“Cincinnati Zoo & Botantical Garden” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 85 attractions in Cincinnati
Type: Gardens, Zoos
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: This second oldest zoo in the U.S., considered one of the best in the country, is most renowned for its endangered species and birthing programs, particularly for gorillas and white tigers, and has a wonderful collection of felines and a delightful manatees exhibit.
Cincinnati, Ohio
7 attraction reviews
“Cincinnati Zoo & Botantical Garden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Fun filled day to spend with the family, especially little ones! Took my kids over the years when they were little and now I have the pleasure of taking my three grandbabies!

Visited December 2012

Cincinnati
6 attraction reviews
“Love our membership”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We are a family of three and bought a zoo membership in 2013 and have been very happy with it. The zoo is very clean, staff is friendly and our daughter loves riding the train and carosel and seeing all the animals. We will definitely renew our membership. I like how the zoo is doing a great job being earth friendly with solar panels and recycling. The 4D experience is very neat. We bought the membership that is the most expensive, but includes everything.

Visited October 2013
“One of the best family outings in Cincinnati”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a favorite place for my son and I to visit in Cincinnati. Their exhibits are excellent. With the newly developed African exhibit, you can see the lions up close. If you have children, the petting zoo is a must. We also love riding on the train around the zoo. If you are brave enough to venture out in winter, you must see the Festival of Lights!

Visited October 2013
Kentucky, United States
“A little disappointed - I think we came at nap time??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The zoo was a little disappointing this last time we went in August 2013. I don't know if it was the time of day (afternoon) or just a bad season but several of the animals were not visible. For example, the last time we were there several gorillas were in the outside exhibit but this time, there was only 1 and he only stayed around for a few minutes before he went down where he was not visible. I heard several people commenting about the lack of animals and their disappointment. We paid for the train ride because we were told we would get to see more animals or a better view of the animals and I think we saw the pink flamingos and maybe the back of one other animal. There were several empty displays..BUT we have been here before and really enjoyed it. So, we know its potential to be a great place to visit.

Visited August 2013
Cincinnati
9 attraction reviews
“Great Zoo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Cincinnati has one of the greatest zoos, if you visit this city, I recommend you check it out. Check the website for discounted days that are not as busy. There is a petting zoo area with goats and cows that you can pet and feed. Bug house, nocturnal house, sea creatures, many different types of birds, elephants, monkeys, lions, tigers, bears, oh my!