“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Delaware
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I had booked a different place to stay--but found this one on the internet--it had a pool and breakfast which the other one did not! The kids loved this place and we thought it was real nice! They used the pool and loved it! It was not busy at all! The breakfast was okay--on the weekend I think they could stay open longer---only open till 9:30----could have had a little more sleep!!! All the people working here were very nice and friendly as could be!! We had to ask for more towels and shampoo because there was 5 of us--but no problem they were very accommodating!! Would stay here again if in the area!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed overnight after a long day at Kings Island. Room was clean and the staff was friendly. The pool area is small but serves the purpose. Breakfast was decent, nothing extravagant but did not the attendant restocking breakfast 5 mins before close which was nice for those who slept in. We will definitely return.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The hotel was clean, well lit, and the staff friendly. The indoor pool was a bit small for the amount of guests on this particular weekend but otherwise nice. The hot breakfast was good my only complaint is the way it is set up. The silverware and toaster items with the toaster are at one end of the counter in a corner. The milk and yogurt are hidden below this counter and it was our experience that if someone was toasting something you had a nice wait till you could milk or silverware. The bed was SUPER comfortable. Our kids had no complaints about the sleeper sofa they slept. We went through priceline so no choice on room type. We were very pleased with this hotel. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: recommend asking for a room away from traffic.
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stayed here for a business trip earlier this month. The staff were helpful and friendly the entire visit, which I always appreciated, but the hotel itself is in serious need of some attention. Beds were old and incredibly soft, the television channel selection is limited (no HD), and the rooms had several problems. It looks like they have attempted to update some things, but putting a thick coat of new caulk over existing problems doesn't really take care of anything. The drain was loose in my tub, the sink was not fully attached to the counter, and the toilet didn't flush properly. I hate complaining about things and so I just dealt with it as the basics still worked.

I enjoy working out, but the fitness room here was poorly equipped...a couple of treadmills and an elliptical, in addition to a small selection of free weights. The pool was outdoors and not accessible when weather wasn't good. So, I was stuck to my room for the most part in the afternoons and evenings.

The hotel offers a fairly decent buffet style breakfast, but the eggs tasted so fake that I couldn't eat them. The sausages also were really poor quality. I ended up avoiding breakfast all of the mornings I was at the property.

Location is the big plus for this facility. You are close to several restaurants and the freeway. It's easy access, which is always good. As a business traveler (and SpringHill Suites caters theoretically to the business traveler), I have learned to expect that the basics like clean, updated facilities, a good basic breakfast, a good bed, and modern fitness centers are important to me. This hotel barely had those, and though the hotel staff was friendly, the stay itself was something I don't want to repeat.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Ryan T, Manager at SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Northeast, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Hello-

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Springhill Suites Cincinnati North East. I apologize that your recent stay was unsatisfactory. Unfortunately many of your issues could have been avoided with the proper communication from our team. Because our workout facility is small and not ideal for all of our guests fitness needs, we have adopted a local full service gym for guests to utilize free of charge. Also, while the Towneplace Suites has an outdoor pool, we welcome our guests to share our indoor pool located at our sister property (Springhill Suites). Once again, please accept my apology as I take full responsibility for the lack of communication from our staff and for the numerous issues that you encountered during your stay. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at any time.
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

As a weekly business traveler I tend to split my stays between Marriott properties and Hilton properties. This past week I stayed in two Marriott properties, one in Philadelphia then this property in Cincinnati. This has got to be the most disgusting hotel I have stayed at in awhile. We arrived very late the first night so got into our room at 1:30 am. The next morning when we woke up there were bugs etc, and then when we went to shower there were three towels for five people. The reservation had been made for five so this should not have been a surprise to the hotel but they were unwilling to bring towels - we used the ones from the pool

On Saturday when we woke there were two LARGE cockroaches on the floor in the bathroom. We tried to kill them but they scurried under the wall. Other issues were smoking in the lobby area, staff members on the phone for personal calls, a staff party so therefore no time to help guests and the list goes on. There are several other hotels in this area and I would recommend looking at any of them before this.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hello-

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Springhill Suites Cincinnati North East. I apologize that your recent stay was unsatisfactory. There is no excuse for the cleanliness and service issues that you encountered while at our hotel. I can assure you that these issues will be addressed with our team and we will do everything in our power to ensure that similar issues do not arise in the future. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at any time.
Grand Blanc, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

This Springhill Suite is conveniently located in Mason near many businesses, shopping, restaurants and of course, King's Island. The rooms are spacious, which is great for business travelers. The staff is always very friendly. Irene greets us by name every Monday afternoon and is always very helpful. I have stayed here for 12 consecutive weeks and plan on staying for at least another month. The rooms are also very clean, which is a plus.

• Stayed April 2014
Ithaca, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stay in SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Northeast Room 208 if:
- You prefer to enter your room through adjacent space containing not only a noisy icemaker, but an even noisier, even larger commercial refrigerator and/or freezer that apparently contains the property's breakfast food;
- You prefer your "window" to be so immediately adjacent to and blocked by the roof of the property's porte cochere that you certainly cannot see out of it;
- You prefer "pillows" that, unlike the reasonably-sized ones in the property's photos, are smaller than the decorative pillows in those same photos;
- You prefer not to wash your hair, because your room only has conditioner, no shampoo;
- You prefer decaf, even in the morning, because that is all this SpringHill has available, as smirkingly confirmed by the rude desk attendant, right after he similarly confirmed that others have complained about Room 208.
- You prefer to be promised a rate reduction by both the night auditor and a Marriott Rewards representative because of the aforementioned issues, but instead, you are charged the full rate.
If, however, you prefer to avoid these and other issues, choose another property. There are many better ones in nearby Blue Ash.

Room Tip: Just say no to Room 208!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Ryan T, Manager at SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Northeast, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor Survey and sharing your experience with the SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Northeast. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

Been to SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Northeast? Share your experiences!