“Good value, Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Knoxville, TN
“Good value, Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed here using Choice Privileges Points for a couple of nights on a recent trip to Ohio. The hotel appeared clean and fresh and was easy to find right off of I-71. There is a little "general store" type area in the lobby where you can buy drinks, chips, and sundries 24 hours a day. This was nicer than the typical drink/snack machine where you never know if you are going to get an out-of-date soda and you don't have to worry if you don't have change or $1 bills. Check-in was quick and easy as they already had the room keys ready for all of the reservations for the night.

The room was clean, average size, with two double beds, a small table and chairs, microwave and fridge, TV, and dresser. The vanity was outside of the toilet/shower area, which I always appreciate as it allows more than one person to get ready at the same time in the morning. The shower did not have much water pressure, but it was not terrible. The location of the light switches was a little confusing as the switch for the vanity area was on the wall in the coat rack area and the switch for the bathroom was on the wall outside of the bathroom (making it impossible to go into the bathroom in the dark without turning the light on and disturbing anyone else in the room). The double beds seemed smaller than average, though I didn't really measure so it could have just been an illusion (most similar hotels I have stayed in have switched to queen size beds, and there seems to be enough room to do so). Also, they had the small pillows that are like sleeping on soft throw pillows instead of a bed pillow. Otherwise, the bed was comfortable enough and the location of the hotel is off of the main roads so noise was not an issue.

The breakfast area is small but adequate for the number of people that were staying while we were there (not sure how it would handle large crowds). They offered the standard make-your-own waffles (though they also had cinnamon waffle batter along with regular, which was a nice change), flat frozen eggs and sausage (but no biscuits with eggs and sausage??), and the usual assortment of pastries, cereals, juice, etc.... It was kept clean and well-stocked every time that I saw it.

The hotel is in a great location with lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. A few within walking distance and many more within a very short driving distance. It is also right off of I-71 with easy on/off access and just one or two exits away from Kings Island (the purpose of our visit). While there are other hotels closer to Kings Island, this location was such a short drive and offered a lot better value since most hotels right next to attractions like that charge based on location and not quality.

When/if we return to the area, I will absolutely consider this hotel again without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Greg R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for the review. Your review was interesting and informative as it started with the exit to the property and continued all through the property. I am glad you enjoyed the other features of the hotel that it has to offer. Again thank you for the thorough review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
ingleside, il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We spent two nights here with a bus tour group. Our room was nice, but didn't have a comfortable chair. When I asked the staff if one was available, or an upgrade that we were willing to pay for, they tried to help us. No other rooms were available - but the manager took a nice comfortable desk chair from his office and had the young lady at the desk bring it to our room! We thought that was 'above & beyond'. The beds were very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the review. Our staff with each and every request will try to honor the request to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We were happy to take care of your request and glad the chair did work for you.
Hinckley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Our front desk clerk went out of her way to help us out. We wanted to change our original reservation and she upgraded us to a wonderful suite for a very small charge. We were able to eat a nice meal we purchased and brought back to the rooms. Everything was clean, we were very pleased!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for the review. We try to make a guest as comfortable as possible when staying here and I am very happy that the staff was able to accomadate you and we look forward to seeing you again if ever in this area again. Thank you very much for staying here and I will show this review to the guest service rep who took care of you.
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We drove to Cincinatti to go to A Reds Braves game last wee. I am a Choice Hotel member so I reserved my room from there based on reviews that I had read here. We found the Hotel easily and was surprized that there were eating places all around it as well as shopping. While we weren't there for shopping when I go back in the future my wife will be. The room was clean, the wi/fi worked well and staff was friendly. The room had a flat screen tv, prob. 32 inch with lots of cable channels. (All the sports channels) We were within 15 minutes from the stadium so travel time to the game was nice. The room was a little small compared to some but it was fine. The breakfast then next day was fine. I had a bagel and yogurt and an orange along with my juice & coffee. They had make your own waffles and sausage & egg to make a sandwich as well as cereals and fruit. Checkout was a breeze. I will definately stay her again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Greg R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thankyou for the response. The staff thanks you for the great review and hope you will continue to use us. We work hard to make every visit to our hotel a special and relaxing stay. And it shows by the review such as yours. Again Thank you very much.
Lorain, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Pros:
Room was very clean
Non-smoking room had NOT been smoked in
Towels are very soft and fluffy
Bowed out curtain rod in the shower
Better Wi Fi connect than many places I've stayed
Good air conditioning

Cons:
some non-functioning light fixtures
dresser was small, only big enough for the tv, no space to put bags or anything else
would've been nice to have an easy chair/recliner of some sort to read, only place to sit was on the
bed or a small table (yes, a quibble, but I'm finding more and more hotels have an easy chair of some
sort.

Overall, considering I had a Farm Bureau discount, this was a decent hotel close to I-71 for relatively cheap.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for the response. I appreciate both the pros and cons. We actually do have the soft cushion chairs with the ottamens in all of our kings that do let you relax and read in them and we might experiment with them in some of our double rooms but the con with that is the double rooms usually have the families in that room type where the activity chairs and tables are more used for the families. And Choice will be upgraded to new furniture in the near future. I will check on the light fixtures. I thankyou again for the review and sugestions. Please stay with us again if ever in Cicinnati.
Willoughby, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This was just a one night stopover, otherwise the dim room lighting (making it difficult to read) and inability to shut the drape completely to block the outside light (making it difficult to sleep), would have been more of an issue. Otherwise, the room was clean and comfortable with the sink located outside the bath, which we prefer. It's nice that the windows can be opened for ventilation. There seemed to be only 1 luggage cart available. The ice machine on the 3rd floor was broken. I would have discussed these problems with the front desk at checkout, but the person didn't ask, "How was your stay?"

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for the review. I appreciate your comments and we will correct the issues you had. We do have two luggage carts on property and I will check into getting a third luggage cart. The ice machine was out and we were waiting on parts to correct the problem. We do have an ice machine on each floor by elevator. Again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We hope to see you again if in this area again and again your response tells us what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong. Thank you
Alexandria, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

BEDBUGS! And for some reason my previous review has been removed. My husband and I stayed in April 2012. The staff did nothing to help when we told them we were leaving at 4am due to the infestation. The girl at the desk even said she was afraid to come to work it was so bad.

• Stayed May 2012
Greg R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for the previous review. The staff at Comfort Inn are trained on Bed bug procedures which includes detection and elimination of bed bugs if any are found. We have outside pest control treat and eliminate bed bugs if found and have inspections regularly. I would request you give me a call so we could discuss your experience here. I look forward to hearing from you.

Been to Comfort Inn Northeast? Share your experiences!