“Unexpected Gem” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nada

Nada
600 South Walnut Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)
(513) 721-6232
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Nada is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 1,747 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: 6th Street
California
“Unexpected Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

We were referred here by one of the valets at our hotel. Being from Southern California, I am usually hesitant about Mexican restaurants anywhere but the southwest. This one was wonderful. The waiter really knew his menu and could explain every dish. The service was quick and food was hot and yummy.

Visited July 2014

Joliet, Illinois
“So nice. Bring everyone!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had a big group of 20 without reservations. We asked to sit together. We didn't have to but they made it happen.
The food was great. Loved the Guacamole. The margarita wasn't bad either :).

Visited July 2014
“Great atmosphere, knowledgable staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stopped in for late lunch and informed by the hostess we could take advantage of happy hour if we sat at the bar, which suited us. Bartender (Leroy?) was very friendly & knowledgeable but he brought Chuck out to answer our questions about the liquor options since we recently gave up beer & wheat products. We were thoroughly educated and you could tell Chuck loves what he does!!
We ate off the happy hour menu and enjoyed the guacamole and tacos.
We really enjoy Boca and Sotto. Nada is a great casual offering and the level of service is comparable in our experience.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“SiSi on Nada!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Took granddaughter to one of her favorite places,Nada,for a going away supper..we aren't a true Mexican food fan,but Nada proved to be the right place for us to change our minds.
we were here on a baseball game night, a bueble concert night(spell?) but lucky for us our reserv. Was timed perfectly. Having read some reviews about service we can't say enough about ours ..it was great. We happen to be way beyond the average age at Nada, and although not outwardly noticeabl, they took sight of that when seating us...we were seated upstairs bar area, with views of the street and somewhat more quiet than downstairs..the stairs by the way counted as 2 pair on the fitbit! Food was great, the quacamole as a starter was super, chips were fantastic( brought some home!) we all had the tacos ..3 per order fish was declared best as was the pork belly , vegetarian(. My fav.) and carnitas..margaritas yummy...only slip up was an order for the sparkling cava..it came as sparkling sangria..but they rectified that by bringing a glass of cava to" water" it done! Might be a few too many " managers" but with their business maybe it's needed...this was on a Tues. By the way!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“A fun stop on a short trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Nada came very highly recommended from three different sources while I was in Cincinnati in early July for business. We needed a place that offered a nice meal and decent prices. I always like to hit hip places but never want to go somewhere inappropriate for work colleagues. This was a really nice blend of all of our criteria. I had the salmon fajitas and they were really good. I was pleasantly surprised. My strawberry margarita was a fun treat too.

The ambiance is really hip, although I was surprised to see there were a lot of under 21 looking people in groups frequently entering. That might have been due to the hour we were there and the fact that it was a Monday. It didn't detract, it only made me realize I am getting older! The decor was awesome. I was trying to covertly see who did some of the mixed media pieces on the second floor, but I couldn't do it without looking too tacky. No, I did not look underneath the china to see which brand it was...Maybe I will call them to find out who did the pieces up there, they were great!

I am really glad we went and I would recommend this place to someone looking for something a little trendier than typical steakhouses and something local.

• Visited July 2014