“Great stay in the Cincinnati area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #27 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great stay in the Cincinnati area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Only stayed a night. The hotel and staff was great. We did have an issue with the heat in our room kicking on in our room. The front desk moved us to a lower floor and everything was fine. Descent area to eat and do a little shopping. We actually stayed free using our Marriott Reward points. Would definitely stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Elkridge, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We had a full day at Kings Island and decided to stay here based on TripAdvisor reviews. :)

Good- This is GREAT for long term stays. There is a full kitchen with pots, utensils, fridge, and microwave. If one is relocating or have a long term stay, I would suggest this type of hotel.
The rooms including bathrooms are very clean and modern. Parking is free.
The room are divided in separate buildings suggestive of apartment style which I thought was pretty neat. Near restaurants and shops.

Bad- I was a bit disappointed in the breakfast. There was a full hour from closing and it was not well stocked. I assume if you get there early you will have a better selection. The food was so scant I thought it was about to close, and then I check the time and found there was a whole hour left. I asked the attendant for more bananas and she asked me, "How many?" And brought out the exact number. I thought that was strange. At least we were near restaurants and shops.

I will probably stay with Marriott again in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms are apartment style setup. Park near your building.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Batavia, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel.

The check-in process was quick and the clerk was very friendly. She promptly issued our hotel keys and showed us to the area where morning continental breakfast would be served in the morning.

We were pleasantly surprised when we entered the two bedroom suite. The suite had nice, clean kitchenette with microwave, stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, and most importantly, a coffee maker.

The dining area provided a good sized rectangular table with three chair. One side of the table sat against the wall between the bathroom and the bedroom.

The living area had sofa, chair, and flat screen television.

The two bedrooms were nice. Both had queen sized beds and flat screen televisions. Ample drawer space.

Bathroom was nice. The door in the bathroom separated the shower/toiler area from the vanity area. Made it nice for someone to shower while another was using the vanity.

The rooms were very clean. The Housekeeping staff was excellent.

We checked out the continental breakfast one morning. Not much offered. Packaged muffins, bagels, cream cheese, milk, coffee, packaged oatmeal, cereal.

The hotel does have an outside pool. During our time there, the pool was undergoing repair and maintenance. Too cold to swim outdoors anyway.

One night, the fire alarms sounded and we had to evacuate the building. The alarms were very loud and ear piercing. Definitely got our attention at midnight. Fire department arrived and confirmed it was a false alarm. Made for an interesting night.

The location is in a nice location located off the main street where you can find plenty of shopping and tons of restaurants to choose from. Conveniently located one exit away from Kings Island Amusement Park.

Overall, a nice place to stay. We would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stayed here for one night. The hotel is separated into two buildings, which was interesting. The two bedroom suite was very spacious. Breakfast was continental, but there was no waffle iron as in many other hotels that offer continental breakfasts, but this wasn't a huge deal for us. We needed to check out at 1pm instead of 12, and the front desk allowed us to do so with no charge. The suite layot with fridge, sink, and sofa, was very nice.

The only issue we had (hence the 4 star rating) was that the air conditioner in the room kept turning on all night, even though we wanted it to stay off. First we turned the thermostat off, but that didn't work. Then we tried setting it to fan, but it kept blowing ice cold air. I ended up having somewhat of a cold due to this...

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

This hotel is great. I do not know why it has so many negative reviews. My only negative was that there was a blue stain of what appeared to be listerine or tooth paste on my blanket. Aside from that I got the 3rd floor corner room that had 2 separate rooms. 3 tvs and the Internet was fast enough to work and stream videos. The shower had good pressure. Overall the room felt clean. The beds were soft and the pillows were decent. Tons of storage space and had a legit kitchen with a stove, microwave and even silverware. Despite the fact my wall mate had what sounded like their whole family and a screaming child around 11 PM, once I closed my door to my room these sounds were gone. The check in process was quick and easy and the overall experience was great. If I ever go to kings island with friends or something I will stay here.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Londrina, PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

The place has an affordable price for a long stay hotel; the price goes down as long you stay there. Try to book early since it's pretty crowded at any point of time. Be sure to get a car (there's tons of RAC in the nearby area) to get to Cincinnati.

Room Tip: Suítes no canto são maiores.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Just checked into this property. The room is filthy. There was a large pot of what I assume was grease on the kitchen counter. Crumbs all over the kitchen counter. Dishes with food drippings in the microwave. No toilet paper in the bathroom. I encountered the same issue on my last visit but it was rectified by management. I don't know what possessed me to stay here again. But I would urge you to choose another place to stay. Apparently this is not a fluke it's always like this. I'm out of here Monday

• Stayed March 2014

Been to TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Northeast? Share your experiences!