“Very nice zoo” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 87 Attractions in Cincinnati
Type: Gardens, Zoos
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: This second oldest zoo in the U.S., considered one of the best in the country, is most renowned for its endangered species and birthing programs, particularly for gorillas and white tigers, and has a wonderful collection of felines and a delightful manatees exhibit.
Greenwood, Indiana, United States
27 attraction reviews
“Very nice zoo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I would suggest going as soon as they open. My husband and I spent 5 hours. We had to race to see everything because they were closing. I would suggest seeing a 4 d show. Very nice lay out plenty of places to get a good look at the animals. They had lots of animals I never herd of. That my local zoo doesn't have. Makes my zoo look bad. Suggest you eat before you go. 2 cheeseburger baskets and to split a souvenir cup was $21.

Visited September 2013

Mechanicsville, Maryland
9 attraction reviews
“Very Nice Zoo and a Selection of Unique Animals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This zoo is easy to walk and offers nice landscaping. They have an interesting selection of animals, some of which we have not seen before, and we've been to a lot of zoos. The staff was very friendly and at several of the exhibits handlers were available to answer your questions. The food was actually pretty decent and reasonably priced as far as zoo food goes. There is plenty of parking, but it costs $8 - just so you know. Plan on spending most of the day if you are into animals and want to see it all.

Visited August 2013
Stone Mountain,GA, United States
“Zoo volunteers make the visit outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Not only is the zoo itself outstanding but the volunteers and staff are very eager to answer questions

Visited May 2013
3 attraction reviews
“What a great zoo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I took my girls here for a change from the columbus zoo. Had a great time not too crowded and you pretty much get a close up view of every animal. The food is pretty pricey but other then that this is a great zoo

Visited September 2013
Central Vermont
16 attraction reviews
“an okay way to spend the day in Cincy - surprisingly run down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We loved the giraffes, however, I was surprised to see that this storied zoo was pretty shabby. It wasn't filthy, but the grounds and landscaping were certainly sparse and somewhat littered. I would have expected this place to be pristine, however, it was not. Several of the animal enclosures were shockingly small and really just yucky.

We did have a decent enough time, but I guess I was expecting to be wowed. I wasn't.

Visited August 2013