“A must for families” 5 of 5 stars

+1 513-287-7000
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 87 Attractions in Cincinnati
Type: History Museums, Natural History Museums, Children's Museums, Science Museums
Activities: Arts and crafts
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: For a four-in-one educational experience, you can't beat this complex of three museums and OMNIMAX Theater housed in a beautifully restored Art Deco train station. Cincinnati Museum Center houses the Cincinnati History Museum, the Museum of Natural History & Science, the Duke Energy Children's Museum, the Robert D. Lindner Family OMNIMAX Theatre, the Cincinnati History Library and Archives and special exhibition space.
Cincinnati, Ohio
13 attraction reviews
“A must for families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is one of the best Children's museums out there. My kids love it! There is even some things for parents to do as well.

Cincinnati, Ohio
10 attraction reviews
“Dead Sea Scrolls - an amazing exhibit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I went cause it was a "gotta see" kind of show. Was completely absorbed for 2.5 hours. Wish it was staying longer.

Corinth, Kentucky, United States
“Wow the kids loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My kids are 7 and 9 and loved every second of it. The area is well kept and busy for kids of all ages. Something for all ages. My kids went from one place to another. The way the area is set up it is very easy to watch two children in different play areas at the same time. As a parent that is very important.

Visited September 2012
Corinth, Kentucky, United States
“Went as kid and just as good now with my Kids!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Wonderful place. My kids are 7 and 9 years and love every second of it. I am 32 years old and I love it as much now as I did when I was a kid. It is nice to be able to go and enjoy and teach your kids something at the same time!

Visited October 2012
Silsbee, Texas
4 attraction reviews
“Dead Sea Scrolls Exhibit, April 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband and I visited the Cincinnati Museum to view the Dead Sea Scrolls.

The exhibit itself was very interesting. However, they had different tour groups coming in spaced apart at only 10 minutes each.

The drive getting into the parking lot was backed up nearly to the street and after waiting in line to pay the $6 parking fee we were told the Dead Sea Scroll was sold out and wasn't available for another 4 hours. So my husband and I went in and bought the tickets for the next available tour and left and came back about 3 hours later for the tour. I definitely recommend buying the tickets online or early if you plan to visit.

The exhibit was so crowded you could hardly even get around the circular exhibit of Dead Sea Scrolls. In fact because of the crowding, my husband wasn't physically able to stand and walk around the length of time it took to see the Scrolls. He actually found a bench to sit down on while I made my way around the exhibit. And I would like to add there was not a beginning or ending line to the exhibit itself. You just sort of kindly pushed your way into the line of people around the Scrolls. Whichever scroll you started looking at, you just made your way around until you reached your starting point, wherever that was.

I thought $23 each was a bit pricey, but then there aren't many people who can say they have seen the Dead Sea Scrolls in person.

And at the end of our tour, the escalator going UP wasn't working, so both my husband and I had to take the stairs back up, which was physically taxing to say the least on my husband.