“A real gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cincinnati Art Museum

Cincinnati Art Museum
953 Eden Park Dr, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Mount Adams)
513-639-2995
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 63 Attractions in Cincinnati
Type: Art Museums, Ballets, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the most prestigious art museums in the country, with over 100,000 works of art, this grandiose building atop an Eden Park hill, is well-known for its 19th-century European and American paintings, but also contains numerous other works including an outstanding pottery gallery.
Alexandria, Kentucky, United States
4 attraction reviews
“A real gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

A different experience every time you visit. Each time we visit we concentrate on just one section of the museum so that we can fully enjoy it and take it all in.

litktybg
4 attraction reviews
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My favorite are the masters. The blown light fixture is beautiful. I remembermy mother would take me when I was younger when I had gotten in trouble. She would be quiet and walk me around to see the beautiful art and let me think about things. Great place!

Columbus, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
“First-Class Art Museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Beautiful old building, solid collection of all styles and periods of art. Coffee shop, gift shop, free admission ($4 for parking). Very impressed!

Visited December 2012
Southern California
20 attraction reviews
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

After having also been to the Taft and Contemporary I think this is by far the best. However I was not as impressed as I was with the Baltimore Museum of Art. The Cincinnati Art Museum is quite large and has a pretty broad selection. It had a lot of 3D art including vases. I was there when they were exhibiting Herb Ritts and Toulouse-Lautrec. There was a modest selection of Lautrec. I’m not sure why glamour shots of models are appropriate for an art museum. I think this is definitely worthwhile but it is not at top tier of the nation’s arts museums. It’s a very nice building and the area around it is beautiful for a walk. I can certainly recommend it as very nice way to spend several hours. Good parking.

Visited November 2012
Loveland, Ohio
19 attraction reviews
“Wonderful collections”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The art museum has such a variety of collections of different forms of art. There are temporary exhibits as well. I also enjoy the beautiful building that houses all the fantastic art. Plan enough time so you won't be disappointed.