“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
clayton nc, United States
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Staff was great, room clean, good location, close to interstate and all the amenities you need. Breakfast was pretty much the usual with eggs, sausage, cereal, yogurt and fruits. I was hoping the breakfast would have started a little earlier than 6am. Indoor pool a little cramped at times.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This hotel, while not brand new, was clean and located in a decent area with shopping and dining options close by. The beds were decent and the shower had plenty of hot water and good water pressure. The complimentary breakfast was typical of Hampton Inn, with some hot items and other breakfast fare, although the seating area was somewhat small and crowded. Bottled water was free at the front desk.

However... this hotel is "pet friendly." We typically try to avoid pet friendly properties, although we've stayed at some in the past without issue. We stayed at this one without thinking about its pet policy, due to the strong recommendation of a well-respected local business. On our second (and last) evening at this hotel, we were subjected to a barking dog in a nearby room from about 6:30p-10:30p. The lone staff member at the front desk apparently made multiple trips to our floor in an attempt to identify the room, but was unable to do so. Interestingly, I was able to identify the room almost immediately by following the sound of the barking dog as I walked down the hall, and I reported it to the front desk multiple times. I was repeatedly told that the front desk staff would attempt to reach the owner, but that they could not do anything about the dog until the owner returned. Coincidentally I'm sure, after my first couple of reports of the barking dog, dialing "0" on the phone in my room resulted in a busy signal, so I had to physically visit the front desk in order to report that the dog continued to bark. The barking ceased at some point between 10:30p-11:00p when, presumably, the owner returned to take the dog outside for a bathroom break. We knew about that, too, because the dog barked all the way down the hall on the way out (as it passed our room), and all the way down the hall on the way back in several minutes later.

If hotels are going to be pet friendly, they need to have a way to address the issues that go along with accepting pets, so that other guests are not inconvenienced. Even if I had brought a pet of my own, I certainly wouldn't have wanted to listen to someone else's barking dog late into the night, and I wouldn't have dumped my own dog off in the room and disappeared for hours on end. The front desk staff did offer to move our room (because, I guess, they considered us to be the problem), but not until around 10:00pm, when my kids were already in bed. When I again mentioned my dissatisfaction to to the front desk staff the next morning, the staff person appeared rather indifferent. No significant concession nor effort was made to resolve my reasonable dissatisfaction, and so far, a phone call to the general manager (Lillian) has not been returned.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lillian R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Eastgate, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. We at take a great deal of pride in meeting our customer’s expectations and are disappointed anytime we fall short of that goal. I am so sorry that you were inconvenienced by the dog backing near your room. I realize how disturbing this was for you and can very much empathize with your frustration. Please know that we do everything we can to accommodate our guests and sincerely apologize that your stay with us was disruptive. Your input and concerns will be discussed at our management team meeting to find options prevent this from occur again.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We value your business and will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have stayed in many holiday inns and expresses and i must say this is by far one of the best to stay inn and the reason is the staff. Ian, Sarah, Gary, Chris, and Josh are always very helpful and are extremely friendly. They have mad this stay a very enjoyable one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Best part of this hotel is that it is very quiet. Staff was very helpful, check-in was quick. Our room and the hallways were not very clean. There was a potato chip on the floor of our room, and obvious dirt on the carpets along the baseboards and in the corners. Bathroom was clean. The card reader on the outside rear door did not work. Some attention to detail needed at this Hampton. I might stay here again because the price was good, but this is not the quality of Hampton we're used to.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Awesome customer service, great rooms, great deal! Will stay there again for sure! They were very accomodating when we had been traveling all night and the cleaned a room just for us to be able to check in early to sleep. Thank you so much!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have stayed at other Hampton Inns while in Cinncinnati attending the Macys Music Festival that were much nicer and cleaner. I was disappointed because the bed skirt was dragging the floor, the bathroom had no ventilation system and I slipped on the wet floor after getting out of the shower, there were not enough towels in the room and the ones that were there were dingy, and I absolutely abhorred the ssue with the garbage. There was one trash can in the bathroom for the entire room and by the time we checked out after a weekend, the trash was overflowing. When I inquired aout a trashbag, I was told they didn't use them and that the cans were cleaned after check out. This was by far my worst experience with a Hampton Inn. Room 317 needs a VENTILATION SYSTEM or ilton beware of potential lawsuits when someone falls on the floor after a hot steamy shower and seriously hurts themself. Oh, the windows were filthy and the carpet needed cleaning. The best thing about this Hampton Inn was the location and the fact that it was surrounded by stores and restaurants if you could access them though all of the major construction.

Room Tip: If you love Hampton Inns as I do, try to book your stay at the one by the University which is of a h...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Lillian R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Eastgate, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Lillian Robbers
Freehold, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

As we have stayed in Hampton Inn hotels before on other vacation trips, we chose this hotel as it was in the general area that we were looking for an apartment for my son who would be starting his new job. The price was very reasonable & the room was large enough to accomodate 4 of us. Better yet was that parking was not an added costl like other hotels. The staff (from front desk, to cleaning to breakfast area) were all very pleasant. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the general Greater Cincinnatil area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Cincinnati Eastgate? Share your experiences!