“Do Not Pass This By” 5 of 5 stars

3400 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45220-1399
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 143 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: This second oldest zoo in the U.S., considered one of the best in the country, is most renowned for its endangered species and birthing programs, particularly for gorillas and white tigers, and has a wonderful collection of felines and a delightful manatees exhibit.
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Do Not Pass This By”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Children or not, by yourself, with a friend; you will not be disappointed. Easy off, easy on I-75, parking is not the cheapest but here is an alternative to long lines at amusement parks and at the end of the day the kids, or your date, will love you for it. I remember my first trip in the late 60's and of course the zoo has changed. For the better. Each and every visit that I return to do is vibrant, an adventure, and something I actually look forward to. Great staff; they will take good care of you. Check it out; you will be glad you did!

Visited February 2013

• Arabic first
Bloomington, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“full price but not many animals out”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We went sat. March 23rd. Very disappointing. Paid full price but hardly any animals to see. Monkee's, Bears, turtles all not out because of weather (though it was 50 degrees). $8 to park. Lack of animals also, 2 giraffes, 1 penquin, 3 elephants. No dolphins or shows to see. If you want to go to a zoo, go to the Indianapolis zoo. Way more to see in Indy.
Even in the summer I wonder if there are more animals. Spent a lot of money to see very little.

1 Thank kzimme1141
Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great place to visit, even off-season!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We visited Cincinnati in March and the zoo was a fabulous place to be. Even though the weather was a tad cold, the indoor exhibits were amazing and plentiful for my three kids 17m, 3 years, and 6 years old. The bug exhibit is out of this world gross! The kids didn't have to wait in line ever, the crowds were thin, and the tiger was pacing back and forth right in front of them! Keep in mind that many of the animals are not out, but this makes for quick less than two hour trip for us, which is perfect. AND, admission was half off! You can't beat that. We loved it, and it was a fraction of the cost of the aquarium and I think we enjoyed this more. A great place to let the kids walk, and right in the middle of the city! We will definitely return.

1 Thank Stormie W
Livonia, Michigan
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Spring time at the zoo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Cincinnati Zoo is a very big zoo and I was pretty impressed. Plenty of animals to see and a few I haven't seen at other zoos. Gorillas were entertaining to watch. Plan for a full day. Wish parking wasn't so expensive though.

1 Thank Philip G
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Any trip for all seasons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We are members of the zoo, and have been for 3 years now. It never gets old and always offers a great day trip. Our kids are 1,3, and 5, and they all enjoy the zoo. One of my favorite times to visit is just as the tulips open up, but we also enjoy the quiet and emptier days that are cool or rainy. In fact, our daughter made her first visit at just 2 weeks old in Jan of 2012, and has been at least once a month every month since! A membership pays for itself in no time and is definitely worth it for us (we live about an hour away).

There are quite a few new renovations and exhibits opening up, so I'm excited to see what's in store.

We always bring our own picnic lunch and snacks, so I can't comment on the concessions at all, but there seem to be a lot of options.

1 Thank BekinLex