry very quickly. THey charged me a $5 "package" fee, simply for receiving a small amazon package (3 books) at the front desk (and its not like they delivered it to my room). The gym was not functional (they did have an option of using another property nearby, but the process was too cumbersome).

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

Of course, it was December when I visited and the hotel was decked out in Christmas decorations in every direction. The check in was flawless, the valet service was fast and the bellman was simply superb (Craig)!!! The staff at the desk even did a google search (printed it) to help me to another destination. The room (2 beds) was spacious and well appointed. The location allowed me to walk and shop at places like Macy's as well as other shops. There were MANY nice restaurants on either side of the hotel to enjoy. I will stay there when I go back in July and any other time!!!

Boston, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

I've averaged 3-5 stays per year here for the last 7 years - and the hotel has slowly morphed from excellent to a poor representation of an otherwise solid brand.

I regularly have to call Service Express to have my complimentary coffee and waters refilled. Wake-up calls are not always delivered. And most recently, a staff member ignored my 'Do Not Disturb' sign at 7pm while I was taking a nap to deliver an invitation intended for another guest.

Obviously - certain elements of the Westin can't be hampered by inattentive staff - so props on the Heavenly bed and two shower heads. Unfortunately quality hotels are lacking in downtown Cincinnati, but given my frustrated stays in recent years, I'm reconsidering spending my company's money here.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Westin Cincinnati? Share your experiences!