“Beautiful building and artwork!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cincinnati Art Museum

Cincinnati Art Museum
953 Eden Park Dr, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Mount Adams)
513-639-2995
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 194 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the most prestigious art museums in the country, with over 100,000 works of art, this grandiose building atop an Eden Park hill, is well-known for its 19th-century European and American paintings, but also contains numerous other works including an outstanding pottery gallery.
Wheeling, West Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beautiful building and artwork!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I took my children (ages 5 and 4months) to the museum at my son's request. He's a big fan of Little Einstein's, where a famous work of art is featured each episode. I was a little unsure about how "into it" he would be once we were there, but I was pleasantly surprised! He loved it!

We loved seeing the Van Gogh's, the Picasso's, the Matisse's, and the Warhol's because he recognized all those names! He also enjoyed the exhibits which were obviously geared toward children, like the ancient Asian hairstyle station. He was most fascinated with the REAL MUMMY! He made me walk past it twice! He also thought the silver exhibit was really neat!

We had lunch at the cafe, and the wait staff was extremely friendly, and it was very pleasant sitting out on the patio.

My son did start to lose interest toward the end (which is OK, he is just 5!), but he perked back up when we hit the gift shop, where he got to decide between some really cute artistic souvenirs. I was also happy to see that a purchase of $15 or more made your parking free!

It was a very special experience!

Stockton, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Local Art”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

There were great local Cincinnati artworks from the turn of the century with a ton of women artists represented.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nice afternoon stroll”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Lived in Cinti twice for over 15 years and toured the museum for the first time. I'm not a big museum person, but overall it was a pleasant experience. The staff is pleasantly nice and makes suggestions to tour museum. It's not over welming and you really can go any direction. The cafe was awesome. I had the hummus and roasted veggies for $6. Delish. For a free activity the museum was definitely worth our time.

Hamilton, Ohio
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Pleasant Sunday afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My husband and I had gone a month earlier and decided to take our kids back with us. There is a scavenger-hunt type activity for the kids to do on their way through the museum, which helped my 11-yr-old and 14-yr-old stay a bit more interested and make them consider what they're looking at. As with any museum, some areas were more interesting than others, for the kids. Check their website for activities and special tours being offered. The contemporary exhibits were closed both times we visited.

Cincinnati, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fantastic museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

CAM is a real gem! It is the oldest art museum west of the allegany mountains. I started taking my children there on Saturday mornings when they were young; at that time Saturday's were free admission. Now the museum is FREE every day. It does cost $4 to park.
My grandchildren are now enjoying the museum. There are new exhibits all the time and the little people are talking about their next trip back before we even leave. This is a great opportunity for young families to introduce fine art into the lives of their children. My children enjoyed short trips and this offered them the experience of exploring new exhibits with each trip. It is now rewarding to see my grandchildren excited about trips to this great gem in our city.

Visited July 2014

Been to Cincinnati Art Museum? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Cincinnati Art Museum, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.