“Doesn't feel like a Westin, coming from Asia” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Cincinnati

Save Saved
You added The Westin Cincinnati to your Saves list
The Westin Cincinnati
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 East 5th Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #14 of 48 hotels in Cincinnati
Singapore
“Doesn't feel like a Westin, coming from Asia”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

location is excellent, at the heart of downtown Cincinnati and a few minutes walk away from some of the best dining Cincinnati has to offer. The hotel itself has a drab, depressing look and feel (it is very clean though). Room Service choices are limited, especially after 11 pm, and the minibar is not stocked, which I find unacceptable for a Westin property. There is a $3 surcharge for every room service order.There were no laundry bags in my room so both times I gave in laundry I had to wait for someone to come with a bag. The heating is difficult to control and the room becomes uncomfortably dry very quickly. THey charged me a $5 "package" fee, simply for receiving a small amazon package (3 books) at the front desk (and its not like they delivered it to my room). The gym was not functional (they did have an option of using another property nearby, but the process was too cumbersome).

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

664 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

Of course, it was December when I visited and the hotel was decked out in Christmas decorations in every direction. The check in was flawless, the valet service was fast and the bellman was simply superb (Craig)!!! The staff at the desk even did a google search (printed it) to help me to another destination. The room (2 beds) was spacious and well appointed. The location allowed me to walk and shop at places like Macy's as well as other shops. There were MANY nice restaurants on either side of the hotel to enjoy. I will stay there when I go back in July and any other time!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Boston, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

I've averaged 3-5 stays per year here for the last 7 years - and the hotel has slowly morphed from excellent to a poor representation of an otherwise solid brand.

I regularly have to call Service Express to have my complimentary coffee and waters refilled. Wake-up calls are not always delivered. And most recently, a staff member ignored my 'Do Not Disturb' sign at 7pm while I was taking a nap to deliver an invitation intended for another guest.

Obviously - certain elements of the Westin can't be hampered by inattentive staff - so props on the Heavenly bed and two shower heads. Unfortunately quality hotels are lacking in downtown Cincinnati, but given my frustrated stays in recent years, I'm reconsidering spending my company's money here.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Ontario Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

My son attends Xavier university in Cincinatti and i usually stay at the Springhill Eden Park. For some reason on this weeknd they wante 180 for a room. I called the Westin to see what they could do with my Starwoods points. For 1009 points I got a room for 150 a night. This is usually a 350 per nite hotel..Great location right across from Fountain Square which is so pretty lit up at night. A few blocks fro the freeway entrance within walking ditance of great restaurants the museum of contemparary art and it has an indoor walkway to Macys and Saks.
The breakfast downstairs was reasonable has a Starbucks is clean fast and obviously a stop for people working downtown, Good Indian food at Akash and great Mexican at Nada both nearby.Good sushi at Mr Sushi which has really become popular.
The room was modern clean and quiet but the bed felt old not like a heavenly bed that I know. Still had decent sleep. Will stay again but will not pay the full price

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011 via mobile

I used to live in Cincinnati and always considered this centrally located hotel a nice place. In fact, I held my wedding reception at this hotel. But when I came back this year for Thanksgiving to visit my family, I was very disappointed.
Our room needs updating, the heater was so loud we had to turn it off, neither phone worked, no hair dryer, and you can hear street noise on the 15 th floor.
The only good thing is the bed.
Also note that valet parking is $28/ day and you can self park ( and get your car faster) for $15/ day.
They still nickel and dime guests for wifi and breakfast at "ingredients",while good, is a cafeteria style place.
Quite a shame as I am a fan of Starwood and generally like Westins. This one is past it's prime and desperately needs a remodel. Stay at the Cincinnatian.

• Stayed November 2011
Burlingame, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I've been staying at the Westin in Cincinnati for almost 15 years. For me, it's the only place that I'd stay. Location is very central for business at almost all of Cincinnati's big corporations -- in fact walkable (I wouldn't rent a car if staying at the hotel).

Rooms are very spacious -- though even as an SPG Platinum, I've never received an upgrade (hence four stars instead of five stars). And of course clean, well-equiped and functional.

Also a great location for dining out. Plenty of options within even a block or two.

Room Tip: Tough to say. So far, no upgrades for SPG Platinums.