“Great hotel very close to Kings Island!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 48 hotels in Cincinnati
mississauga
“Great hotel very close to Kings Island!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I was very impressed with my most recent stay! My girlfriend and I spent 2 days at Kings Island and this hotel was very convenient. Right off I-71 and 5 minutes from the park. Our room was very clean and comfortable, plus the added bonus of a microwave, mini fridge and coffemaker...awesome!! Great flat screen TV too! Didn't use the outdoor pool as it wasn't open yet, but looked like a decent size. The location is amazing...everything you need so close. Restaurants, fast food, shopping, big box stores, gas...it's all right there. The hot breakfast is so-so...pre-cooked eggs and sausage, although the waffles were very good. Of course, the usual continental type stuff was also available.

Overall, a great experience at a great price! Highly recommend Comfort Inn Northeast, especially if you are visiting KI :)

• Stayed May 2013
Greg R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thankyou for the excellent review. Our staff appreciates that you had a wonderful stay here and the location of our property worked well for you. Come Back soon and try our property again. Thank you.

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
McCordsville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was a one night stay for an overnight Kings Island trip. I got a reduced rate of $74 +change for a military rate for a total of $88 with taxes. I would advise that you not pay higher than the military rate if you use Priceline or some other discount service. The hotel was OK--I didn't have any problems seeing any dirt or bugs. The rooms were a little small but did include a microwave and refreigerator in mine. The bathroom were indeed small and someone using a walker or of a large girth would have a hard time shutting the bathroom door. The beds were OK and I was tired.

The other small things were at breakfast. The pastries are small, the yogurt is in half sized cups--even the oranges were small. But it was good enough for breakfast and did save some money that way. I took my food back to my room. The staff were very helpful and that bumps up this property from average to good for me.

Room Tip: If elevator noise bothers you, stay away from the elevators.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thankyou for the review. The staff and I try very hard to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I am glad you experienced our hotel and our efforts. Hopefully you will remember to visit our hotel again if in the area. Thankyou.
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I booked this room for my wife and son as they were traveling across country. I booked it by talking direct to the person at the desk, but when my family checked in, there was some confusion over the booking. The front desk was very busy that night, so that probably caused some of this, but the person was pleasant enough.

The room itself was good, very clean, with the normal amenities.

Breakfast was the standard continental fare, waffles, eggs, yogurt, cereal, fruit, etc. It was good and my wife noted the biggest downside was it was very busy and crowded that morning, but the staff did a good job working hard and keeping things flowing.

The one thing both my wife and son noticed was how hard working the staff was.

Room Tip: Do not get a room next to the ice machine if you can avoid it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Greg R, Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for the review. I am sorry about the confusion at check in but I am glad we were able to resolve the issue. Yes it does get a bit busy in the morning for breakfast and the staff does a good job with maintaining breakfast. Again thank you for your review.
Knoxville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed here using Choice Privileges Points for a couple of nights on a recent trip to Ohio. The hotel appeared clean and fresh and was easy to find right off of I-71. There is a little "general store" type area in the lobby where you can buy drinks, chips, and sundries 24 hours a day. This was nicer than the typical drink/snack machine where you never know if you are going to get an out-of-date soda and you don't have to worry if you don't have change or $1 bills. Check-in was quick and easy as they already had the room keys ready for all of the reservations for the night.

The room was clean, average size, with two double beds, a small table and chairs, microwave and fridge, TV, and dresser. The vanity was outside of the toilet/shower area, which I always appreciate as it allows more than one person to get ready at the same time in the morning. The shower did not have much water pressure, but it was not terrible. The location of the light switches was a little confusing as the switch for the vanity area was on the wall in the coat rack area and the switch for the bathroom was on the wall outside of the bathroom (making it impossible to go into the bathroom in the dark without turning the light on and disturbing anyone else in the room). The double beds seemed smaller than average, though I didn't really measure so it could have just been an illusion (most similar hotels I have stayed in have switched to queen size beds, and there seems to be enough room to do so). Also, they had the small pillows that are like sleeping on soft throw pillows instead of a bed pillow. Otherwise, the bed was comfortable enough and the location of the hotel is off of the main roads so noise was not an issue.

The breakfast area is small but adequate for the number of people that were staying while we were there (not sure how it would handle large crowds). They offered the standard make-your-own waffles (though they also had cinnamon waffle batter along with regular, which was a nice change), flat frozen eggs and sausage (but no biscuits with eggs and sausage??), and the usual assortment of pastries, cereals, juice, etc.... It was kept clean and well-stocked every time that I saw it.

The hotel is in a great location with lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. A few within walking distance and many more within a very short driving distance. It is also right off of I-71 with easy on/off access and just one or two exits away from Kings Island (the purpose of our visit). While there are other hotels closer to Kings Island, this location was such a short drive and offered a lot better value since most hotels right next to attractions like that charge based on location and not quality.

When/if we return to the area, I will absolutely consider this hotel again without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Greg R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for the review. Your review was interesting and informative as it started with the exit to the property and continued all through the property. I am glad you enjoyed the other features of the hotel that it has to offer. Again thank you for the thorough review.
ingleside, il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We spent two nights here with a bus tour group. Our room was nice, but didn't have a comfortable chair. When I asked the staff if one was available, or an upgrade that we were willing to pay for, they tried to help us. No other rooms were available - but the manager took a nice comfortable desk chair from his office and had the young lady at the desk bring it to our room! We thought that was 'above & beyond'. The beds were very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the review. Our staff with each and every request will try to honor the request to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We were happy to take care of your request and glad the chair did work for you.
Hinckley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Our front desk clerk went out of her way to help us out. We wanted to change our original reservation and she upgraded us to a wonderful suite for a very small charge. We were able to eat a nice meal we purchased and brought back to the rooms. Everything was clean, we were very pleased!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for the review. We try to make a guest as comfortable as possible when staying here and I am very happy that the staff was able to accomadate you and we look forward to seeing you again if ever in this area again. Thank you very much for staying here and I will show this review to the guest service rep who took care of you.
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We drove to Cincinatti to go to A Reds Braves game last wee. I am a Choice Hotel member so I reserved my room from there based on reviews that I had read here. We found the Hotel easily and was surprized that there were eating places all around it as well as shopping. While we weren't there for shopping when I go back in the future my wife will be. The room was clean, the wi/fi worked well and staff was friendly. The room had a flat screen tv, prob. 32 inch with lots of cable channels. (All the sports channels) We were within 15 minutes from the stadium so travel time to the game was nice. The room was a little small compared to some but it was fine. The breakfast then next day was fine. I had a bagel and yogurt and an orange along with my juice & coffee. They had make your own waffles and sausage & egg to make a sandwich as well as cereals and fruit. Checkout was a breeze. I will definately stay her again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Greg R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thankyou for the response. The staff thanks you for the great review and hope you will continue to use us. We work hard to make every visit to our hotel a special and relaxing stay. And it shows by the review such as yours. Again Thank you very much.

Been to Comfort Inn Northeast? Share your experiences!