“Spend the whole day with your family!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 189 things to do in Cincinnati
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Arts and crafts
More attraction details
Owner description: For a four-in-one educational experience, you can't beat this complex of three museums and OMNIMAX Theater housed in a beautifully restored Art Deco train station. Cincinnati Museum Center houses the Cincinnati History Museum, the Museum of Natural History & Science, the Duke Energy Children's Museum, the Robert D. Lindner Family OMNIMAX Theatre, the Cincinnati History Library and Archives and special exhibition space.
Indianapolis, IN
7 attraction reviews
“Spend the whole day with your family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was a fantastic trip for us with two little kids (5 and 1). We chose only to go to the Natural History museum and the Children's museum because of our kids' ages, but both were great choice. My 5-year-old loved looking at the old bones and holding the live cockroach. My husband is a history buff so he really enjoyed this part. Then we went to the Children's Museum. We could have spent all day there and still had more to do. Both of my children enjoyed this the most and even my toddler had so much fun in the little toddler play area. That area was very nice after having spent most of the day in the loud other parts...it was very quiet and peaceful in there and well-monitored.

The food was pretty good, although they ran out of ceasar wraps. Expensive as usual for museum food, but it was tasty.

Negatives: The women's bathroom was VERY crowded and BOTH times I went in there, there was a lady sitting in a chair with a clipboard right in the way, and another lady cleaning. It was way too crowded for both of them to be right in the way, and the cleaning lady was literally cleaning up right by my sink as I was washing my hands. I felt like I was in her way and like I was making a mess in her bathroom. Also, the food service worker where they serve wraps and sandwiches acted less than enthused to be working. I stepped up and he just looked at me. I told him what I wanted and he walked away, so I didn't know whether he was taking my order or doing something else.

All in all, it was a great visit and definitely something we would do again. Great for all ages, especially children. Plan to spend the day.

4 attraction reviews
“Amazing Museum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife and I recently made a trip (March 22) to the Cincy Museum to view the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit. First of all, the museum itself is an amazing place, just a beautiful museum center! The Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit was excellent! The items on display were placed for easy viewing. Even though it was quite busy the flow of people went well it seemed. The ancient items and Scrolls on display were just amazing! I highly recommend this exhibit and the museum itself to everyone. We have been to this museum a few times before and if you have children then the children's museum here is a must see! Kids will love it!

Pompano Beach, Florida
25 attraction reviews
“Christmas Time Trains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

If you are in Cincy during the Holidays, be sure to visit Union Terminal and check out the awesome train displays. Such an amazing time

Visited May 2012
11 attraction reviews
“My kids love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My kids absolutely love this museum. They do a great job separating the area for preschoolers from the area for bigger kids, and they do a good job making sure none of those preschoolers leave without an adult. As my kids have gotten older, they love the tree house and the other areas meant for older kids. Worth a membership to the museum if you have small children.

Cincinnati, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
“A little culture and some kid's entertainment in one place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I love the building itself and I enjoy the museum about the history of the city. They have a nice children's museum too. I don't have kids but it seems to be a hit with the kids I know. In addition they have a IMAX that sometimes have very interesting films.

Visited July 2012