“Pretty good” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
Westbrook, Connecticut
“Pretty good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had booked a king size non-smoking room for a Wednesday and Thursday night a week in advance. When we checked in I asked if we could have our king on the fourth floor and I was told that they had over booked "sorry" and that I was going to be getting two double beds on the third floor instead. I was annoyed that I had booked the room and all I got was a sorry and not how can I fix this.
If you plan on sleeping with a significant other don't plan on doing it in their doubles. The bed was way to small for two people and they don't feel like "hotel beds".
The breakfast was good with variety between the two days we stayed. The hotel was clean and the treadmill was nice in the workout room. There is no hot tub in the pool area if are wanting that.
I would rate this hotel as a 3.5 because of the service I received when we left. I spoke with the manager and told her how I was disappointed that I was not given the king size room that I had booked. She told me they could have given it to us the second night and I said that I did not want to move our belongings. In the end she gave us one free night for the mix up. We ended up leaving feeling good even though we didn't have good night sleeps.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lillian R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Eastgate, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your reserved room type and that we weren't able to provide you with the king size bed you requested. Our front desk department goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive exactly the room expected, however at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. We certainly appreciate your loyalty to us and truly apologize if this may have caused you any inconveniences.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again.

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

A newfound tradition for the wife and I is staying in this Hampton Inn and shopping the Cincinnati area. This was our second year here, and tgis place is great for location and value. Plans are made for next year too.

• Stayed December 2012
Batavia, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for my daughter's 16th birthday weekend. We stayed Friday Dec 14th -Sunday Dec16th, stayed in room 308. We visited hotels in the area and my daughter selected this hotel. We checked around 3:30 Friday and was able to go into a room. The check-in was easy. The room was very clean and actually not bad for 2 double beds, a desk, microwave, mini fridge, and dresser and TV. The bathroom was big enough to wear 2 people could be at the counter. The bathroom light did flicker and I let them know on Saturday, light was changed within 15-20 minutes. My daughter and her friends spent time in the pool. Was nice to have an indoor pool which felt really good in the pool area. The breakfast was amazing, so many choices to select from. They had cookies and the best part was FREE WATER BOTTLES. Did not have to spent extra for water in bottle. The check-out was very easy painful, the price of the hotel was not bad for weekend stay. I have stayed in many different hotels and never had the staff treat us so nice, and not just one person EVERYONE was super nice. We enough gave the front desk clerk some birthday cake.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is a well run Hampton Inn. Everything you expect from this chain: Friendly staff, clean, comfortable room, good shower, fast internet, free breakfast, convenient location. Only thing that could be improved was the through-wall heating unit, which was little noisy when it cycled on.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Poland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was so happy to be given the room that I had asked for while making my reservation, because It could not be guaranteed at the time of reservation, as there were only three such rooms in the hotel. They have the friendliest staff of any hotel I have ever stayed at. The room was very large and the jacuzzi tub made my Thanksgiving weekend stay perfect! Having a microwave and refrigerator in the room was a plus. The entire hotel was extremely clean and neat. The breakfast was very nice. Could possibly look into having an extra toaster, as everyone was using the one there for toast and bagels, and it took quite some time to toast. The fact that the free breakfast lasted until till 10am was also a nice touch. We used our free appetizer offer at the Longhorn on Saturday night, having dinner with family. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a large room with king size bed and jacuzzi, Room 215, 315, or 415
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fairview
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Front desk was awesome, checking in a breeze, and great location. We were just looking for a quick overnight and were pleasantly surprised at how clean and nice this property was. Even the bathroom was spotless and I'm picky about that. Room had a small microwave & fridge, and internet was speedy. Breakfast was more than expected and we couldn't get over how the staff kept watch on things, keeping tables clean and checking to see if you needed anything, even with a full dining area. Would stay here again if in the area.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lillian R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Eastgate, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback on the hotel! I am glad that your stay turned into more than a "quick overnight" stay. I am very pleased that you received the "Hamptonility" experience!

We at the Hampton Inn Cincinnati Eastgate look forward to your return!

Lillian Robbers
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Checked in after dinner on a weeknight, the front desk agent was very welcoming and kind, offered me cookie and a bottled water. Room was very clean, beds were so comfortable. Bathroom was very clean and tub was nice size for soaking.

The next morning, there was a nice selection of a free breakfast from cold cereal, omelets, sausage patties, oatmeal, nice quality of danishes/donuts, coffee, juices...everything you would need to start the day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Cincinnati Eastgate? Share your experiences!