“Too noisy” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
Milan, Tennessee
“Too noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I booked this hotel thru Priceline.com. The hotel is very attractive, and the room was quite attractive and well designed. However, the noise from the Interstate was so loud that I found it impossible to sleep. It sounded as if the windows were open. Also, the heater unit made a crackling noise each time it came on, and when the fan stopped, it sounded like a squeaky barn door. I ended up shutting it off completely. The desk personnel were very friendly and efficient, and the breakfast was good. If you don't mind noise, this is a very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: If you like a firm pillow, bring your own. And bring ear plugs!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Mountain Top, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I "Pricelined" this hotel for a few days over Christmas. The hotel was adequate; some areas cleaner than others (elevator and hallways were dingy, rooms were clean). I do realize it was the Christmas week, however, for three out of the five days we stayed our rooms were not serviced. This is not a big deal as we can make the bed and we don't need towels everyday, but for some, this may be an inconvenience. The hotel is out of the way and for those not familiar with the area, it is hard to find, behind a car dealership and off the beaten path. Lots to do around the hotel (shopping and dining). The breakfast was the same every morning and not very impressive (egg patty, sausage patty, bread, yogurt, cereal and oatmeal). The staff here is great, very nice and helpful. For the same price there are several "newer" hotels on S. Mason Montgomery & Northrup Rd. that are more convenient and a better option.

Room Tip: Ask for a hotel that doesn't face the interstate, you can here the trucks and cars going by all...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Valerie M, Manager at SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Northeast, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay here with us at TownePlace Suites. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback and to post your comments. We are sorry to hear that we were not able to exceed your expectations, and that you found the hotel quality to be less than perfect. We are pleased to tell you that the property will be undergoing a full renovation during the first quarter of 2013 that will update both the rooms and common spaces in full. We also plan to expand our breakfast options to give guest more variety.

We hope that you may consider returning back to the hotel once this renovation is complete. If you would like to contact me directly I would be happy to go into further detail and invite you back personally for a future stay. Thank you again for your comments.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

We got a really great rate on the room and enjoyed our stay. Rooms were very spacious clean. Staff was very nice. Only thing was the hot breakfast was lacking and the fruit looked diseased. I took an apple which after biting had to spit out. I drove out to duncan dounuts for my hot breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have stayed at Sprinhill Suites before so knew what to expect room wise. I like having a separate sitting area and a fridge and microwave. When I checked in the staff recommended some restuarants that deliver as I wanted to order in. Monday morning I dropped a diamond earring down my bathroom sink drain so I was very releived that they hotel sent someone to retrieve it for me promptly. They were kind enough to call my cell and give me the good news. There are a lot of restaurants, mostly chains, and a Whole Foods within a short drive. A good spot for a business traveller as the desk is a decent size and the wireless is reliable

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

If you are a regular Marriott customer like me, you know the different brand names within the Marriott family. JW Mariott is among the top, Fairfield Inns are the value brand. Springhill Suites are supposed to be a notch above the Fairfield. I have a sneaking suspicion that this site was a Fairfield at one time and now it is has been upgraded to a Springhill Suite.

The problem is that no one seems to have told the staff that the expectation is a little higher. Here are some of the issues:
1) lots of carpet stains in common area. Elevator was very dirty.
2) Fitness Center was ok (2 Lifefitness Treads, 1 Lifefitness elliptical, 1 recumbent bike. Free weights). All equipment was working, but the fitness room was a little grungy, no towels, wipes, tv remote.
3) breakfast area was very small. Food offering very limited. They ran out of oatmeal all the days we stayed. Use instant packets if it is too much to serve hot oatmeal. (When we asked, we got a gruff, "no oatmeal", even though the brown sugar and raisins were still out.) Breakfast staff comes across as unmotivated to help guests.

On the positive note, room was clean and comfortable. Front desk staff was awesome. The price was very fair. Location was very convenient for what we needed. Room was quiet!

I think this place has a lot of potential. I hate to be very direct about it, but these fixes should be straight forward. Work on cleaning the common areas. Coach your breakfast staff that they represent the hotel and when they look unmotivated, it is very blatant to guests.

I liked the stay. Just want to see a little more effort so we don't feel like we are staying at. Motel 6.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was here as part of a large group this weekend and I was generally impressed with the hotel. The bed was comfortable and the room was spacious. The hotel was surrounded by shopping centers and restaurants. It's located right off the interstate, but the sound was never an issue. My room was clean and had adequate supplies of everything I needed. The only issue was that the WiFi could have been a bit stronger.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Family trip to the Cincinnati zoo was slightly a let down due to the lack of upkeep of this Marriott. We stayed for 2 nights only because it was too late to pack and go home. The indoor pool and hot tub were tied in temperature of teeth chattering and that was key in passing up way nicer more conveiently located hotels and after a long day at the Zoo a major let down both days the hot tub was "having technical issues " as numerous people in the lobby area were voicing their dissatisfying opinion were verifying we werent the only ones who was lured in with the promise of a relaxing hot tub to finish off the day. I myself called manager and was gave the option of one whole extended hour until checkout from noon until one for compensation. I asked why I would want to stay when the ammenaties weren't what was advertised upon booking. Upgrade your maintenance staff or turn on the hot tub heater or drain them and make a skate park.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Northeast? Share your experiences!