“Comfortable, affordable accommodations” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
Columbus, Ohio
“Comfortable, affordable accommodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My family stayed here as part of a free night through my Marriott Rewards points. We were visiting Cincinnati for my son's birthday and just need a nice place to crash, eat some pizza, etc.

For a small family, the Towneplace Suites was excellent. There was a small kitchen with stove, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, coffee maker, and fridge. Nice to be able to stash a cake, some drinks, and still make some breakfast the next morning. The bedrooms were nice, beds comfortable. The room decor was a little outdated, a lot of brass and plain wood, but I didn't notice any glaring issues. My son got to have his own bedroom so I know that was appreciated.

The continental breakfast was basic, but it had enough to make a family of three happy and able to get out the door quickly. Staff was nice, checkin/checkout was simple, and it was located in a good area with plenty of retail stores, grocery stores, and pizza joints. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this location for a week. The gentleman who checked me in allowed me to check in a little early. I discovered that I had left one of my ties at home but the same person located a jos a banks and haven't directions the rooms are nice and spacious. My only complaint were the sheets didn't really fit the bed. The corners came up and constantly needed to be pulled down. The house keeping staff was good all in all I was very satisfied with the stay and would recommend this hotel for either short or extended stay.

• Stayed November 2012
Alachua, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

A recent visit to Ohio was my first experience with TownePlace Suites (I've been switching my lodging businees to Marriott). I stayed at one in Dayton and it was quite nice. No so much for the Mason property.

It's not that it was terrible. It was very quiet and I slept well - which is what really counts. The linens were reasonably clean and fresh. So no complaints there. But, in my opinion, it does not even come close to living up to Marriott standards. It was more like a Best Western. First off, the fixtures are just plain cheap. This place cannot be that old but the wood finish on the bath vanity was already pretty well-beaten. Again, not really a big deal. But what did turn me off was the presence of critters. I killed an unknown insect (not a roach but still a turn-off) in the bathroom.

Several others mentioned the location - it IS remote. The hotel is at least a half-mile back off of Fields-Ertel Road. you could probably walk to one of the restaurants on Fields-Ertel (i.e., Cracker Barrel or TGI Fridays) but it would be a pretty good hike. Stay at Holiday Inn Express and you've got a Graeter's Ice Cream Parlor right there - that's all you need.

Again, all-in-all, I was disappointed. It might have been acceptable for $60-$70 per night; but not $100. The young lady that checked me in upon my arrival was very pleasant. So kudos to the management for that.

But the next time I am in the area, I am going to stick with HI Express or Hyatt Place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Valerie M, Manager at TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Northeast, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay here with us at TownePlace Suites. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback and to post your comments. We are sorry to hear that we were not able to exceed your expectations, and that you found the hotel quality to be less than perfect. We are pleased to tell you that the property will be undergoing a full renovation during the first quarter of 2013 that will update both the rooms and common spaces in full. We hope that you may consider returning back to the hotel once this renovation is complete. If you would like to contact me directly I would be happy to go into further detail and invite you back personally for a future stay. Thank you again for your comments.
Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

It is difficult to find a nice place to stay that accepts our well behaved dogs. From our first visit, the staff has always been more than gracious. The suite is clean and was comfortable for our various stays. We usually stay 4 days at a time. We plan to stay there for our bi-yearly visits with family. Love the mattress and pillows. Slept like a baby and I am getting over whip lash, so especially important.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We have a very pleasant stay at this hotel. The suite we were in had a kitchen, however we did not use it. It was nice to have the larger fridge for keeping leftover pizza in, though. The rooms were clean, and the staff was friendly. The breakfast was not much to be impressed over, however.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I spent a few weeks at the TownePlace Suites. I was in town on business and my family was going to be with me for part of my stay. Having lots of experience with 2 kids and different hotel variants I had a strong preference for something with 2 bedrooms - that dramatically limits the options as most properties only have 1 bedroom suites. To it's credit - the TownePlace Suites was one of the small handful of options, and was very reasonably priced. The time there was fine - it was fairly quiet, there are lots of restaurants and stores nearby (granted almost exclusively chains that I really don't like but so be it), and its conveniently located. My kids enjoyed having a pool.

On the flip side:
-the rooms are quite small, if you took a good sized one bedroom suite and added some walls you would get these rooms, the second bedroom doesnt add much floorspace!
-only one bathroom....not ideal
-the beds are way too soft for my taste
-the staff was nice but it seemed that everyone there was new...nothing was as simple as it could have been

So, if you need a two bedroom or absolutely have to be in this location this is a perfectly acceptable option. But my overall experience was neutral, I didn't leave a raving fan.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Overall, I was very satisfied with this hotel. I was able to get a 2 bedroom suite for 1 night with only 7,500 Marriott points, which seems like a good deal to me. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Very convenient to King's Island. Also, I was excited to find that we were right next door to a Springhill Suites, and they let us get a pool key and use their facilities during our stay at TownePlace (which only has an outdoor pool and no hot tub).

My only complaint was a bad odor in the kitchen area, which I think may have been coming from a dishwasher that didn't dry or something, but not sure.

Room Tip: If you are using points, get a suite for the same price as a studio!