“My kids love it” 5 of 5 stars

+1 513-287-7000
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 86 attractions in Cincinnati
Type: History Museums, Natural History Museums, Children's Museums, Science Museums
Activities: Arts and crafts
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: For a four-in-one educational experience, you can't beat this complex of three museums and Oan MNIMAX Theater housed in a beautifully restored Art Deco train station. Cincinnati Museum Center houses the Cincinnati History Museum, the Museum of Natural History & Science, the Duke Energy Children's Museum, the Robert D. Lindner Family OMNIMAX Theatre, the Cincinnati History Library and Archives and special exhibition space. Don't miss the final stop of the award-winning exhibition "Diana, A Celebration" at Cincinnati Museum Center from Feb. 14-Aug. 17, 2014!
11 attraction reviews
“My kids love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My kids absolutely love this museum. They do a great job separating the area for preschoolers from the area for bigger kids, and they do a good job making sure none of those preschoolers leave without an adult. As my kids have gotten older, they love the tree house and the other areas meant for older kids. Worth a membership to the museum if you have small children.

Visited March 2013

Cincinnati, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
“A little culture and some kid's entertainment in one place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I love the building itself and I enjoy the museum about the history of the city. They have a nice children's museum too. I don't have kids but it seems to be a hit with the kids I know. In addition they have a IMAX that sometimes have very interesting films.

Visited July 2012
Culleoka, Tennessee
6 attraction reviews
“Four-in-one + -- in magnificent Art Deco train station with giant murals and mosaics”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Cincinatti History Museum is one of the four museums within this marvelous domed station. It has the story of this area from pre-historic times on. The exhibits are engaging with lots of interesting photos and interactive displays, even a full-size steamboat in a replica of the Cincinatti River front in the 1830s. There is a highly detailed city model with miniature trains and street-cars that moves from the 20s to the 60s. There's a tower where people can climb and see a net of train tracks in use, and also where children can play with trains. Even a short visit to one of the four museums is an easy and enlivening experience. It's within very easy access of I-75 at the Ezzard Charles exit.
The Dead Sea scrolls are there till March 31. There's an IMAX, a children's museum, and you can rent strollers, or bring your own. There are plenty of sights even without buying a museum pass.

Visited March 2013
Brookville, Indiana, United States
10 attraction reviews
“No age requirements!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I am such a fan of The Cincinnati Museum Center. Most recently, I had the pleasure of going with my granddaughters to The Children's Museum. It was a memorable experience for them, and I think this YaYa enjoyed it just as much as they did...how lucky we are to have this wonderful place to enjoy with the grandchildren. My husband and I also enjoy the History Museum. The trip with the granddaughters reminded us that we are overdue for a visit there too.
No matter what age you are...there is something for everyone to enjoy here!

Visited January 2013
8 attraction reviews
“So much to see here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have lived within an hour drive to this place my whole life and just discovered the awesomeness this year!! I was overwhelmed with how cool the exhibits are... I loved the model of early Cincinnati --- it covered an entire huge room.

Visited January 2013