“I loved it” 5 of 5 stars

+1 513-287-7000
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 87 Attractions in Cincinnati
Type: History Museums, Natural History Museums, Children's Museums, Science Museums
Activities: Arts and crafts
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: For a four-in-one educational experience, you can't beat this complex of three museums and OMNIMAX Theater housed in a beautifully restored Art Deco train station. Cincinnati Museum Center houses the Cincinnati History Museum, the Museum of Natural History & Science, the Duke Energy Children's Museum, the Robert D. Lindner Family OMNIMAX Theatre, the Cincinnati History Library and Archives and special exhibition space.
Felicity, Ohio
7 attraction reviews
“I loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

The Cleopatra exhibit was perfect, and beautiful. I loved seeing her. I learned alot about this women. The whole museum is beautiful. I love all the exhibits. My favorite though is about Cleopatra.

Fairfield, Ohio
“Union Terminal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The museum is awesome. So much to see. I love the murals (or whatever they are called) on the upper walls, showing pictures from the past. Just a wonderful place.

Dayton, Ohio
7 attraction reviews
“Dead Sea Scrolls”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

PRICE: We paid $52 for 2 tickets to see the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit.

LENGTH: We stayed for 2 1/2 hours.

ENVIRONMENT: The Cincy Museum is beautiful! A large foyer greets you as you walk in, with arching ceilings (somewhat reminiscent of Grand Central Station, NYC).

EXPERIENCE: Our tickets were quickly obtained at Will Call. However, even though we were on time, the exhibit was running behind. We probably didn't enter the main attraction for 20-30 minutes after arrival. This was an indication at the massive traffic flow of people coming to see the Scrolls.

Unfortunately, that was an issue throughout the night. Too many people made it next to impossible to see anything worth seeing. Sure, you could get close the large clay pots, but any of the actual scrolls had such a line that you could wait 30 minutes to see one tiny scroll.

My advice to the museum/exhibitors would be to limit the ticket sales further (they are already restricted and time-slotted). There were far too many people there to experience the scrolls as I had hoped for.

That being said, I can now check this off my life's list.

Visited April 2013
CincyMuseum, Social Media Coordniator at Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
We appreciate your feedback and have sent it to the head of special exhibits so we can make our current exhibit run more smoothly. We hope you’ll visit again!
Peoria, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
“Go early”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Dead scrolls was sold out by the time we got there at 1030. The butterfly movie was pretty neat although I wouldn't call it must see. Parking for 6$ is a lil steep and be careful there are potholes everywhere. Te museum of history of science was cool. It requires a lot of reading. The 1 pm bat show never took place and they kept telling us it would start any minute. If you don't have kids, they won't let you Ito the childrens museum. We skipped the Cincinnati history museum. Overall, spent about 35$ for 2 people about 4 hours of learning. Not sure that I would go back.

Visited April 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
22 attraction reviews
“Cincinnati wouldn't be the same without Union Terminal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Walking into Union Terminal you can easily feel the energy of the past. I can't help but imagine the bustling WW2 era crowds--soldiers coming home, soldiers going away, kisses, hugs and tears. That's just when you walk into the rotunda. The museums are superb and the train museum on the upper level is a must! For history lovers, don't miss the Union Terminal.