“Descent stay on a budget with kids” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Cincinnati North / Sharonville

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Cincinnati North / Sharonville to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Cincinnati North / Sharonville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11440 Chester Road, Cincinnati, OH 45246 (Formerly The Hamilton Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Kendallville, IN
“Descent stay on a budget with kids”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stay in Sharonville numerous times during the course of a year to take the kids to Kings Island and CoCo Key Indoor Water Park. Of the three hotels directly surrounding the Water Park, I definitely prefer staying here.

Pros:
-Fantastic complimentary breakfast buffet daily (take some extra milk / juice back to the room for the kiddos later! LOL!)
-Next door to the indoor water park
-Free business center with printer. (Came in handy printing discount tix for Kings Island and Restaurant.com coupons off)
-Pool
-Reasonably clean
-Friendly staff
-Shower head was great
-Affordable thru Priceline

Cons:
-Old noisy air conditioning
-Patios aren't accessible
-Interstate noise and seemingly thin walls
-Door and lock were pretty shady. Appeared to have been opened with a crow bar at some point or other.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Wichita, KS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

I selected this hotel based on the pictures on the Marriott website. Looked pretty nice. What a mistake. The front desk personnel were pleasant but when I went to go to my room the entry, hallway and elevator were filthy. And it was not just fresh dirt, it had been that way. The room was small. The noise from the trucks on the interstate was so bad I had to run the fan on the air conditioner to try to block it out. I tried to use the fitness room but the guy hosing down the pool said the door was jammed and he had to work on it. Then he came to the breakfast area while I was eating breakfast since I couldn't use the fitness room. Breakfast was ok but when i reported that the orange juice machine was out of orange juice they just put a sign on it that it was out of OJ. Poor planning.
This hotel is not deserving to be in the Marriott chain. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here is the best room tip
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
ringwood
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

Wonderful staff. Nice lobby and breakfast area. Older hotel which has been renovated but not what I wouldexpect of a Fairfield. Keep in mind all hotels in this area are subject to highway noise.

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed here 2 nights and for the price you absolutely cannot beat it. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great and the rooms were nice. We will def. stay here again if we come to Cincinnati.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

June 25, 2011
We booked 2 rooms at this hotel for a family vacation, then I read the review on this site stating there was a Bed bug problem....we thought about changing hotels but since our rooms were free at this hotel due to reward points, we decided to tough it out and use precautions just in case there were Bedbugs. We arrived to our room at Midnight after a nice day at Kings Island, and we checked the beds and found no evidence of bedbugs, and upon awaking the next morning no one had been bitten! The hotel is located in a school zone and close to many restaurants, there was one boarded up building close by..but that was the only one we saw (previously someone stated there were many boarded up buildings by the hotel on this site in a review). The hotel staff was very professional and accomodated all our needs during our stay. The hotel lobby was nice and clean and check in only took about a few minutes. We were located on the second floor in rooms 206 and 208 which were ajoining rooms, which was very nice for our family. The hotel could have used a sweeping on the second floor, however there was a wedding party going on during our arrival time.
Our rooms were clean and neat and the beds were comfortable. We did not have any noise issues, as there were previous reviews of a noise problem on this site. There is a very nice free breakfast in the moring from 7-10 am, but get there early as it gets crowded very quickly after 9am..and choices dwindle, however there was plently of waffle batter to make your own fresh waffles.
Right next door at the crown plaza there is a wonderful indoor water park called the CoCo Bay water resort.The water park was very impressive, very clean and the lifeguards were very attentive. There were 4 large slides, 2 inner tube slides and 2 body slides, there was a very nice hot tub for the adults, a large play area with a large dumping bucket every 15 minutes, a lazy river, and an area for the very little ones, a very nice arcade and nice clean bathroom/locker rooms. The cost of the water park is $20.00 per person at either the Fairfirld inn or at the front desk of the water park. If you have a group of 10 there is a discount per ticket on the online site (Check it out as it sounded as if it was quite a bit of savings), or if you are a member of tripple A. There is a walking path from Fairfield Inn to the water park, just a sidewalk with flippers painted on it. We had a very nice stay at the hotel and a wonderful day at the waterpark with the kids. Next year we will plan an extra day to stay at the hotel and use the water park again, as we had a Great time!

Room Tip: Use Rewards points for stay, Great waterpark
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Akron, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I'll make this simple, IF you stay here, make sure to request a room far away or on the opposite side of the highway. We arrived at the hotel at 10pm, and at midnight the highway had workers just start construction and you could hear all the tire noise from Semi-Trucks and cars. Even after the construction was over, the tire noise got louder and loud motorcycles were flying by too.

Tried turning the air/fan on high, and the tv volume up, but that did not help. Unfortunately I did not have ear plugs, but who thinks to take them everywhere they go.

Breakfast was great, service was great, just the horrible room location toward the highway end of the hotel was absolutely horrible. I wish I would have known to request a room far away from the interstate!

Plain and simple, always request room away from Highway, bring ear plugs! haha

I know now~!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

I stayed here with my kids, the third week of May,while traveling through Ohio to Kentuck.
I thought it would be fine because Fairfield is a Marriott Property. also this was convient because it was right off the highway.
Boy was I disappointed!
I discovered bites on one of my children the following morning, upon further inspection of the room that morning is discovered evidence on the Mattress Pad and Mattress itself of BEDBUGS!
When I brought this to the Front Desk Attention, they refered me to a manager, and refused any Compensation!
I have tried to contact the Manager, but have had no success. I should have taken pictures!!!!
I will never return to this Hotel and will tell family about it as well.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Cincinnati North / Sharonville? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Cincinnati North / Sharonville

Address: 11440 Chester Road, Cincinnati, OH 45246 (Formerly The Hamilton Hotel)
Location: United States > Ohio > Cincinnati
Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Hotel Class:3 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Cincinnati North / Sharonville 3*
The Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati North/Sharonville Marriott is perfect for business, weekend getaways, family, and leisure travel to Cincinnati. We're located in the Cincinnati North area just a short distance to restaurants, shopping, and movies. We are also just a short 15 mile drive to downtown Cincinnati, and walking distance to the CoCo Key Water Resort. All guests can enjoy complimentary breakfast every morning, and complimentary high speed wireless internet throughout the hotel. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Cincinnati North / Sharonville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati North / Sharonville Hotel Cincinnati
Fairfield Inn And Suites Cincinnati North / Sharonville
Fairfield Inn Cincinnati
Fairfield Inn & Suites By Marriott Cincinnati North / Sharonville Ohio

If you own or manage Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Cincinnati North / Sharonville, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.